Recommendations Yandere in Western literature

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by foscor70, Oct 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. foscor70

foscor70 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Yandere is a term mainly used in Japanese media like anime, manga, light novels or visual novel games to describe a personality of a person (usually female) who is either psychotic or violent or both, romantically obsessed with someone to the point of using violent means to get them in their arms.
    Anyway so here I am looking for books/novels written by non Asian authors featuring,
    • female yandere love interest
    • male protagonist
    I want the male protagonist to actually like the yandere girl while being unaware of her yandere tendencies.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Arash1, Vampire Maiden and Sabruness like this.
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most western stories with a yandere I know are about a psychotic (ex-) girlfriend the MC dated before meeting the FL.

Generally is the whole "violence in a relationship"-theme rather taboo, unless the story is about escaping from said violence.

Innieminnie, Geor and Sabruness like this.
  3. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing an ad for a show called "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and that immediately made me imagine yandere.

Also, there is an episode of How I Met Your Mother where Ted gets together with someone who is basically the definition of a yandere in Japanese literature. She is the last person Ted goes out with before finding the titular "mother" I believe. (Not counting that woman he met at Barney's wedding who was hung up on her ex-boyfriend the whole time cause they never had sex and Ted didn't want to get together with her either.)

But it's not literature so I don't think it counts.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    wrightl likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a bit of a tall order. If you asked for male yandere it would be much easier. How about "how to avoid death on a daily basis" on RRL? Then there's "my sister, the villainess" on sh but it's heavily influenced by the Jp webnovel.I dunno, I feel like the yandere genre is underappreciated
    Edit, second season of Dexter. Though I feel like they had more of a physical relationship. And the Reaper (TV show, old af) , one of Sam's ex's is like super yandere

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    How come we don't have a chat room like yuri garden or danmei room but for yandere?

6. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bunny Killers! (dang I can't remember the name of the movie right now, I just remember when I had seen it as a kid it made me shy away from women for a bit lol) Edit it just popped in to my head the movie was Fatal Attraction with old Glenn Close (you younger readers may remember her as the boss cop/ plant president in Guardians of the Galaxy)

7. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere Shrine Closet

Danmei_Empress and lighterxx like this.
  8. Yimfor

Yimfor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because not everyone understands the greatness of the yan.

9. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an old movie about a guy who has an affair, and the woman ends up terrorizing his family. Does shit like boil the pet rabbit.

And there's that Stephen king novel where a lady kidnaps an author and like breaks his legs so he can't run away.

10. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
  11. foscor70

foscor70 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually found its book version but the point of view is that of the girl. Thx anyway tho!

Geor likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Because boys are lazy unlike girls.
    I think Yandere stories are more popular than people think especially if you read female targeted romance books

Vampire Maiden likes this.
  13. tgb089

tgb089 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a tall order.

Went on Amazon, typed in yandere and there's a story written by a western author; "Kindred: A Yandere Love Story." Has a heavy Japanese influence. And there's "My Psychotic Ghost Girlfriend" on RoyalRoad but has horror elements.

Otherwise, I think you should used a search engine to find psychotic, obsessive girlfriends stories. Whether they be real life experience or fiction.