Discussion Green skin being revived ?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by grandurr, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. grandurr

grandurr [Daisy's Peony] [Negiomi's Nectar]

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title suggest, green skin has been updated, but is it going to continue updating or is it still just a one off release??

2. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't that something you would ask the current translator? Have you tried sending them some appreciation, monetary or not?

Capsize, grandurr and J-Mitch like this.
  3. grandurr

Reading List:
    Link
    In the trans, its said that its one of the 3 teasers, so i was wondering

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well logically speaking, if it is one of teasers then there is ought to be more

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Asian Hobbyist is worse than death though.:blob_coughblood:

6. DarkLegions

DarkLegions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, look at who's translating it, you might as well do MTL.

They pick up a shitload of novels, but either drop half because they are not popular, or make shitty translations of them, and they never go back and edit some of the horrible grammar, even months after a release.

Not Red Yet likes this.
  7. DeadZky

DeadZky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like revived as undead.

I hope someone could save those gems from them.

8. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But sometimes death is a sweet release :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

If it got picked up by someone decent then I don't mind spending 100$ monthly to read it.

9. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are they really that bad? I've only read one novel from them (it had a shitty translation, godawful grammar, typos) so I don't know too much about them.

10. DarkLegions

DarkLegions Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep pretty much, and they don't seem to care, its all about that revenue they get from clicks and links, like sometimes they would upload a new chapter only to find out that it wasn't the whole chapter, and then you have to wait even more days, weeks or months before you get the second part of the same chapter.

elengee and qwerty1 like this.
  11. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for someone to translate more chapters of The Magnificent Battle Records of A Former Noble Lady. Asian hobbyist picked it up but only translated a couple of chapters before nothing ever again.

12. grandurr

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems that terms used in the prev trans didnt make it to asianhobbyist so reading it might need some time to understand

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the deal. Some hate that I not being a translator started a website. So I get a lot of hate here. This community is more elitist than you think.
    You can read for yourself.
    When I said three teasers, I meant three novels . The other two being MEMORIZE and Arena but don't worry.
    I got a donation and the readership was also quite so it has been picked up.

What novel are you referring to? If it was from two years ago or even a year ago then yes. You have to start from somewhere but that has definitely changed now.
    The novel is too difficult to translate that was why it was dropped.

Even Wuxiaworld has that issue. Going to re translate older chapters is just not cost effect. Recruiting a volunteer is another option though. So if you are interested in proofreading Green Skin, you are welcome to.

@elengee Fellow Daoist, I am disappointed in you. I know you are joking but this is a serious thread lol

I think I should make something as clear as possible. My website started with crappy translations, you have to start from somewhere. The issue is whether there has been any improvements since and I can proudly say yes. Since I now have some translators who are native in both languages they translate.
    You can see the difference in older novels like Evil God Average and The Girl Who Ate The Death god and newer novels like Slime.
    Cheers!
    PS For those who want bonus chapters and cant donate. You can consider this:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/write-articles-in-exchange-for-chapters.93832/
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/wujigege-wants-you.93747/

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019