Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_cool::blobowoevil_horns:

Eddy andres likes this.
  2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    possibly the best chapter of the arc.

hillo315 likes this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah van heavy stress make him colapse 1 hour. Heinz considering to present his head. I think it not work since Van want to kill all original participant yhat killed his mother. Selen is guided i guess. Since she scarred by sight if demon king that van use. Damn jenifer mouth , she souldn't say anything that justified Darcia murder, it like confronting assasin that kill your family, and assasin just "it just request kid". It funny how van family and retainer try to humor van though.

4. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, technically that's mild vs Van in his true form, and shown little care for style.

Eddy andres and toxinpsd like this.
  7. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean too much?? Isn't too little?:blobsmirk:

I'm trying my best to censor it, cause my family see me when i draw(ps. I don't have my own room so..)

hillo315, Eddy andres and Nimitz like this.
  8. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "You Missed your Chance Hijiri Rokudo"

Edgar gets very snippy and wants to fight, only for Heinz to talk him down. However he still keeps staring at the Demon King familiar. Interesting.

Anyway, we start with some discussion of Selen. Van is confused why Selen, a complete non-combatant, is coming with Heinz and co into a potential battle situation in the capital, and makes it clear Heinz can't use her as a deterrent against Van trying to kill the 5 Colored Blades if that's his idea. Heinz clarifies that the safest place for Selen is with them given the various politics on the Alda side of things regarding the reconcilliation faction, which Selen is basically a figurehead / mascot for.

Van clarifies the situation with Rokudou, while Heinz reveals that Asagi made contact with him in turn. I find it very amusing that the person Asagi warned Heinz is the most dangerous of all isn't Rokudou by Kanako. :blobsmirk: Van is unsurprisingly confused as hell why Asagi would be so wary of Kanako of all people, who has been basically just singing and dancing for what, a year+ now? Van also makes a note to have a talk with Asagi later about slandering Kanako's reputation, with some suggestion that though he doesn't want to murder Asagi if possible, that option's not exactly off the table. :blobowoevil_horns:

This drop in tension causes an archer the 5-Color Blades hired and is traveling with them to accidentally release an arrow he had pointed at Van, which causes everyone to point their weapons at Van while Heinz says he still wants to talk (screwing it up Heinz, you are screwing it up). Luckily for them Van has his priorities straight and knows Avalon is a much more present threat to his friends and all the people who helped him in Orbaume or are just plain bystanders. Avalon can make a death shockwave that will kill anyone below a D-Class adventurer in a couple hits. Heinz cannot. Still, Van refuses to cooperate with him. "When you see a group of Orcs and Ogres fighting, do you think of allying with one side or the other?" Just like the scorpion and the frog, Van can't trust Heinz at all to not stab him in the back. Van just wants Heinz to stay out of his way till Avalon's dealt with. And afterwards they can go back to killing each other.

After, Selen tries to make an appeal to Van that since she cares about Heinz this somehow undoes... uh, all the pain he's inflicted on Van, some of which happened after Selen was saved. Van readily acknowledges Selen's viewpoint, having similar thoughts on caring for those who have helped him, and coming to see others as family after spending long enough with them, regardless of circumstances. However, since Van subscribes to morality and whatnot as an entirely subjective concept, Heinz being important to Selen isn't a reason at all for Van to not want to kill him. Selen is ultimately a stranger to Van, and has done nothing for Van (Again, none of these ****ing people have done anything but kill his mom twice, kill children of the goddess he's friends with, and try to kill him. Being cute or also a Dhampir is not a show of good faith or an attempt at tangible repentance to the actual person your adoptive family hurt. :blobdevil:) So what if they saved you Selen? Do you know how many mermaids and beast Majin they murdered after they saved you? People cared about them too, but it didn't stop Heinz from killing them. Van's friends with those mermaids. They helped him on the Demon King's Continent. They gave him new skills and allies. He's not friends with you. You've done nothing for him. Why should a stranger's relationships override his friends and allies and family?

Jennifer like an idiot then steps on an increasingly furious Van's bottom line by trying to justify Heinz and co's kidnapping of his mother. She's alive now. It was a request of the Adventurer's Guild. What about the Amid Empire's laws. At which point Van tries to cut off her head and everything goes to hell. Edgar / Guduranis quickly goes into full attack mode. Van does a couple more attacks with tentacles and poison before finally calming down again.

Now we get to a fascinating bit where Van just outright states why he feels no reason he should have to forgive Heinz and co. "Certainly, my mother was resurrected. But I can't see at all why that should equate to forgiving Heinz, or anything like that. Well, perhaps if the Five-Colored Blades had been the ones to resurrect her, I'm not really sure how I'd feel then." also, quick aside here: HE JUST GAVE YOU IDIOTS A POTENTIAL WAY OUT, AND YOU DON'T SEE IT AT ALL! AT ALL! AAAAAH! :blobupset: Anyway, Van apologizes for his little "outburst" of trying to kill Jennifer, and would appreciate if they could just call it even given the arrow and all that. (again, Van ultimately only wants the 3 remaining original Blades dead, not Jennifer)

Edgar meanwhile can't understand why he's so damn angry, trying to justify it as being due to the previous fight and his allies being in danger, when in fact it's just Guduranis still being a temper-tantrum throwing baby. How dare Van use his body to make some sort of joke monster and send it out to be an errand boy! Still, must be patient. Just a little bit longer (till he can eat Avalon I'm sure.)

Finally Heinz decides to ignore Van's warning to stay out of the way, so it's going to turn into a 3 way battle, which will no doubt lead to the revival of Guduranis for real. Good job Heinz! You ruin literally everything.:blobunamused: Oh, also Heinz meant to have a discussion with Van about protecting mankind alongside Vida's new races, and if Van was willing to swear to the gods to uphold the humans/elves/dwarves continuation and protection, he would have offered Van his head. EXCEPT HE DIDN'T. BECAUSE HE HAS TO MAKE SURE AVALON IS DEAD FIRST. **** YOU HEINZ! YOU JUST KEEP MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Don't tell me you don't mean to overestimate yourself. You always attach more importance to yourself than you should! The world as a whole would be so much better if you just stopped. Van wouldn't have any additional variables that would stop him from taking care of Avalon again. Guduranis wouldn't be free wearing Edgar like a sock puppet. Alda's genocide could be taken apart so much easier. You don't even have to die, just go away. Actually learn from Bellwood and stop trying to be the perfect hero of the whole damn world. :blobcat_hyper:

Anyway, everyone tries to cheer Van up with food, blood, posing, muscles and so forth, but Van still passes out from this little encounter seriously exacerbating his PTSD. If only Avalon was paying attention, he could have gotten Van while he was unconscious, but alas he missed his chance. :blob_coffee:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  9. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van's so adorkable in this chapter :blob_patpat:

He was so enraged over Jennifer's suggestion to forgive Heinz that he basically had a white-out (doesn't even remember what happened).

Meanwhile, the author does like going meta over the chapter titles.

So, looks like Van's attempts to avoid a 3-way battle kinda backfired (Heinz more determined to go to the capital than ever).

Korleone, Mesaphrom, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  10. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    If i am assasin i will just kill jennifer mother and said in her face that it just request:blobowoevil::blobowoevil_horns::blobdevil::blobhero:

I felt your killing intent:blobconfused:. Calm down

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
  11. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At lest he is consistent:blobconfused:

12. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Consistent to screwing it up?:blobowoevil:

sirin423 and hillo315 like this.
  13. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup:notlikeblob:

sirin423 and hillo315 like this.
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Van being too nice can only get him so far before the tank is empty, especially dealing with two separate Kouki syndromes.

And itchy on how capital will turn out at this point... Van vs Guduranis, Asagi, Avalon, and Heinz (1v4 match of the ages lol). :blobpopcorn_cool:

Eddy andres likes this.
  15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz and asagi probaly on same side so 3 way of fight.

hillo315 likes this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    If barely, Heinz didn't trust Asagi much on their first meeting. And already said it's basically Van vs everyone, a 3 way is doubtful as they know little about Rokudo or what he has done or capable of.

17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    The part in which Vandeliu says that while he exists, he would crush any possible threat to Darcia, the Asura's Wrath made me think, asura destroying the universe because the creator god of everything made his daughter suffer. On the other hand, what effects will stress have on the other secondary bodies, will we see a kind of blackout on all relatives? Vandel will cover the ears of the children and begin to shout the rudeness that Darcia allows him to say? Will we see changes in origin by the screams of fury God vandeliu that will be heard throughout the world? Or simply all stress was released in the main body?

hillo315 likes this.
  18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if Van have soul core since he is combination of 4 champion, it will be funny if gurdu try to destroy van soul and can't find the core while he try van soul start to eat gurdu

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  19. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine guru as a sponge, a normal soul as a bucket of water and vandeliu as a bucket of acid.

Nakakure and hillo315 like this.
  20. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    A fluoroantimonic acid (super acid), not some lightweight acids lile sulfuric, nitric, hydrochloric acids. :blobowoevil_horns:

Eddy andres likes this.