Where do you post your novels online?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by kitkat2010, May 14, 2019.

1. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    could you clarify is that "M-rated" as in graphic violence, and mayhem with dark themes, or "M-rated" sex,rape, blood gore, violence?

Edit: cant read am dumb...

2. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like they improved the contracts when they went west...Good for the west authors i guess.

Personally i still wouldn't touch them with 20 meters pole.

Did you know that tencent (owner of quidian/webnovels) also owns half of Epic Games? They are pulling same shit they did with webnovel into Gaming industry.

3. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check it out but my stories are more than erotica. They're fantasy romance with vanilla sex scenes in a BL variety, focusing more in the fantasy adventure and love between characters than the sex.

4. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    you can try posting on webnovel.com but I usually post mine on royalroadl.com

5. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    wattpad is full of teenagers who loves romance, if it's not romance story, it'll be hard,

Royalroad,
    Scribblehub, it's the @Tony 's thing
    moonquil,
    Wordpress, if you wanna be the boss
    Webnovel , it's the famous QI

6. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    so Tencent is owner of QI ...:blob_zipper_mouth:

7. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    Scribblehub is good, but it doesn't have many users - a quick check tells me there's currently just under 9500 registered users.
    RoyalRoad has a much larger userbase with a bit over 120,000 registered users. It is a tough crowd there, though. They're used to novels dropping like flies, so people there are quite hesitant to pick up something new. I haven't really experienced troll commenters or ratings, but other people clearly have, so I guess the trolls just aren't attracted to my novels?

UnknownSaint171 and strayCat0 like this.
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew that recently actually

9. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After checking out the sites listed here; it seems like the amateur authour crowd is mostly ugly fat chicks. "LGBT" is not a genre. This era of SJW's is disgusting.

thisworldofmine1 likes this.
  10. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol that made my evening

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you can identify your categories in a lot of ways. There are even cannibalism stories in there. If you want to search for a particular stuff, just search for tags and categories. Storiesonline.net has more hardcore content than most other places with the exception of asstr.

If your stories are of the fantasy variety with romance, then set your story as 'fantasy'/'high fantasy', and 'no sex'. If it has some sex but it's not the driving force of the story, then set it as 'some sex'. It started out as an erotica site, but it eventually grew to incorporate other stuff too, prompting the owner to set up another site finestories.net for non-erotica but it hasn't really taken off.

12. MelBunns

MelBunns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anybody tried uploading chapters to Medium? There's a pretty massive audience there and you could upload chapters weekly in a similar fashion to the novel translation blogs at the moment.

13. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    question. if the novel is a fanfic?

14. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Literotica can be good for some stuff, depending on what type of Mature you mean.

15. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I think RoyalRoad is the best free one. After doing research, people tend to go on it more though I like Scribble and want to see it grow.
    Though I hate to say it, most views is WebNovel lately, but try testing waters to see if it’s right for you.
    Tapread is coming out in the future, but who knows whether it’d be good or not

16. joyfan

joyfan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fun fact.. tencent own stocks in almost everything they could.. Following is taken from wikipedia.

[Tencent controls hundreds of subsidiaries and associates in numerous industries and areas, creating a broad portfolio of ownerships and investment across a diverse range of businesses including search engine, e-commerce, retail, video gaming, real estate, software, virtual reality, ride-sharing, banking, financial services, fintech, consumer technology, computer technology, automobile, film production, movie ticketing, music production, space technology, natural resources, smartphones, big data, agriculture, medical services, cloud computing, social media, IT, advertising, streaming media, artificial intelligence, robotics, UAVs, food delivery, courier services, e-book, internet services, education and renewable energy.[24] It is one of the most active investment corporations in the world, with stakes in over 600 companies,[25] and recent focus on start-ups within Asia’s burgeoning tech scene.[26][27]]

In gaming itself, they own a stake in ubisoft, supercell, blizzard, riot games and many many more.

You can read it yourself
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent
    to see where else their long arms have reached into.. they are pretty much disney of china.
    Even equipped with a 20m pole.. they could still grab you!:blobpeek:

Back to topic.. I am also interested to know where people post their original work to.As a reader, I tried reading at scribble hub but so far haven’t found any original that I think is on par as some of the webnovel standard. But as aspiring writer, I had seen some people mentioned how horrific the webnovel contract can be.. it makes me curious to know whether there are any existing comparison table for the contract for all platforms.:hmm:

17. INUHim-SAMA

INUHim-SAMA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I write on Fanfiction, they have a subcategory for almost everything. The majority are going to be Harry Potter, Twilight, and Anime base but its a pretty wide spread of people on that website. It may be a little difficult to navigate if you're not familiar with the website as a user though. They also have a separate website you can upload original fiction novels. I find that the people there are nice enough and relatively polite.

For other websites, I tried Royalroadl but I'm not very into it? There is no delete function which bugs me (Anyone know how to delete things once you publish it?)
    I'm also casually writing a novel on Webnovel but I'm not very committed to it and update randomly. Tony's website seems interesting although it doesn't have a great amount of people following, I might post my story there if I get the time.

I'm not sure how it works but there is an asianfanfiction website that has stories mostly on the kpop people or etc. That website seems a bit hard to navigate for me.

Quotev is also a good place to post, its like a different version of wattpad with a quiz creation function. Although I'm not sure what type of story you are posting so I'll only say this website is more towards anime, kpop, and western stories?

otoshi-god likes this.
  18. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    no well... first of all I don't even know how to navigate well in Fanfiction... i was seeing spacebattles/sufficientvelocity/questionablequesting novels and i liked the fact that people could comment in the thread directly between each chapter

19. INUHim-SAMA

INUHim-SAMA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't recommend Fanfiction than. Qutoev has that function for commenting below each chapter. I like Wattpad because it has the function to comment wherever you want in a chapter too! I would recommend these sites for if you want a bigger audience but otherwise, Scribble Hub is easy to navigate and fits that criteria. I just tried it out and I like it.

otoshi-god likes this.
  20. Relhak

Relhak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll publish on your site. It looks good. A shame I've never heard of it before!