mental health issue

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tsukkin, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, just asking, what would you do when you find out you're likely to suffer mental disorder after you took a test on the internet? I mean i don't really believe that, i feel like i'm ok, but at the same time i'm not. Hard to describe it. That's why i tried to take the test. Should i try to talk to professional? But my family won't believe that. I'm kinda living in a conservative place, so i don't know what to do.

fuyuuri likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seek professional help if and when you experience actual issues with your quality of life. NOT based on the results of some online quiz.

If you do need to seek help, and can't do it on your own, don't be afraid to talk to someone. Friends, family. Tell them what you're going through and that you want to talk to a professional. Don't worry about what they'll think. They may or may not understand, it's true, but you have to put your health and well-being over something as trivial as someone else's opinions. There's no need to be dismissive of them, of course, but keep your priorities straight.

Blitz, jbturkle, Neku and 16 others like this.
  3. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't trust any results of tests i found on the internet.
    At least that is what the voices in my head are telling me
    That, and to burn it all down:blobcat_hyper:

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't be surprised if that so called online test diagnoses 99% of active NUFfians as mental patients. Would it really mean we all suffer from mental disorders? Surely not. Surely not. Surely not?

5. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd post the link to the test. Then you'll end up seeing a bunch of folk take it and 80% of them will get labeled with something or other. Online tests are mostly bs. If they were real, MENSA would have a lot more members.

raitei, Westeller and Tsukkin like this.
  6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Online tests are not to be believed. But for you to think that you could have issues, you might have some misconceptions. It's ok if you don't want to see a mental health professional right now. Talk to your parents or someone you feel gets you. They can maybe help you process everything so you can better identify.

Tsukkin likes this.
  7. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who is actually facing mental health issues, I'd say you should seek professional advice if and when you feel something is wrong. Just think of it as a whole body check-up for your psychological body. If something is wrong, you'll likely find out. If nothing wrong, now you're sure and probably a little relieved.

8. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, don't trust tests on the net. Those are iffy. Though I don't know what test you took and from what site, it's still not really something you should put importance on.

What's more important is the fact that you seem to be aware of an underlying problem that's been bothering you. Mental health is no joke. That's why there are doctors for it. Of course, sometimes you have to test out a few doctors to get to the right one that will really help you. Talking about it is important. I think @Westeller is right. Talk to someone. Family or friends. Someone you trust because someone needs to know you're ok. At the same time, someone needs to know that you're not in a good place. It's probably hard to live in such a conservative culture because there's a fear of people brushing you off. So, I do hope, at the end of the day, you find someone to confide in.

Tsukkin likes this.
  9. Tsukkin

Reading List:
    Link
    No, yeah, i mean my life has been somewhat chaotic for the past 2 years, and idk what to do, so i tried the test, just wanna know if there's something wrong with myself

10. criticalmind

criticalmind Enter Chunni Name Here

Reading List:
    Link
    Consulting a trained Psychiatrist/Therapist will be much more reliable than asking the internet

raitei and Sheri_Yui_Chan like this.
  11. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost all seemingly-legit online 'mental tests' are superficial. They only touch the surface while ignoring the real issue; that any illness regarding mental health are varied case by case. Moreover if you found those 5-minutes tests that comes out as a fun quiz or so. They're more of a joke rather than a test.

Don't rely on DIY tests or something like that. Don't keep it bottled down. Reach for someone who's understands you the most, and ask for their advice and company for professional consultation. Mental illness is totally not a joke, not a taboo, and absolutely not harmless.

12. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion you should stay away from electronic and intenet devices for a couple of weeks and sleep peacefully hugging a pillow. By the time you come online again you'll be much healthier than any of us here.
    What's MENSA btw?

13. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's the link?

14. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    You aren't talking about $nM test, right? Right? :blobwoah:

15. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya kno, if this thread's topic is not that serious, I'd already thought you were asking for some lewd sauce or something.

16. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you consult professionals don't rely on internet test , talk to your family and then talk to a psychiatrist I did it when I was feeling stressed for my finals in secondary high school the stress really got me badly deteriorating my state I went to a psychiatrist with my parents talking to her and it helped a lot she gave me a lot of advise to improve my mental health .
    I hope this helps you.

mingguiwen and raitei like this.
  17. Tsukkin

Reading List:
    Link
    Ofc not -_-

18. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind it, its smart people club, us peasants don't belong there.

19. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty thinks it's important to be healthy.

Bitty Kitty thinks it's important to be happy.

Bitty Kitty thinks if you are worried about it you should see a doctor.

Bitty Kitty thinks just seeing the doctor will help you feel better.

20. mingguiwen

mingguiwen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not sure if you're okay or not, so you better check it out :) At most you go and your therapist tells you that youre perfectly healthy. But if you're not okay, then it would be a big mistake not to go.

As for your family, sure it's awkward and hard, but if you tell them that you think you may have a problem (maybe specify the problem), they should listen to you. Also, you can look up some articles on google about breaking the news to your parents.

I'm seeing a therapist myself next week, i'm cheering for you! :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

Tsukkin and fuyuuri like this.