A new drama involving Slimicee from Meteor Strike Media

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by A_Passing_Wanderer, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, please "go" with aliens. To another galaxy, if possible, thanks. :blobthinkingsmirk:

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Business talks are clearly not private look at how Disney and Sony were arguing over the rights for Spiderman movies. The details were leaked no one bats an eye. Stuff like that happens all the damned time. NO one bats an eye until it's a very small case such as this where oh I'm a private individual it's a private conversation it's clearly not a business meeting.
    As I said this is a conversation in a business context. I.E. in a business you sign things such as NDA's. So yes actually in this scenario you are often are asked to do this. Which is why I brought up that this is not a private conversation it's a business talk.
    Well I mean that's the point of you putting that reminder in I think it's a reminder to only say what is necessary/(don't speak) because it's going to be public/(available to a select group of people). It's also important to conduct yourself properly within a business meeting because you know if you act atrociously you will have it talked about behind your back likely to a large group of people and things are likely to be shown to others. Which will likely affect you down the line
    The point
    No it really isn't excessive. It's a reminder to be on your best behaviour cause this will be shared to others a similar thing is done when you are arrested in most countries where the police are required to read you your rights. The point is to remind you to be on your BEST behaviour. Which is why it's a nice courtesy thing to do in a situation like this. What with how if you don't give what they feel to be an appropriate answer people like @A_Passing_Wanderer will share it around. So be nice and remind people not to be dicks if you are going to be talking business especially when both sides business can be affected by reputation like in this case. Which is why @A_Passing_Wanderer you should have put something in there about using this publicly so both sides are on their best behaviour.

Sorry if I repeated myself quite a bit in there. I was just answering each of your lines.

Lakios and Wujigege like this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I found out hilarious when it was called an amicable relationship by the thread starter.
    The Sony and Disney you mentioned was a leak.
    Not Sony posting the conversation on their company profile page or Disney doing the same.
    There is a big difference.
    If a third party which could even be the thread starter with a second account. I wouldn't mind.
    It is simply business etiquette.
    Will any business person in their right mind do business with a leaker?
    The post I replied to wasn't yours by the way. He was saying anything can be disclosed publicly except for sex videos.
    That is what I was addressing.
    An email is considered a contract too. It is very easy to get into legal jeopardy with the information wild west mentality.
    But hey, I don't really care.
    I just won't hire a member of this community for anything business related.
    I would need to have my brain checked.
    There are too many examples to name.
    I called it out before and was laughed out until the same person did a smear campaign of beloved Wuxiaworld.
    Then people suddenly screamed in indignation
    This thread is a Smear Campaign. That's just the simple truth.

Disclaimer: I think Meteor Strike Media is being run by idiots. I obviously have more funds that they do but won't be so delusional to attempt what they are attempting. Simple research would have shown that it would fail

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    SassyCanoeWizard and GDLiZy like this.
  4. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a weird day when you find yourself agreeing with Wujigege on every line in his post.

5. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I wouldn't. Which is fine, the "business" people probably weren't thinking of working with me in the first place. If they were, they wouldn't have gone over my head and go directly to the manager of the hosting website to leave me in limbo. I wouldn't want to work with such people anyway.

As for warning Slimicee - maybe I should've done that before the conversation started. Initially, I wasn't thinking of going public with this. If Slimicee had said they had acquired or were in an advanced discussion to acquire it, then I'd have said good luck and moved on from the novel.

However, he tried to lie in the convo, then didn't reply back after I pointed it out.

When facing bullying attempts, either you roll over and play dead, or fight as dirty as you can. I chose the latter. Some of you might not like my choice, but I honestly believe that if these kinds of nonsensical actions go unanswered, they will try again with me or with someone else.

I'm not a saint, I make mistakes, but at least I'll try to fight when it matters.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot - this isn't about my DMs with Slimicee, but the latter's attempt to stop me TLing a novel through an unreasonable method. Pls don't try to shift the "goal post", as it were. Not talking about you Wuji, but the poster who originally tried to do that.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not a saint neither am I.
    I have no issue with you.
    I am just pissed at the culture of this community.
    Maybe it's because I was born before the year 2000.
    Anonymity can be dangerous.
    You won't post a conversation with a company on your Facebook profile, will you?
    Guan Zhong was harassing me for over a year on here. Telling me to disclose who my translators are. I made the mistake of hiring one person from this community who then wanted to tell me how to run my website and surprisingly was parroting the same words as Guan Zhong who replied to every single thread I made for like a year.
    After all everything should be disclosed publicly.
    That translator quit by posting on my website instead of talking to me because everything should be public.
    So yeah, it's nothing personal.
    I had a laugh when Guan Zhong did the same with Wuxiaworld.
    So again it's nothing personal.
    And you will be fine. You have a gig with Webnovel after all.
    I am surprised the hypocrites didn't crucify you on the thread for making a deal with "devil"(Webnovel)

7. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still thankful for that even to this day, actually. :D

IzKir and Wujigege like this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It just shows that all the outcry was just grandstanding.
    People just want to read their novels, it doesnt matter who translates it even a racist author who got their light novel pulled gets lots of readers.
    I need to go find someone else to piss off
    Over and out!

Kuro_0ni and GDLiZy like this.
  9. zanari

zanari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure everyone like privacy and secrecy but that has noting to do with legality of the matter. also snapchat is not as pro user as you may thing, check the case the FTC made against them.
    ..or the material shared could put you in legal trouble (i.e sharing sex tap without your partner's knowledge). many people curse their coworkers on socia media or "in private" and still have that matter reach "the victim" through the grape vine, tell when was the last time you hear of a case of someone suing another for leaking a private conversation to their coworkers, some places have the two parties law but that only includes recording someone without their knowledge, not social media/email posts AFAIK.
    that's something happens all the time, private facebook/whatsapp/twitter conversation shared on other platforms (that goes from social media platform to forum to youtube to courts... you name it). you must be really out of touch with the world
    and yet here you are...
    what does no case has to do with anything? if there is no on going case in the court no should talk about such matter or debate the legality/morality of such act?
    the warrants are there to compel evidence from uncooperative parties and also to limit the reach of the law enforcing agencies as there's a strong need for probable cause to get them.
    this doesn't make sense to bring up here. the right to be forgotten only comes to play years after you have actually been condemned by a courts of law and finished your sentence!!
    you're not from another planet, you're just too far up your ass to read what others say. again:"no one should have any sway in what others can and can not share unless they're under contract", pretty sure that's cover NDA, oh an the by the way NDAs are not enforceable after a certain amount of time . even when they're still in effect there are some protections awarded to whistle blowers.(and surprisingly for all those leaked emails going around in politics we have yet to hear anyone getting in legal trouble that specifically relate to the act of sharing them)
    neither is the answer, you just seem to have worked/read too many novel that it eroded your reading comprehension and this is me giving you the benefit of the doubt of actually have one in the first place.

IzKir likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, ad hominem attacks. You make wonderful points.
    I apologize for not being born after the year 2000.
    I expect basic etiquette.
    Over and out.
    PS dont bother replying. I added you to my ignore list.
    Cheers!

11. zanari

zanari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know i put that in there on purpose just to see if you're going to respond to the actual arguments or just hide behind "ad hominim" it not like you kept calling your self an alien since only you seem to understand some glorious truth and everyone else is just an infantile AKA too stupid/immature to get.
    man i love it when douchbags try to claim the high horse
    no wonder people don't seem to like you here

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly we should just assume that all korean novels are licensed by WN right now

13. NeriaTL

NeriaTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not wrong.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  14. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    An update on the situation:

Well, our snitch Slimicee has struck. I got an email forwarded to me by J. It's from Munpia, asking me to take down the Holy Emperor's Grandson is a Necromancer. On the same day as they are launching the novel by the same author.

Now I'll know it's Slimicee's handiwork if same thing happens again in the future, since this "person" is the only one I have beef with.

15. SnailWhoLovesMud

SnailWhoLovesMud Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, that kinda sucks

RIP HEGN:cry:

A_Passing_Wanderer likes this.
  16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm? do you mean munpia launch it own platform?

17. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I meant that Meteor Strike Media has launched a novel by the same author as the Holy Emperor's Grandson is a Necromancer, called Fallen Monarch or some such.

18. TheJudge

TheJudge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I was just checking up on my k novel read list and turns out this novel got dropped due to a rat, bummer. The new group that's translating the novel even has someone writing up reviews to hype their novels up. I prefer this novel over the fall monarch. Releases are a bit erratic, lets hope this group stays longer than pacific novels; assuming the group releases enough chapters per week to keep the readers interested.

19. NeriaTL

NeriaTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel will return soon through legitimate means.
    The former translator may even have an opportunity to pick it up.
    Illegitimate sites like Creative Novel steals works from the original authors without compensating them.
    All that does is hurt the authors who have worked hard to write the stories we [the readers] enjoy.
    The least we can do is give credit where it's due.
    If you truly want to support the work, please read them from legitimate sources.
    The novel, Holy Emperor's Grandson is a Necromancer, will return soon.

peanutbutter_J likes this.
  20. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you someone from Meteor Strike?

Lakios likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.