Spoiler Chinese bl novel 神鉴: monk x cultivator

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sa76, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys,

So i stumbled upon beautiful fanart of this chinese bl novel called
    神鉴. I don't know the English name of this novel cause i can't find it anywhere but if i use Google translator then it's says: ShenJian.

Anyways from what i've seen of the fanart and summary using google translator is that the story is about a monk and a cultivator (?).

The story itself has 180 chapters and was published long time ago, 5 years ago.

Yet i can't find anything about the novel. Anyone who has already read the novel, can y'all give us some spoilers?

Like who's the mc and ml, when did they fall in love, who are the important side characters, what's the story about, Happy ending or not?

And most importantly: any detailed smut/intimate scenes?

Link to the story:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2010296

Thank you!!!

2. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation of the summary using Google translation:
    Xue Shouhuai's "Poetry Appreciation Daquan" crosses the realm of cultivation and studies the new play of poetry!

Summer is coming, is it hot? "Before the bed, the moonlight is suspected to be frost on the ground."
    The whole family is holding a scorpion and the summer is cold and stupid.

Encounter Tuen Mun Tu Cai Cai? "Five horses, thousands of gold, and children will be out for wine!"
    Da Tuhao cried a face with his second pot, bought by his own bear child.

Being chased by masters all night long? "The teacher didn't die before he died, and the hero made his tears full."
    "Extra! The mainland's first master Heng Heng Yi Hong Yuan! 》

[People: Like, the man is a good poem! 】

Create a illusion with poetry and artistic conception, and use the poetry and literary eye as the sword!
    Strong my big China, a poem to travel all over the world! Take care of your fairy buddha, a sour poem, all pass!

lazuuli and morticia_addams like this.
  3. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the English name of this novel: it's called Pinsen ( the self adress of a monk)

4. kahokyu

kahokyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read this, but here's a slightly more readable summary.

“Xue zha” (slang for a bad student) carrying book "Complete Collection of Poetry and Lyrics Appreciation" transmigrates to xiu zhen (another name for xian xia) world, researched a new method of playing with poetry and lyrics!

Summer is here, and it's so hot you can't stand it?
    (These are all quote from famous poems, I grabbed translations from Google search since translating poetry= :blobdizzy:)
    "Bright moonlight before my bed; I suppose it is frost on the ground."
    The whole family clutches at their winter coats; in the hot summer weather, they are frozen stupid.

When meeting a bullying nouveau riche?
    "Dapple equines, Gold fur that shines. Call our son to pawn them, buy wine, buy more."
    Nouveau riche clutches at the wine he bought using his child, crying a face of blood.

Have a bounty be put on your head?
    "Sacrifice before achieving triumph when setting off always makes heroes sorrowful with tears afterward since antiquity."
    Newspaper extra! The continent's strongest master meets sudden death in brothel!

Common masses: Like! MC recites such great poetry!

Using poetry setting as inspiration for illusions, using lyrics/words as sword!

Strengthened under my great China (??), one book of poetry is all I need to travel the world. Who cares if you're a diety or demon, with one poem, everyone dies!

CP: vicious and merciless b*tch shou x the type of gong author really likes:blobawkward:

MC = Tang Shi

No idea who ML is, there's a bunch of supporting cast names but not specified.

mereumsama, blues86, lazuuli and 2 others like this.
  5. kahokyu

kahokyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess if MC is the cultivator, then ML would be the monk. If we assume the first name from supporting cast is ML, his name is Shi Fei (literally means "right or wrong"). Which kinda does sound like it could be Buddhist monk name.

Edit: I search fan forum, ML is Shi Fei.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  6. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kahokyu Thank you for the better summary and info. This novel really sparked my interest with the beautiful fanart and ofcourse the fact that one of the main characters is a monk and thus bald. I really want to see where the story is going and what it's about. Maybe some other fonts will later chime in.

7. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay , so I searched up this novel as the fanert really lured me in and saw some comment saying that this novel is actually very abusive and angsty kind? And that MC actually goes NPsometimes . Also it seems from their comment that the ML is a white moonlight . Though some say its still a good novel just very angsty and has a happy ending 1v1.
    So now i would like confirm if its really true ? Cuz then I would have to think twice before jumping into this pit .

8. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is ML the white moonlight, or does ML have a white moonlight?