[Poll] Would you accept a fake marriage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 4, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much money would entice you to accepting the fake marriage?

1. 1,000,000X monthly minimum wage per month

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. 100,000X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. 10,000X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. 1000X monthly minimum wage per month

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. 500X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 250X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 100X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. 50X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 30X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 20X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. 10X monthly minimum wage per month

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. 5X monthly minimum wage per month

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  13. 3X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. 2X monthly minimum wage per month

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  15. 1X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 0.5X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 0.25X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I would accept - I don't need to be paid anything

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  19. I would accept - And I would even pay them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I refuse - For ethical reasons

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  21. I refuse - For practical reasons

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  22. I refuse - For religious reasons

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  23. I refuse - For sentimental reasons

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  24. I refuse - Because I don't know them well enough

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  25. I refuse - Because I don't trust them

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  26. I refuse - For other reasons

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  27. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  28. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Scenario! :cookie:

Imagine that you are 29 years old, single, and working in a consulting company.

Your best client (the opposite sex of you) has worked with you for many years, and they have brought millions of dollars to your firm. One evening after closing another deal with you, the client asks to get dinner with you, and you accept.

At the dinner, your client makes a very unusual proposal.

First of all, the client is the CEO of a small company and extremely wealthy. They are a single parent with a young child (born out of wedlock), although they refuse to go into the details on the circumstances surrounding the child (they say it is complicated).

The client explains that they are a non-citizen, and they are trying to obtain citizenship in your country (note: assume that immigration is difficult in your country). Their visa is expiring next year, and they have one year to find a solution before they risk deportation ⁠— which is also a problem for you, because you would lose business with your #1 client if they were deported.

There is also a second twist. The client is homosexual, but their family is very traditional. Recently, the client's grandparents' health has been poor, and the family has been pressuring the client to get married. It is the grandparent's dream to see the client's marriage, and the client would like to fulfill their wishes.

The client says they very much enjoyed working with you over the years, and the client would like to propose a fake marriage with you. Here are the conditions they outline:

Their requests:

• Get legally married with them; a divorce can be considered after the parents/grandparents die
    • Act like you are genuinely married in front of the kid and the extended family
    • Be a good parent to the kid (or at least act like one)
    • Allow the client to continue pursuing homosexual relationships outside of the marriage
    • You will maintain separate personal bank accounts
    • Sign a prenup that prevents you from taking/splitting their wealth if you get divorced
    • Don't expect sexual or intimate relationships with them in the bedroom
    Their concessions:
    • You get paid a LOT of money every month (see poll)
    • They will act like a proper spouse with anyone you need them to (e.g. your own family)
    • You can freely have sexual/romantic relationships with whoever you want outside of the marriage, as long as the kid/family/public doesn't find out.
    • They will continue to support the advancement of your career
    • They won't interfere with your personal life as long as you are a good parent
    • If there is stuff you want to buy, talk to them and they might buy it for you

The client has an average appearance, totally normal (boring), and you see them as an acquaintance. You do not find them very sexually attractive. You don't share very many interests, but they lack any other major red flags that would otherwise concern you. They are quite professional (in their business interactions), intelligent, and they are relatively easy to talk to. They are also quite stubborn.

The child is a regular cute child, around 10 years old, and moderately well-behaved.

1. How much money do they have to offer for you to consider the deal? Why (not)? Would you have conditions of your own?

2. If you accepted, how would you imagine your lifestyle?

3. Would you consider "fake dating" or "fake lovers" if not a fake marriage?

4. What about compensated dating (without any sexual component)?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if it's with you :blobshh:

BigBadBoi and AkaNoOu like this.
  3. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if marriage partner and young child die in an "accident", would that make you get part of their wealth?

Lost Happiness and Littleton94 like this.
  4. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Lost me at homosexual...

Even if it was with a gender I am attracted to, I am not sure I'd do it. It would depend on the money, their personality, and how long the marriage would be for.

If I can leave a year of marriage a multi millionaire, I'd give it some serious thought.

5. Lang10

Lang10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How much money do they have to offer for you to consider the deal? Why (not)? Would you have conditions of your own?
    The Us monthly minimum wage is about $1000, so I'm for 5x. Working is hard. She needs to spend time with the kid. Needs to be home but 6:00 pm once for dinner time. more will be added later.
    Stay at home dad. Mom is making money, I will raise the kid.
    Meh. If she wants to.
    I would want a family outing for the kid.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the prenup guarantees that you wouldn't receive part of their wealth

Lurking likes this.
  7. Yoko Hagihara

Yoko Hagihara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would be in it only for the kid. if i cant fined someone i believe i woukd spend the rest of my life i would rather have a partnership like marriage. also why the kid? cause perents are alrrady pretty old, would like to give then a grandchild.

lychee likes this.
  8. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    Q: If the client was a female, how's her bodywise apperances?
    Q: how old is she if the child already 10 YO?
    Q: how come a wealthy person unable to take care their visa, are they doin a shady bussiness here?

9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    The prompt says they are average-appearing and you don't find them very attractive.

Roughly the same age as you (~29-ish)

Pretend that your country has extremely strict immigration laws.

10. Moridain

Moridain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Before Gay marriage was legal in my country I had a couple friends who married the foreign partners of friends to get them green cards. They didn't charge and in that circumstance I wouldn't either.
    However this situation is different, since they want it for a legal technicality, and expect actual time and emotional investment toward a child. I would say yes, but I would expect at least a grand a month for the hassle, assuming she will cover things like rent and household expenses.

lychee likes this.
  11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so my client can openly have sexual relationships with others as long as their family (grandparents) does not know. But i can't even let anyone else than my partner and client know?

Thats a totaly unfair deal!

12. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    yes so i can accept a threesome at some point... but the real deal is that my family would pestering me when i will get married or do i have a girlfriend for that matter, finally some peace of mind

13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: It's supposed to be the same. The client assumes that they would be discrete, but they just need the guarantee that you would be, too.

Lurking likes this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I am unsure, On one hand, they are the best client and a good acquaintance not to mention the conditions aren't half bad (so far things would encourage someone to do the fake marriage) but usually such setting would get complicated in dramas and novels, not to mention morally and religiously (for the religious people) this might be so wrong, since the relationship is a lie and no one knows how things would play out, I say this works just for fictions or at least works good in fictions :hmm:

15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not interested in having sex with you.

If you need that kind of thing, they encourage you to find someone outside the marriage.

16. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Ironically the deal breaker for me is that you can both pursue other partners. Good, bad or otherwise there is a risk being taken on my part and allowing the pursuit of other liasons while I'm taking that risk is unacceptable to me. Homosexual or not. I'm not saying I can and they can't, I'm saying I would never agree with either us being allowed. Even setting that aside imagine how much it would mess the kid up if they found out or the issues it would cause with the rest of the family if they discovered it. All in or all out. To be clear I don't mean intimacy is something that needs to happen that doesn't matter but extra-marital affairs are absolutely a no go.

Lonelycity, GDLiZy, BigBadBoi and 3 others like this.
  17. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just one of those things that sound like a wonderful deal on paper but quite frustrating when you actually do it.

Lonelycity and jgfenix like this.
  18. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like a good deal tbh. As long as the client wasn't shady, why not?

19. Nelico

Nelico Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, helping your biggest business partner, getting paid for it and getting the "unhappy marriage"-bonus to charisma, all while getting their support in climbing the corporate ladder? And you only have to act in front of the kid and their parents? Sounds like a sweet deal if you work in something where you have to travel on a regular basis, otherwise still a sweet deal.

Would do it for the perks even without getting paid. But I'll take what's given at the highest point my country allows without getting suspicious.

And how you desrcibed the partner, she doesn't sound so bad. Smart and stubborn makes a great combo for talks and teasing.

20. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well thankfully the kid isn't an actual baby. I'm not sure how much I'd demand for sleepless nights and changing shit filled diapers.
    Minimum x 2 because I'd have to be an actor and a parent, so basically I'll demand 2 job's worth on principle.
    Maybe half a day twice a month to hang with my friends?

I'd imagine a lot less free time. Kids are a handful, and as much as she might try to avoid it, necessary social obligations with her family will probably eat up a decent chunk of time. Cultures where older people encourage younger ones to get married heterosexually tend to be heavy on culture and customs.

Generally no, because I really like my free time. That said, a part of me thinks being a fatherly figure in someone's life would be fulfilling.

But then I'd feel obligated to be presentable and tailor an experience instead of simply letting thing flow as they go. So no.