Picked Up I Know It All! 我什么都懂

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by kkgoh, Oct 31, 2019.

1. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 我什么都懂 ("I Know It All!" ... making this up, figure it translates better than "I Know Everything")
    Raw Link: https://www.uukanshu.com/b/111687/
    NU Link: N/A
    Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Slice-of-Life, Modern Day, Romance? (should be)
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    3rd time has to be the charm (for recommending translations)!

This is one of the many spiritual successors to "I'm Really A Superstar", but without the constant face-smacking and nationalism (so far). So expect all the usual real life plagiarisms, which is to be expected for the genre. It's hilarious, and the plagiarized works fit pretty well, no excessive dumping of every literary work like IRAS. You can tell the author is a passionate audiophile / cinephile. He references very specific works and spends a lot of time/chapters going over it's history to acknowledge the original authors/casts while expounding the development process.

And let's be honest, it's always nice to see awesome works of art -- whether it's movies, stories, songs, poems -- that you've seen in your childhood being venerated. A nice touch of nostalgia. The difference this time is that the chinese author acknowledges/plagiarizes universally great literary works from Japan and Korea too, not random manga like IRAS (which was honestly weird cultural misappropriation).

I've read ahead to Chapter 50 raws. It's early, but I'm calling it.

Translators note
    - Writing is easy to understand, lots of modern day Asian colloquialism and pop-culture.
    - Suggest adding links for the pop-culture references for readers
    - Currently 110 chapters, so it's still pretty new. I get the feeling it'll end up being a marathon like IRAS (1000+ chapters)

Description:
    ----------
    天不生沈欢,千年如黑夜。
      这是一个想要放飞自我的重生者,得到了一个不怎么正经的系统后,有趣的生活故事

"If the heavens don't acknowledge Shen Huan, there will be a thousand years of darkness.
    This is a novel about a transmigrator that desires to achieve complete freedom, receiving an unreliable System to humorous effect."

So the description is really vague and pointless ... had to read the first 2 chapters to figure out what was going on. Maybe this is a better description.

28 yr old MC Shen Huan reincarnates into a different dimension of Earth, set in 2014. He inherits the body of a handsome 16 year old (because which isekai-er doesn't need a facelift?!) while being attached to a wise-cracking System. Follow the protagonist as he makes his way into the top echelons of society!

Yea I know MC's age and the time-travel bit is a little odd. I'm guessing this was a plot device to grant MC some easier cheats. I was worried this might go full-blown loli/pedo but it's avoided that pretty well (so far). MC shows no interest in teenagers, and there's always a running joke that women of all ages love him because of his looks, but he can't do anything till he's 18 (i.e. boy toy) ;)

SPOILER EDIT: Chapter 70 harem flag. Author suddenly mentioned the new world MC is in allows for polygamy ... and it even seems to go both ways (i.e. polyandry). Hence the boy-toy effect for the MC. No idea why. Just came out of left field. You have been warned.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Arash1 and wtfkjp like this.
  2. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with a name like that then you should already know the answer lol, but it kind of sounds interesting as long as the writer doesn't go and jump a shark with stuff that doesn't fit ...

kkgoh likes this.
  3. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn i was about to ask if life is worth it...

Geor and kkgoh like this.
  4. Lekingbailin

Lekingbailin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could pick it up since but will it be alright to use your description?