Request Any sad song will make it

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! I love Chopin too!! Too bad he only wrote for the piano. I would've loved to play a violin concerto or something by Chopin.

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    You likely won't understand what's sad about the song, so read the translation while listening to it. The songs use both Japanese and Hymmnos. The album is called Hymmnos Chronicles: Melodies of The Songstresses Who Loved The World The Most.

Even if you didn't know they were betrayed and died in the end, the song itself should still make you cry.

And if you like the album, buy it

3. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Classical music appreciation! Yeah!

I think Debussy is one of my top favorites. Especially The Girl with the Flaxen Hair. So beautiful. It’s like I just want to live in that piece or something...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link

5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    It's.called.a..PIECE!!

Also, if you're talking about Debussy, have you heard Clair de Lune? It's by far the most famous piece by Debussy so you must've heard it. But if you haven't, I recommend it.

6. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to look up the difference. I’m surprised it’s not something I already knew. What have I been learning all these years? :hmm:

Yep! Thanks for the rec though!

7. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to understand the difference, just be careful not to call it a song in front of a classical musician. Their impression of you will immediately diminish without you even realizing how much you messed up.
    Like, you'll probably see a "[Walter] will remember that." message pop up on the corner of your eye like in tell-tale games if you do. lol

If you wanna learn a few more must know things about classical music, one big thing is that you NEVER clap between movements. If you don't know when a movement ends in a piece, wait a few seconds before clapping or just don't clap at all, that's better. (But it's painful to keep silent after a performance, so you probably won't be able to.)

And, it goes without saying that NO SOUND at all during the performance. It's not a rock performance where you make the most noise possible as the audience. Classical music is about the subtlety. We're basically playing the same pieces that were written hundreds of years ago, that has been played and heard by millions throughout the generations. The interpretations, phrasing, and all those subtle points make each performance so different and special...make sure you don't interrupt any of that. (Also, it's distracting to the performer. Classical music is played with all your focus, not played while having fun, so it's much easier for distractions to ruin your concentration...specially in an otherwise quiet hall with lots of reverb.)

Also, one more thing. Viola...I'll just tell you that it's better if you stay away from any conversation concerning that. I fear someone like you who's not in the know might end up saying something unnecessary and end up being ridiculed. You don't need to stand up for it or join in, just...stay away. That'd be best for you till you become a classical musician and perform in an orchestra or quartet. Some things might look bad on paper, but the reality is far from it. (Kinda like communism but vice versa if you think about it. lol...though those two have nothing in common.)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    WhitesRabbit48 likes this.
  8. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I feel like those pop ups would come in handy in rl...

I grew up playing classical piano and have attended a number of classical concerts; that’s the main reason I was surprised that I had never been corrected or taught the difference. I wonder how many impressions I’ve ruined over the years. Ugh. :facepalm: Future and present me fully express our thanks.

Now I’m curious... Viola?

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  9. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link

& a bit overplayed, but Porter Robinson 's "shelter"

10. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FFX had some nice music if you want to send your self spiraling into depression...
    So does Madoka...