Anyone excieted for this game?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Megatron, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem for me is that I like how POE/GD/D3 plays, especially the builds and customization, but I hate the dark/gritty theme. I played Torchlight 2 before too but it wasn't as fun. I wish they had this type of game without the medieval dark demon theme.

Delirious likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Diablo 4 is looking nice, but it's too early to really say anything.

Overwatch 2, on the other hand, is looking like an expansion on the base game being packaged as a standalone game of its own -- with complete carry-over of progress and even crossplay between the two "individual games"... which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, until you realize they're the same game. I think this particular scam might be an industry first. Other developers have released expansions as stand-alone games, but even to the point of having matchmaking between them? That's too blunt.

Nothing to say about anything else so far. Hoping for a Reforged release date.

.... Oh, and I'm immensely disappointed that, so far, the news is only reporting like 30 protestors, and those only outside. I expected a lot better after the shitty year Blizzard has had. Diablo Immortal, record profits followed by 800 layoffs, canceled games, and, of course, the Hong Kong scandal. But Kotaku speculated that shiny game announcements this year would sweep all that under the rug... and I felt like it was unlikely people paying to attend blizzcon would risk their attendance by making any kind of scene. Seems so.

juniorjawz, Delirious and Astaroth like this.
  3. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Grim Dawn fan too. Never got into any of the Diablos.

Delirious likes this.
  4. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that made me want to go read hail the king

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 30 people? Was Blizzard banning any Winnie shirts, mask , costumes?

Wow shadowland finally moved the plot forward but some youtuber has commented wow is a dead game, complaints didn't go down because Blizzard fixed the game, it's that there's no one left to give feedbacks, all those remains are cosmetic collectors who don't care for the gameplay.

6. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a mobile game, those trailers look good. not exciting thou, because the trailers give no answer to this complicated question: "what is there to be hyped for?"

7. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, you probably would feel that they tried to milk it even more if they all of a sudden came out with SC3 or WC4 (debatable if there's actually any serious engine improvements since the previous releases, hence it might not be that different other than plot and the units).

That also being said, it's probably quite difficult to come up with some entirely new ip based on similarity to WC or SC's gameplay , and then think of the nightmare of balancing the units etc.

Then realize that any major game corporation mainly based in the US ( officially based in a taxhaven) pretty much gives a crap damn's of worth to making something entirely new, and instead focusing solely on releasing newer versions of older games, sequels and other things.

Frankly, excessive capitalistic greed is what's killing the AAA game industry, and something should be done about it.

Additionally, @simak @Akemua and others were talking about Diablo replacements. I used to play Grim Dawn before, think I got a char to lvl 30-40 with extremely HP & damage based playstyle (hp drain, hp automatic regeneration , hp periodical regeneration, hp skills etc.) but then just stopped. I've also gotten path of exile at some time (steam sale probably), but never played it.

However, I would recommend Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2 (played 1, but 2 is probably somewhat similar) as well as Tyranny to you as well. They both have a lot of choices, both major and minor, which will influence your playthrough in various ways, Tyranny even starts out with several starting scenarios based on how you answer questions with no actual knowledge of the end results or actual information on the people involved.

Though if you want something older, could try Dungeon Siege 1 or 2. DS1 is probably as ... well, let's just say things have changed then.
    'Running out of inventory space ? Modern games will allow you to teleport . DS1 allows you to buy donkeys with a shit ton of inventory space as party members'. Also has a movie for some reason. Dungeon Siege 2 is a bit more modern than that, as for one you can TELEPORT. As for two, you literally change sides after the prologue.

There's also a Dungeon SIege 3, but I haven't played through even half of it, so I can't give an accurate comparison.

thepope likes this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't fap to double D-iablo tiddies?

9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    your dao of fapping got so hight to the point your sentence doesn't make any sense anymore......your time to ascend to ED is coming soon.....:blobhyperthink:

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are crpgs, not arpgs. They have completely different gameplay to Diablo, Grim Dawn and Path of Exile. They're good games (though perhaps not even the best examples of the crpg genre) but might not be what a Diablo fan is looking for.

Other options for Diablo-style games are Titan Quest, Van Helsing and Shadows: Awakening. Among others, I'd imagine.

Diablo fans could also look to the Borderlands series for a loot shooter.
    Think all of Diablo's looting glory in a shooter format. With great humor.

elengee likes this.
  11. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I've played Borderlands 2 and the Pre-sequel and I think a better looter shooter that resembles Diablo would be Destiny 2. They recently made it free and it has a ton of gear and quests. Once you get to a high enough level the game is still challenging and rewarding, but the BL2 end game feels like a never-ending grind to me.
    -This message was Sponsored by Bungie

Westeller likes this.
  12. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah they be wearing Winnie the Pooh costume like a boss around there.
    20191102_111513.jpg
    10/10

Sordahon likes this.
  13. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah on most. Blizz killed some of the keypoints why I enjoyed there games.
    The no for noninternet conected multiplayer killed it for me if it come up to SC2, i do not like to use hacks on oficial games that i buy only to play some games with people i know. It is a restriction and i doubt it will come back.
    Beside the possibility for key-ban for doing so or reinstalation after each lan it is a poor product for my use so i do not buy it.
    For D3 i saw no real reson why it should be D3 at that time there were some mmorpg that cost less if not free account...
    If you ask why mmorpg and not only "o-"rpg at the time as D2 came up it was reasonable to be it rpg-like without bigger world etc the hardware could not do it at that time but as D3 came out it had no reason not to make it as mmorpg it is a online only play mode ...

14. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped D3 and I won't get D4. Blizzard and a lot of triple A developers are on my shit list. It's reached the point where I would rather wait a couple weeks, months or years to pick up their games at a steep discount than rush to buy them.

Besides that I've always felt that Diablo 2 ended things nicely and that they should have done a WC-WOW genre shift following it up. Going from a horror-RPG to a survival/strategy game where you are trying to rebuild the world after the threat of diablo and his brothers are gone against a backdrop of even more frenzied/crazed undead and demons and new threats emerging following the shattering of the worldstone. World of Warcraft for Warcraft, Sanctuary for Diablo. Or a prequel with a similar format and art to D2. I don't even like to look at D3, it's like Mickey Mouse vomitted all over the franchise.

That being said I think that people who get D4 are going to get some good and some bad. As much of the bad practices as Blizzard thinks they can get away with stuffing in their. The good will mostly be because tonally I expect it to be much more similar to D2 than D4 because someone took their head out of their ass and realized that a horror themed game shouldn't look like a cartoon.

15. Pyrtzii

Pyrtzii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, i'm excited for D4.. But i guess we have long time to wait for it release, after all it was dev of the game that said "Not coming out anytime soon" and it's Blizzard.. Sooo, i guess it's the same 4 years that Diablo 3 took after it was announced?