LCD Magic Industry Empire

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Sep 28, 2019.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a tag HIATUS...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was interesting starting setting, but author clearly not good enough to made a good story with it. Just why everyone is so good? Why there no interesting conspiracy, machinations or evil deeds? Just why everyone in this story stupid and simple? Dropping it.
    And it was really strange to see how a tool at level of harvester could be created from scratch in a world without machinery just within month. Does author really think that it something so easy to create like table fan?

3. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is a bit of a spoiler, but the first volume is more of a story of him developing the company and there will be more political drama later into the volume and into volume 2. It develops and there is an entire civil war in volume 4 and so on and so on. This is a novel that slowly builds a story and if you’re not into that, then I guess you won’t enjoy reading it, but just thought you should know.

4. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like these kind of story, but this story up until now(translated) could be described by me only as stupid and naive. Not even a mediocre. If author wants to write about mechanics then he should at least basically understand mechanics. If author wants to write about magic medieval then he should at least know history of medieval and how people behaved at that time. Up until now in novel I have seen none of such knowledge.

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-61: Not only does Xu Yi not bother (AGAIN) to ask about the Lewis guy's identity and purpose, but he so easily agreed to a (pretty much) random person's request to observe his work and methods along with the operation of his company. Doesn't he already have issues with copy-cats? He might as well just publish his trade secrets.

6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-62:
    How can there be enough news to justify a daily printing? Has he even established an information gathering network yet?

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So they strengthened silver, they made mythril?

8. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    V1c78:
    What's with these stupid names?

9. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    A literal translation of Chinese names? A Chinese author using western random words as "exotic names" for the characters of his book?

10. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-83:
    How much new can their city have to fill 20 pages a day, every day?

11. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a look at any Victorian paper and you will know...

[​IMG]

12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gossips and advertisements

13. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't have said it better.

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. The mechanics involved seems a little quick to be reasonable. But it is feasible. Admittedly the stars need to be a-line in order to achieve such miracles. That being said most technology devices/ contraptions have a long build phase do to experiment and unworkable results. So if a person knew it’s possible. Well than at LEAST half the work is done. If you combine that with the inventor actual knowing the mechanics within the machine and the skilled workers that know their (blacksmith) craft. It’s not completely outrageous to build a small crude harvester.
    Here’s a toy harvester:

Here’s a pedal driven small harvester:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/05/90/ee/0590eef034dbcc93efcd6103f98a66d1.jpg

In the end although unreasonable quick. May still be possible.

15. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if you know how harvester operates it's still unreasonably fast to build harvester production line in just one month. When developing harvester from scratch there would be thousands of problems which needed to be fixed before it could work. It's not a simple machine at all. Don't even compare it with kids toys which just replicate outer shell without working internal machinery.

16. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, just look at how long it takes to get a new production line going for anything, even in the modern world by people who know what they are doing, people who have years of experience in the specific field and tons of engineering manuals available, it still takes YEARS to set up a new production line, and it takes more time to work out the kinks.

17. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    The magical world is reminiscent of a medieval world. During the 14th century’s clocks were being made. With that in mind even if they made a Rube Goldberg machine to compensate for modern streamlined versions. It should still be possible. I tried to show kids toys because a push peddle tractor has the BASIC idea behind a modern day tractor.
    I cheated. I specifically tried to theorize if I could do it, with an accomplished blacksmith. After looking at the McCormic reaper. I could give it a decent shot of building one. With the MC actually being a engineer. I figure he has a even better shot.
    upload_2019-12-17_9-11-30.jpeg

19. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Here’s one of the first time a major assembly line was created. It was before Punic Wars. The Romans needed a fleet. So they copy a ship and created a fleet within 60 days. Not one ship, but a fleet. Also the level of technology is even more primitive when compared to this story world. So it is possible.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ancient-history/how-romans-beat-the-best-navy.html

20. madmanthan21

madmanthan21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The romans also had the might and manpoer of an entire empire backing them, the also did not need to solve the engineering challenges that would come up when building something entirely new. They already had the expertise.