Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad thing is that none of the Five Blades have empathy for Van's situation but expect him to have empathy for their situation. Even after this, Jennifer is like: Woah, he sure went nuts, so if I ever use this to distract him in combat I better make sure I'm fully prepared (for an attack) first :facepalm:

Well... it could be said that Heinz actually has some empathy since he's willing to offer his neck to Van under the right conditions. I wonder how genuine he actually is about that.

Korleone, hidefreek, IceFenix and 4 others like this.
  2. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also the question of what the "right" conditions are.

hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van submitting to Alda's teaching...????

hillo315 likes this.
  4. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Van dying?

hillo315 likes this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    The conditions mentioned aren't that onerous for Van. Probably the main sticking point is that Van wouldn't be allowed to kill the other Five Blades. The rest Van is almost doing already (avoid provoking Alda's side, protect humans etc too not just Vida races). Van is provoking Alda's side somewhat but as shown by the titan duke, it's not something he is committed to doing.

However, I kinda doubt Heinz realises the degree to which Alda's side wants to kill Van and what that will likely involve. ie large scale war is likely whether Van wants it or not.

Incidentally, Heinz has realised that Alda is kinda screwed if Heinz turns his back on him - it's obvious enough that if Alda could have freed Bellwood years ago he would have done so. ie someone of Heinz's calibur is actually very very rare.

6. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    He was transformed into a faceless hentai protagonist.

Van turned Voldemort's resurrection potion into a quirky miniboss squad. If they combine, they'll become a shoggoth.

Van also gave Legion an eye, I think.

Princesses technically don't need to look young, but they will invariably end up looking young anyway. Because only the young princesses look cute enough.

Guduranis is angry and impatient, the fool.

Van never realized that Kanako is helping him guide people a lot. The confusion is understandable.

Asagi was right to think that Kanako is a valuable asset for Van, but the way he phrased it was rather slanderous. It's the way he said it, not what he said.

That archer shot the Great Demon King. Sure, it didn't really do anything, but now he has bragging rights if he lives to tell the tale.

Nay, the archer screwed it up. Heinz didn't shoot Van.

Naturally, Edgar will try to persuade Heinz to interfere anyway.

*sigh* Oh, she's too innocent.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I admire Jennifer's dedication, but Darcia's murder can't be justified here. The law and circumstances don't really change how wrong it is, and Heinz played no part in resurrecting Darcia.

I agree that revenge is completely pointless now that Darcia is alive and well, but that does not mean Heinz is automatically redeemed.

Impulsive behavior like this can level up his Great Demon King skill, simply because it is a very Demon King thing to do.

Edgar is also acting very much like a Demon King, and nobody notices.

AND EDGAR DOES NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS. HE JUST SHRUGS IT OFF AS USUAL, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR A WHILE AND IT REALLY OUGHT TO SEEM SUSPICIOUS BY NOW.

Guduranis seems to think that errand boys are weak and therefore undignified. He would never use his own body for such a humble purpose.

In all fairness, Heinz is only HALPING. Edgar's weirdness aside, he has absolutely no reason to suspect that this will ruin literally everything.

Korleone, Mesaphrom, Bla8bla and 2 others like this.
  7. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Van has realised Kanako is helping.

I disagree. Not matter how you try to phrase it, suggesting Little Miss Idol is more dangerous than Mister Genocide is nuts.

Korleone, Bla8bla, Nimitz and 2 others like this.
  8. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, but he doesn't see that as a potentially bad thing for his enemies? Because that's exactly why Asagi thinks Kanako is "dangerous".

What I mean is that Asagi carelessly equated "influential" with "dangerous", and saw nothing obviously slanderous about that when he said it out loud.

Bla8bla and Nimitz like this.
  9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kari-no-sugata @hillo315 Asagi shouldn't know that Avalon is super dangerous as the angels wouldn't have been allowed to tell him anything, so from his point of view Kanako and her cheat are more dangerous.

Korleone, ssj4maiko, Bla8bla and 4 others like this.
  10. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, no one has shown empathy for vandeliu, heinz is sacrificing himself for his friends, not because he feels guilty for his actions. On the other hand, has it been mentioned if any member of the leaves has a family or is it like a pokemon who doesn't mind leaving the continent and never coming back?

Korleone and hillo315 like this.
  11. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Asagi know what he did before showing up in Lambda?

As for saying which is worse it depends on which is harder for the person to deal with. Rokudou is one person with immense power while Kanako can move a lot of people and with her abilities it could be a lot of overpowered people. Heinz is probably better equipped to fight Rokudou/Avalon than Kanako.

hillo315, Bla8bla and Reman Scimitar like this.
  12. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz is pretty good at killing young dark elf girls minding their own business though. And yes I know Kanako is only appearing as a dark elf.

Korleone and hillo315 like this.
  13. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Is heinz have curse related to elf? Why any elf that he meet seem die? His party member, darcia, and it seem kanako will be his target.

Korleone, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  15. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basdia (note i forgot the abs and the fucking tattoo..:sweating_profusely:)

hillo315 likes this.
  16. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Juroko

Juroko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I was expecting Heinz to screw up. Guy is dense. I just didn't know that his density is contagious. Not a single smart thing from their entire group and they all, even the mooks, managed to make things worse. Edgar can't even seem to figure out something is off with the soul parasite and I have heard of no situation that 'she's fine now!' ever works.
    Honestly, I can't wait for the battle now. It's pretty obvious Heinz is focusing on Van, but will they also mess with any attempt Van makes with rescuing people? Because I can see it, along with that Selen dying. She will likely not be capable of being revived due to her guidance either, which would be funny if Van is asked to help her.
    Not sure who will survive the encounter. Asagi is pretty high but will likely die under the right circumstances, his friends have worse odds, and Edgar is definitely going to die. Heinz? Not sure about him, but I think his fate will be far worse. Assuming everyone is panicking and freaking out, they have a better chance to be guided by Van, who has a better guider skill and leadership. If word gets out that Heinz disobeyed advice, got people killed, and brought back the demon lord, he'll likely gain a host of titles in the following days. None of them good. Heinz the fool, Heinz the Traitor, Enemy of Everyone. Will be fun to see him living to a ripe old age, alone and weak.

18. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What bothered me about the chapter was the insult they made to vandeliu when asked if it was a rank 11. Seriously, someone should tell them that rank 11 is basically barbecue material in Talosheim.

Korleone, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Rank 11 is elite force in Talosheim, Van personal army is around rank 13 same as weak gods, Van is near great god level though. The scary part of Vidal force are the fact that they are Vida Race that pocessing both rank and job system not mention their training methode, normal citizen are possesing power comparable to D rank adventure

20. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who thinks that after all this time, and with Van's resources, he should have gotten the average citizen to be strong enough that D-Rank would be an insult

Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 2 others like this.