Recommendations I'm looking for a good story, preferably BL, but everything is accepted

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Rio-mouse, Nov 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rio-mouse

Rio-mouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I am in a losing streak when choosing stories, I hope I have not read everything good, I look for stories with adventure, I like stories like "A Guide to Raising Your Natural Enemy", "dwarf in the future", "number one zombie wife", "stone age husband raising journal", "I have medicine", "there's a beauty" and "one useless rebirth". They are not all but they are a good reference.
    The question is that, recently (this week) I wanted to read but what I found I did not like to the point of 3 failed stories in a row, which makes me very sad. I didn't like "I heard that my fiance is super fierce", "lessons on raising partner" and I don't know if I wasn't in the mood for "bestial blade", so I turn to you to find something good to get me out of this horrible situation.
    I didn't like stories like "film emperor adorable wife from ancient times", "Reborn into hamster for 233 days", "Rebirth of MC" and I'm not currently for stories like "yin yang eye gungun's marriage contract".
    I can read everything, but I don't like stories with princesses that need to be rescued (if MCs can be rescued but they must do their part), I can't read of toxic relationships (unless they are justified with a history of means that everything changes my perspective), and I can't tolerate stupid protagonists, it's one thing to be ignorant of something or innocent and another is to be naive and jump into enemy traps.
    I want to enrich my readings by taking advantage of the post, so I await your recommendations, if you have no idea I also read other genres and I would not mind reading a good story like "Chronicles of Primordial Wars".

2. blues86

blues86 [Pickle's numba wan follower]

Reading List:
    Link
    How about quick transmigration? This is my favorite, Don't pick up boyfriends from trash bin

3. Rio-mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    This "There's a beauty", is of this genre and is very good, there is one that I love that is "Game Loading", I am not interested in the "quickly use the face of the devil", it does not attract my attention, and I read several but none so memorable like "Game Loading", but it's not finished.
    The one that you recommend me I have contemplated but I don't want to hate her, I have something that makes me hate the whole novel when there is a stupid recurring character, is there none like that here?
    It sounds great, but I don't want a bad fourth.
    In addition there is the issue of rape, is it something very recurrent ?, It is not a good argument to start a relationship and I worry that here it is

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  4. blues86

blues86 [Pickle's numba wan follower]

Reading List:
    Link
    There is rape, but it's not happen to the MC. The thing is in this novel the author want to talk about these toxic relatioship and how to face it. I like how in every arc the MC beats the slag gong and free the the host from the toxic relationship.
    I also love the relationship between MC and ML. The ML is not the typical overbearing, but really care about MC. The ML is far from the ML in quickly face the devil. I would say it is the opposite. Most of their interactive is only platonic. But you can feel they care for each other. Just give it a try, you may like it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Rio-mouse likes this.
  5. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be a long stretch, but have a look through farming or apocalyptic novels, or just novels that delve into the politics/lifestyle ancient/medieval eras. The writing styles you listed as "liked" usually come from those tags.

I'd love to help more but I've been reading straight from RAWs and none of my favorites in these genres are being translated.

6. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of a Movie Star
    In his previous life Bai Lang was a small star. He rejected his boss and stupidly engaged in a relationship which he thought was true love.

He didn’t expect that he would get betrayed, die of a heart attack and trouble his boss to accompany him on his last journey.

After his rebirth, he decided to give up on true love. As for his boss… since he wants something then just let him have it ba.

So this little star after his rebirth collected his boss, and then it became a true love story with his boss.

In between there are good friends/love rivals/scum men in the mix. A sweet story with a happy ending.

Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan
    In short, this is the tragic tale of a saint-like man who transmigrated into a web novel as a mob character and wanted to rehabilitate the villain, only to realize in the end, he became more and more villainous.

The ludicrous story:

Unable to bear hurting the villain he helped raise, but when it came to compensating with his own body, the unfortunate, straight male reader figured he’d better escape… …

Many years later, the same unfortunate saint rubbed his neck, asking, “This is a dog collar you put on me, isn’t it?”

The handsome villainous boss gave a glance with his elegant, almond-shaped eyes, and then replied with a devious, charming smile, “That’s to prevent you from running away again.”

“If I stay put, will you refrain from destroying the world?”

The Daily Task of Preventing My Disciple from Turning to the Dark Side
    As the number one pill alchemist of the immortal world, Mu Chen had always believed that it was because he had single-mindedly focused on concocting pills that led to him to neglect disciplining his disciple. Which in turn, caused his disciple to be led astray by the seduction of devil cultivation, leading to the three realms to fall to disaster. After his rebirth, Mu Chen resolved to properly teach his disciple, give him the very best resources, earnestly love him, carry him close to his heart, teach him by way of example, and didn’t let him grow corrupt.

Sure enough, his disciple became more and more “intimate”. Every day his disciple even crawled into his bed, rubbing against his chest and clinging to his thigh. It was just that his expression isn’t exactly quite right…

Card Room
    Xiao Lou was killed in an accident and reborn in the Card World.

Each card here represents a secret room and clearing the instance will give a reward. Xiao Lou draws a card and thinks he could draw all types of equipment and weapons. As a result: Su Shi, Li Bai, Tao Yuanming… character cards keep coming one after another.

Xiao Lou, “???”

What was this escape game? What type of ghost made him keep drawing character cards?

Ghosts Know What I Experienced
    Ever since he was little, Xi Jia’s yin energy was strong, and every day he saw ghosts and ran into ghosts. One day, he accidentally broke the protection amulet. Celestial Master Ye Jingzhi happened to pass by and helped. Are ghost catching Celestial Masters all legit masters? WeChat official accounts, Taobao online shops, looking at gossip tabloids every day. Since then, Xi Jia has refreshed the lower limit again and again, and met a group of completely unreliable Celestial Masters. Binding spirits, doppelgängers, the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, the ghost market of Poyang… The door to a new world is slowly opening.

Set in an urban city with supernatural elements, this is a love story between Xi Jia, who has a body of extreme yin, and Celestial Master Ye Jingzhi, nicknamed the King of Hell. The seemingly weak Xi Jia, in actuality, can rip apart ghosts with bare hands; the seemingly cold Ye Jingzhi, in actuality, is shy and gentle. A marriage contract binds the fate of two people together. See how the two people overturn the heavens in the gossipy and wacky metaphysical world.

I have added description of each novel see if its up to your taste.
    More at
    https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/2557/?st=1&pg=1

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can look to my list of strong uke/shou and mc gong
    https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/2395/
    Strong uke/shou for me is the one that doesnt need help from the gong/seme, and sometimes for this type mc, the ml is not too dominant/possessive in nature.
    But, usually almost all interesting one havent gotten completely translated XD

Rio-mouse likes this.
  8. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Brushing Face At The Apocalypse’s Boss For 363 Days
    A Smile from the Villain
    Breaking Through the Clouds
    Card Room
    Dangerous Survival in the Apocalypse
    Don’t Pick Up Boyfriends From the Trash Bin
    Epiphanies of Rebirth
    Heaven Official’s Blessing
    I Have Medicine
    I Just Want to Be in a Relationship
    If You Are Not Red, You Must Inherit the Family
    Kaleidoscope of Death
    Lie Huo Jiao Chou
    Master of Trading Star Card Game
    Mr. Dior
    Part-Time Taoist Priest
    Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage
    Silent Reading
    Superstar Aspirations
    The Earth is Online
    The Villain Has Something to Say
    Those Years In Quest Of Honour Mine
    The Founder of Diabolism
    The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love
    Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan
    The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil
    Quick Transmigration: I’m Almost Dead
    The Perfect Destiny
    Heroic Death System

Rio-mouse likes this.
  9. SmallBookworm

SmallBookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd also suggest looking at Scribblehub. They're original stories, so the quality is very different depending on how used the author is to writing, but it does have some unusual/interesting stories

10. Asada24

Asada24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Rio-mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like a Japanese recurrence, but it won't be bad to contemplate it when I get tired of my usual readings, thanks

Asada24 likes this.
  12. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Rio-mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like your initial argument, I can accept an unfair death for intrigues, but not for something so stupid, in that case I would prefer a stupid death like electrocuted with a keyboard.
    The beginning ruined my story

14. Asada24

Asada24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a good story. You will like it most probably.

15. Timtam

Timtam Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil is a classic, you'll definitley enjoy it.
    The MC is cunning, and the one to disecretly lay out traps to face slap (typically) the Fl, but he also does it to green tea bitches and in many cases the ML- which is obvious as the book is one of danmei.
    I'd ramble more, but then that'd lead to spoilers and take up alot of reading time you could've spent reading the novel.
    I hope you try it~

16. zarya

zarya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All are BLs. Happy ending.

God level summoner- I adore MC & ML's relationship. They are opponents but support each other. This is about eSports but lots of humour.

I have a secret - Easily one of the best MLs in the game. He loves MC for almost a decade but never forces him + keeps watching him from afar and stays loyal to him. It's fast wear, each world MC has to solve a mystery. Final HE.

Don’t Pick Up Boyfriends from the trash bin - One of the best MC's. He helps his hosts teach scum boyfriends a lesson. MC & ML are really cute.

How to die as heavy as mount tai
    Master of trading star card game
    Seizing Dreams
    Rebirth of a supermodel
    Reborn otakus code of practice for the apocalypse
    The Rich And Honorable ChangAn

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Rio-mouse likes this.