Recommendations Need recommendations for VERY ADVANCED reader

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sparteh, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    NU says it has been dropped. Sites like LNMTL that its completed. Considering that the last update was over 5 months ago and that there haven't been any news about the novel, I wouldn't have my hopes up. In addition, I heard a rumor that author has started another novel, though I can't confirm it.

@Har D Rai, @Warlock Of The Void, @CarmineCalico, @Astaroth, @Kalto, @Mystifying thoughtsLheart, @Funelas, @BigBadBoi, @earthdrake, @canaria23, @Miri-Bell, @Meloman, @Risa, @Auloah, @Raneday, @Bored_Nick, @OrdinaryUser
    Thanks for recommendations. After reading all of your recommendations and removing stuff I have already read or had absolutely 0 interests or novels on my PTR (Plan To Read) list, remaining list becomes:
    1. Pivot the sky;
    2. Cultivation Chat Group;
    3. Sage Monarch;
    4. The Tale Never Ends;
    5. Ace of the Dragon Division;
    6. Ouroboros Records.
    Honestly, it doesn't look exactly what I have wanted, but thats probably because I have already finished them. It seems there is none "ruthless MC + unique power system/abilities" novels remaining....

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    While I can't really think of any atm, and it's possible that you've already read them all, you never actually even mentioned that in the OP?

If you wanted ruthless MC with unique power system then you should've said that in the requirements...

mir likes this.
  3. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't mentioned it because I have literally checked every single novel with rating 3+ and Ruthless tag.

4. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is a wonderful novel (easily one of the best I ever read) however it's been on hiatus since 2 months ago.

5. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude I don't believe you have read heart of one piece or fantasy world transmigration , fantasy world transmigration literally have the most ruthless dude of all times , leylin and fang yuan pales by by far.

6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Silent Crown - Slow start, but definitely paid off in the end with great world-building and plots.
    Way of the Devil - Good cultivation with world-hopping aspect, fast-paced action and a little bit of horror.

7. DIO i.s unbreakable 666

DIO i.s unbreakable 666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning will end this November.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  9. earthdrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm not too sure about that. Either Author will make a longer chapter (for a rushed ending) OR it will take at least 2 chapters more.
    I'm hoping that it ends this year before christmas.

10. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The author said that many chapters will be uploaded at once and I am hoping for book 2 for Mother of Learning.

11. earthdrake

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't check his patreon before. Cool, multiple chapters together.
    Best news I got today.

12. SilverCyanide

SilverCyanide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Checked out your reading list, noticed you didn't have this one. If so may I recommend Dominion's End. Set in post-apocalyptic world with zombie-like monsters. MC is male MC who thinks he's a female in a male's body (explanation is a spoiler). Has ice powers. All-around good read.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  13. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope you can give Game of Gods a try. I'm translating it, the rate is about 6 chaps/week.
    1. MC is male.
    2. MC maybe the smartest among all novels (more than 1000) I ever read.
    3. Have funny moments, but it's not focused on comedy.
    4,5, 6. Novel is completed (700 chaps)
    7. It's a CN novel.
    8. No parody.
    9. MC can use everything, but he usually fight barehanded or with this weapon:
    Gauntlet of Strangeness.
    Special effect 1: Sadism - When your attacks hit, it'll give you pleasure. Your attack power will be raised. The raising amount and duration depends on your mind state.
    Special effect 2: Masochism - When your attacks hit, it'll give the attacked target pleasure. They will not try to dodge your attacks (but can still fight back). The duration depends on the attacked target's mind state.

14. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been up to date with its raws for a long time already.

Miri-Bell likes this.
  16. samjack

samjack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked your reading list. It's really hard to find a novel I can recommend to you.
    If I'm not mistaken, I haven't seen this novel on your list

The Path Toward Heaven
    I think this novel deserves more attention. Although the novel seems to be sword-oriented, it is more focused on schemes and plans.

And, of course, if you haven't read yet, I recommend you to read the novels in the same universe with Pursuit of the Truth. (Renegade Immortal, ISSTH).

17. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. I haven't read The Path Towards Heaven, though I am not really a fan of Mao Ni. Though Joy of Life and ZTJ were good, political intrigues soon got boring.
    As for Er Gen's works, I have completed all of his completed works.

18. Nanolyte

Nanolyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worm female protag but doesn't rlly matter so ya is completed alr

Can't really think of any completed stories that fit your criteria...

You may want to start reading fanfiction if you have really started to run out of stories to read some of them can actually be just as good as good as normal fiction

19. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Some English Originals I believe fit your listed request. Admittedly, most of these do no fulfil the "6. Raws of which are unlikely to end anytime soon", but they are English Originals, so you don't need to wait for the Raws to be Translated:

Shovels in Spades. MC lives on Earth when it enters System Entering Tutorial. MC has a shovel on hand when he enters the Tutorial, and ends up the Champion for the God of Shovels. That's most of the "jokes" in the story, and it actually serves as a basis for the MC to receive empowerment's that he otherwise wouldn't receive. Currently late in book 3 and still undergoing the Tutorial, with slightly below 175 Chapters due to occasional announcement chapters.

Defiance of the Fall. Another Earth entering System Tutorial story, this time the MC is on an island, doing the "Camping Trip Holiday" thing when he is informed that he's in the exact position for an invader from the System to enter the world, and has a random chance of surviving, with the invader having better odds due to being stronger than him. The MC, obviously, survives, and starts tearing up the place in order to survive the invaders. His weapon of choice is an Axe. Currently up to chapter 195.

Reaper of the Martial World. MC enters the Cultivation World from Earth due to an ancient contract Cultivators have with Earth... that they never expected that they would ever actually need to fulfil. There are three paths of Cultivation (Energy, Body & Soul), of which the MC is inherently useless at Energy Cultivation, which just so happens to be the easiest to develop and thus the most popular. MC has an inherent skill with all weapons, and thus uses whatever comes to hand. This is often a Sword, but not necessarily, and he regularly uses his fists as his primary weapon. Currently up to 619 Chapters.

+1 He Who Fights With Monsters. Not sure if you have read this one, were already planning to, or have decided that you don't have any interest in it. I believe that it fits your request, and wasn't given a description, so I'll describe it here. Typical MC wakes up in another world start. Shortly afterwards, MC finds out that people accidentally stolen from their worlds are not actually unheard of on the MC's new magical world, and occur because of some dimensional mage trying to do something weird with dimensional magic. MC survives his first few days, during which he's concussed a few times, and starts incorporating into the world properly. MC's weapons are a dagger and a short sword, but mostly he causes injuries through magical abilities that work primarily through things like poison and other status afflictions. MC does have System Support, but no real advantages because of it, as it takes up some of his Racial Abilities, of which everyone has 6, and he has the same amount of Magical Abilities as everyone else. In other words, his System Abilities come at a cost of other potential abilities. Currently at 130 chapters. Typically updates 5 Chapters a week (one a day on weekdays), but taking the next week off for Xmas.