Numbing Rationality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alexander Valdimir, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Alexander Valdimir

Alexander Valdimir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose if you convoluted the title, a better word could've been procrastination yet in a different sense. Naturally in that regards, although similar in idea, the thoughts differs from its own identity. Of those words, the idea of the foundation of procrastination where we ideally and with reality we tend to subconsciously put comfort ahead of many things in life in compromises of the situation 'necessity'.

Of course there's that but I was recently thinking of something else along that line. So the little story of that thought goes happened years ago. So I was in Afghanistan and occasionally was in the midst of a firefight. Bullets flew over my head or blasted around where I was. In one scenario, a stray shot hit one of my mates forehead. (He did survived btw with no injuries.) But even so, In afghanistan, There were so many times where i just simply didn't care, and took off my whole kit. I didn't have a helmet, armor plating, or any protection on my body for that matter.

If a Taliban were to take a well place shot at me, I would've no doubt died or gotten injured at the very least. (Considering that I'm still typing, its safe to say i'm doing pretty well). And that wasn't just me, my whole platoon was doing it as well. Pretty sure the only time when I didn't take it off was when I had to work with the ANA (Their National army), btw a quick note, Those guys drove me mad so many god damn times. They literally are the most undisciplined guys i've ever met, Literally shooting to the sound of gunfire that's you know, two kilometer away without any real idea where the taliban are at. (We Never had enough Ammo.....)(There was a few unit that i did worked with that were awesome but considering that I still can't google their unit, Not going say more than this).

Does anyone know a good reason of this behavior? I certainly know for some of you that this seems crazy but trust me, I still think its normal and at that moment, i couldn't care less. My guess is that the high stress got to me before i even was realizing it and I was making these risky irrational moves, Any Thoughts?

2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  3. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    either you should see a therapist, or got the wrong impression of this forum.

tho it's probably the adrenaline junkies insit you that was speaking through the forces of darkness. or your brain got rewired thinking that all those violence is common occurrence in your daily that you disregard your safety and just accepted it as is.

sorry for the misspelled word, typing with left hand on phone is hard while sitting down on the toilet.

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    this is why you are alive
    US forced to import bullets from Israel as troops use 250,000 for every rebel killed

with each bullet weighting around 4 g you get about 1000kg of metal for every kill
    using the price for copper of 5.5 $ per kg and you waste 5500 thousand per kill just in metal

and with statistics like this you understand why stormtroppers are actually known across the galaxy for they accuracy, at worst they kill 1 in 100 shots

6. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whenever I do irrational things, the only thing I blame was my lack of sleep.