Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: It's really the end...

I just HAD TO REWATCH the last 30 minutes and digest what happened...

Suffice to say, I agree with you, this is a much better concert that yesterday's, despite not having funny moments.

EDIT: Just had to drop this here:
    Baby Sizhui and the juniors, please don't cry !!!
    Song Jiyang looks absolutely gorgeous !!!

Yibo and Xiao Zhan sang very well... both they and the audience really enjoyed the songs.

EDIT:
    Bu Wang - what's with Yibo's clothes this time.. oversized furry sweater? Good performance though.. kudos !!

Qu Jin Chen Qing - it sounds like Xiao Zhan's throat is better, and he's hitting some high notes, thank you thank you thank you!!! I notice he keeps staring downwards, probably to read the lyrics (as compared to Yibo..).. probably an indication that he didn't manage to practice enough before the concert. My bby Zhan Ge, you did well. Also, your change of clothes is :blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk: Now you look like a rockstar!

Wu Ji - OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN THIS IS THE END. Yibo rises up to the stage again, as always. AND WHAT IS HE WEARING THIS TIME!!! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd: Truly gorgeous, and the hat plus big white rose makes him look almost too pretty. Zhan Ge made a small mistake at the end, which is the same as the first Fanmeet (it's Zhan Ge's trademark mistake!!!:aww:)... but they both smile and still laugh together... :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

The ending though.. wow, I am s.p.e.e.c.h.l.e.s.s... that was an incredible way to end the concert, the series, the whole Chen Qing Ling / Untamed story... :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand: To have each character, each family / sect, say their goodbyes in such a short but very grand way...

Thank you A-Ling, I will never forget all the wonderful summer memories, and how you've brought the MDZS characters to life in such a beautiful way!!!

p.s. In the end, Wei Wuxian is still a Yunmeng Jiang, but he bid his farewall by walking away together with Lan Wang Ji, under the Chen Qing Ling lantern... ah... my mind is blown just thinking about what it means...

p.s 2) I really REALLY REALLY love how Yibo and Xiao Zhan said their goodbyes, it's so befitting their characters... Lan Wang Ji being serious and unaffected (ok, maybe he was holding back tears too) is just SO LIKE him... and Wei Wuxian getting emotional, tearing up and yet braving to say those last final words with a shaky voice... and to have Wang Ji say his goodbye first, then finally Wei Wuxian being the finale of all finales (because CQL Untamed started with WWX and ends with WWX on and off-screen)...

WOW. wow. wow. I can't even find an emoji to describe how I'm feeling right now.

just.

wow.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    YaoiMom22 and Christina Gordon like this.
  2. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i noticed that one today..

where to watch complete episode of day 1 and day 2?

3. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    You can find full day 1 in youtube - search for "the untamed" or similar, and set your filter by duration (Long >20 mins) and sort by "upload date". There's one video that's 1hr 14mins long. All fancams.

I'm waiting for the day 2's livestream to be downloadable... unless someone generously ups WeTV's version when it's out.

I'm still trawling twitter for goodies, it's becoming a sleepless nightmare for me, because there's like millions of tweets...

I can't move on from CQL Untamed. I.. I just can't. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

4. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i know!
    it is such a b'ful drama..

i just hope people express the thanks to MXTX too.. or atleast these concerts should have..
    Now, i just want live action for HoB

this drama would probably b the longest obsession for me .. the max was probably a week for thai drama sawan biang and equal for Ashes of love... and then there was answer me 1988, but that was different type of craze - that drama just make me feel good in a nostalgic way

Christina Gordon likes this.
  5. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES!! Thank you both for pointing this out.

I cannot express how much I can't stand what they make them wear. For heavens sake, I do not get China's fashion..

You were right on about 80's 90's looking cothes. Yibo in that tweed coat is something my grandma would have work in the 70's.

Then there are those floral shirts and padded blazer jackets. It feels like Miami vice. What the hell was that sailor costume Xian had on and putting Yibo in a Ronald McDonald outfit.

I also think that when they do put them in something somewhat decent, suites to be exact, the fit is all wrong. It's too boxy and baggy instead of a line and form fitting.

I give up, I tell you. I give up!!!

I don't how Xian did it. I've had severe tonsillitis before and I could barely swallow or get out of bed let alone sing!!!!

Also, I cannot move on either. All this hype for the concert and new info has me ahead to go for bringing the untamed again. They're goes my weekend. I'm going in. See y'all on the other side....maybe hehe.

Christina Gordon likes this.
  6. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm awfully exhausted.. 2.30am and I didn't get good sleep last night coz, you know, THE GRANDEST FAREWELL and all that... :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

Managed to get a 2.83 gb media gallery pack off twitter which is said to contain most if not all high-quality pics from day 1, which I think are mostly Xiao Zhan's (search twitter #TheUntamedConcertInNanjing and mega.nz ... you'll find it). Thank you to the poster and photographers who compiled and shared such lovely goodies !!! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

The aftermath... day 1 = 1.3 gb of stuff, day 2 = 500mb+ of stuff coz actually there's not much of XZ, WYB and of both together, which are my primary targets for collection. Tons more are coming up in youtube, and I think I've collected more than 4 gbs so far of videos from both days. Thank you for the last supper, it is very fulfilling though also very bittersweet, A-ling! :cookie::cookie::cookie::blobupset::blobupset::blobupset:

I just wanted to point out the most emotionally heart-breaking but also bittersweet things I found by the end of day 2:

• How Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo bid farewell to their characters and the MDZS world (and to us fans) on stage, in the manner that exactly echoes WWX and LWJ... It really felt like WWX and LWJ saying goodbyes from their universes before the door finally close, and I WAS SOBBING SO HARD then my Mom came to ask what was the fuss about, and I said CHEN QING LING HAS ENDED OH GOD THEY SAID THEIR FAREWELLS and my Mom just tsk tsk because it's just a tv show and I was like HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT COZ IT'S WEI YING AND LAN ZHAN AND XIAO ZHAN AND WANG YIBO'S FINAL MOMENT WITH ME which got my mom confused coz she couldn't tell who's who and she's not a MDZS/CQL fan anyway so she can't understand the pain of separation and withdrawal... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
      tldr: I've tried my best to show my mom about CQL Untamed, which did catch her interest for a while, and she's introduced to the crazy (but beautiful) world of beautiful men and bromantic/bl themes in c-dramas, but she's moved on, and I'm still stuck in this time warp of summer 2019... :blobtired::blobtired::blobtired:
    • The last 4 words of the concert. At first I didn't really catch it and my chinese isn't good. Then I thought it resembled those 4 words that CQL Untamed played at the very end of eps 50... but one of the word is different (you know, the "wu" of WWX which also coincidentally has a meaning... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:). "We will never meet in the future"...!!! :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

But I guess that is correct, because the concert is THE END of Untamed, at least from the production team, cast members and for everyone involved...
    • The cast members also put up short farewell messages in their weibo accounts.

I loved how Xiao Zhan continues to stay positive, just like Wei Wuxian, and wishes everyone for a better future. I wanna hug him and tell him THANK YOU for keeping us fangirls alive with your forward-looking-ness...

Yibo's a real heart-breaker, but it's grounded on reality as well (like Lan Wang Ji).. coz I know the first 2 phrases, which also appeared at the end of eps 50 that speaks of mountains and rivers, I think.. but the last phrase.. OH MY GOD THE SUFFERING I'M IN TEARS HOW COULD YOU *CRIIIIES* :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
      "Lan Wang Ji, removes his make-up"... essentially, Yibo has returned his LWJ character to the MDZS universe... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

7. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By Answer me 1988, do you mean Korean Drama Reply 1988?? Gosh.. I was crazy in love with that drama!!!! What a gem ! I purely watched it for BoGum, and I fell in love with each and every character and their family! And had a few crazy days of Ramyun eating and even tried to make Kimchi at home lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think Untamed is a good example of how a BL drama should be done within all the constraints of censorship and still be successful. I hope HOB if ever gets done, follows if not the same, but a similar path.

8. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol.. HOB, original content itself doesn't have anything disagreeable to begin with.. was done keeping constraints in mind..
    but i am waiting to see if casting can strike gold twice.. and if they succeed then i am more curious to know who those two amazing people are who resemble XL's pristine character who is feminine in every way and yet not at all feminine and who resembles Sang Lan - the fierceness and the single minded devotion

9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    It is sunny right now, but I can't quite feel the joy of waking up on such a beautiful Sunday morning... I couldn't sleep well, I kept re-playing the last 30 mins of the concert last night in my dreams, my mind's fuzzy, my heart feels numb, my appetite is lacking, I still went for a brisk jog at dawn to clear my head but I couldn't really concentrate on my surroundings, even nearly tripped when going downhill... :blobdead:

I don't think I can ever "move on" from CQL Untamed :blobsob:... so I will gladly, and with an open heart, accept it as part of my journey in life. :blob_patpat:

To respond to A-ling's final post: yes I will definitely think about you from time to time, you will never be forgotten! :blobbunny:

After all, I have nearly 100 gbs of stuff including the whole live drama series (including the related MDZS donghua, audio drama etc.), all the BTS'es, all the wonderful pictures, clips, fancams, fanmeets, concerts, interviews, fan-reactions, memes, stuff from all sorts of social media platforms including twitter, tumblr, weibo, discord etc. and and probably bit of everything else in the CQL Untamed universe was ever created and shared on the internet.. to remember you by! :blobsalute: And thanks to you, I'm so proud to have been a bjyx shipper, a XZ fangirl and introduced to the incredible world of Chinese BL and C-dramas, in these last few months... you and everyone else rock my world!!! :blobokhand:

3 months here in this forum, nearly 4 months in the CQL Untamed fandom, and I guess about 2-3 years of getting to know MDZS in general... I think this should be the end of the line for me. I shall go back to my lurking mode, and hopefully post a bit from time to time (still working on my fic, I can't let go of my head canon of a domesitically blissful Wangxian post-ending :blobparty:).. I made so many like-minded and really good friends here - thank you to everyone for your kindness, generosity, knowledge-sharing, discussions and really awesome fan support :blobicecreamlove::blob_pompom::blobicecreamlove: !!!

:aww: NovelUpdates forum member, fangirl79... takes her leave... 告辞 ! :aww:

后会有期 !

[​IMG]

10. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did they wear character costumes or not? weren;t they supposed to wear it today atleast once?

why leave :( this forum dies now? @fangirl79

11. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is day 2 up on youtube? where?

12. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't wear character costumes, unfortunately.. if anything, Wangxian looked like a (disaster) fashion show on the runway :blobjoy: There's still plenty of Untamed clips playing on the screens next to the stage, so you can still have a last look at the characters from the live action.

Here's the full day 2, on youtube:

I'm starting to clean-up stuff from my harddisk, and catching up on weeks' worth of real-life stuff that I've been putting off due to CQL Untamed. Time to get back to real life... :blobcry:

13. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'all... what end? There's like three more movies coming. I've seen so many posts actually mourning this series, what is happening.

Anyway, check this one out. The edit is so awesome.

14. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    setsuna3025 and Christina Gordon like this.
  15. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here:

English subs should be out on WeTV soon. But have to pay an additional 5 dollars to rent it, on top of being a VIP. For non-VIP, its 8 dollars. The rental video will be available for 93 days.

16. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you..
    but bummer.. i thought they were to wear the costume for one last time

Retrospectively , isn't the fact that yibo is young which made all of this so extra special..

So drama is amazing, any good cast and sincerity of production unit would have made this drama special. But, what really transcended its awesomeness is the lead pair's chemistry off screen, providing fodder to our imaginations

i haven't watched guardian.. but i can't imagine two older people interacting the same way..
    the fact that yibo is young and XZ is older, and the kind of person each is, the whole dynamics was not put under scrutiny and backlash by the audience.

Yibo being in awe of an older brother and showing it, joking around etc was not judged.. I can't imagine this had it been two older actors or someone of same age as XZ

17. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what are the other two? assuming one of three is yubin and shizui movie

18. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.. and yes costumes are bad, but atleast XZ is looking cute today, yest was really bad

Yibo in suit is gorgeous.. but the last jumpsuit thingy was horrendous

and lol on screen characters.. i can always stream the drama to see those characters in costume.. h aha.. but i can see how it would have been difficult for cast to change clothes if they went with that idea..

They completely boycotted Wen Qing from all promotion, isn't it? that is bad.
    And why was Xue Yang there, he didn't do anything, right? the boy is so shy

somebody just start filming HOB/TGCF fast

(PS: i am excited about yibo's next drama.. too much prettiness.. not so excited about the done to death doctor genre)

19. Lucasta MeiMei

Lucasta MeiMei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another is Fatal Journey with the Nie brothers and Jin GuangYao.

The third one, I'm not sure. I think there were rumours about existing though, but that's all.

Edit: someone said that it will be four or five movies in total. But they are not confirmed yet.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  20. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha so true! I liked Yibo in first suit, but Zhan Ge in Gucci sailor suit was a bit too much! But at least he wasn't too tired as Day 1, and had a smile on his face.

Unfortunately the actress playing Wen Qing received a lot of backlash even before the series aired. There were rumors about her paying producers to get her role extended. Plus there were additional footages (Xuanwu Cave) / script leaks that had hinted on a romantic relationship with WWX. A lot of her parts were later cut or had to be re-shot. Understandably, producers didnt want her anywhere near the promotions.

Not sure about Xue Yang.. but he was in the roadshow promotions with the rest of the supporting cast. He was in the first China fanmeet as well.

I totally agree!!! Had there been actors of a similar age, I would expect there to be ego clashes among other things, specially because both Lan wangji and WeiYing are both leads. But Yibo is such a cutie pie and always is in awe of his Zhan-Ge. I would watch them tease each other whole day and not get bored.:) I feel Yibo has a very honest personality and is protective of his friends. In Shanghai meet, he jumped at his Ge's defence when asked with the awkward 'waist' question. In Nanjing meet, he supported him throughout; & I believe he lost the scooter game on purpose :D:D

Regarding Guardian, Baiyu is quite a fun loving type but I find Long Ge to be a bit muted in interviews. They did seem to get along ok:) though not on the same level as Bodi / ZhanGe. Just to add, BaiYu and Long Ge are very well respected actors atm. Their chemistry in Guardian was absolutely sizzling :X3::X3::X3:

There has been numerous cases where BL adaptation actors end up never appearing beside each other publicly after their shows end. Most likely cause of this would be probably to avoid getting stereotyped. I do hope it doesn't happen to our Didi/Gege.