Recruitment Looking for translators to join CrappyAss TLs!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by adorkablehiko, Nov 6, 2019.

1. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys, I'm the main translator for CrappyAss Translations, Erika. Just a little tidbit:

We actually started off as me just translating stories on my own with editors/proofreaders, and well, it kinda grew into a site that some readers expect high-quality translations from. We mostly do shoujo/josei stories/otome game/female MC JP stories if that helps.

We're currently looking for one translator to join the group. We're fine with MTLers or translators who are just starting out. We've got one or two editors that can help you edit your translations, and I'm also here to help you with Japanese if you require it. We also don't require you to have a schedule, but having one might help you with your story's reader base as well as improving your Japanese. If you've got a story you want to translate, we can definitely do that, or if you want me to suggest one, I can always give you one to look over. Whichever works really. I honestly just want to help other budding JP translators out (and have more JP novels to read ngl).

If my experience of being a translator is a worry (or can help you with your decision), feel free to ask and I can tell you what I've translated so far!

Tl;dr:
    • MTLers or newbie translators are very welcome! Help/support is provided with translation checking and life-saving editors
    • No schedule required (but is advised to keep your fanbase and stories with schedules can help with views/likes/comments/more readers if that's a worry)
    • You're free to translate stories you want (or I can suggest some if you don't have any in mind)
    • On that note above, if you want to translate an LN version of a story, that is definitely doable (given I can only do that ~3 months from now lmao)
    • You're also free to start your own site if you want to do so in the future
    • If you like shoujo/josei/otome game/female MC JP stories, please join!
    • We already have a ton of people reading stories from our sites, so if you're worried about your readership, that might help.
    • I'm nice and I like otome games?
    • Edit: Translators who have their own sites who want to move to ours are free to join as well!
    If anyone has questions or is interested, feel free to PM me on here, or reply to the thread. Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    otaku31 and kenar like this.
  2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a lot to read

3. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao that's why I tl;dr'ed it. Also, I figure giving out a lot of info and benefits would make it look more enticing. And for some reason, I wasn't notified of your reply...

4. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you mark the thread to be watched??

5. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I have to if I’m the one who created it?

6. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, probably

7. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Aight, got it boss o7

8. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobtaco::blobsnow:

adorkablehiko likes this.
  9. adorkablehiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully bumping every few days is allowed? Bump!