Discussion College Problems

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zeroknight, Nov 6, 2019.

1. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    If things continue to escalates as it is, I dont think can handle the pressure anymore. I'm a graduating student. I am already delayed by about 1 year and a half. My batch match had already graduate long ago.

In the recent semesters, my relative had been constantly nagging me when will I graduate. "Are you graduating this term?" "How many semester do still need?" She's been lecturing and talking nonstop this past several months (maybe a year) hurryingme up to graduate already.

The problem is...its taking to much pressure into me already. The mental stress us alteady taking toll of me. Talking to her staightforwardly is no use. It will only result into an hour of nonstop nagging. Thats one of the reasons why I read novel. Relieving stress

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you considered not talking to her? I mean, it is an option.

3. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip

4. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... What else can we say other than you have to persevere and graduate?
    Everyone has their own circumstances for graduating late. I know you are included. So you should just ignore her and focus on yourself, for your own sake.

AMissingLinguist and Arash1 like this.
  5. Arash1

Arash1 A Simple Introvert

Reading List:
    Link
    I am an otaku. I am also an introvert, Everything I need to live can be found in my room. I could survive on just the internet and a bit of food. But I am also a college student because I want to take care of my parents and my little sister. So think about your motivation. Your education is just a tool to get where you want to. Not everyone who has similar blood to you can be really called as family. Just care about who really gives a damn about you, those who suffered for you, and still support you. Hang on. Good Luck.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  6. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, basically if they dont pay for your college tuition, dont give them shit :V

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I graduate this semester and don’t got a clue of what to do after that

Arash1 likes this.
  8. vzona

vzona Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayy, Stay strong.
    It's really hard to get into college nowadays (because many children born, or you can consider you're lucky that your name is registered in College).

Option 1 : you can stop talking with her or avoid her.
    Option 2 : you can start to focus your study, and let her to stop to talk because you're study at any moment (bring your note)
    Option 3 : Maybe, this is worst because you can bring 1 gun in your pocket (not recommend it so much)

Arash1 likes this.
  9. LazyThing9000

LazyThing9000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the same position, I went through three programs before finding one I could enjoy. My younger sister will graduate before I do and I'll never hear the end of it. Don't let your family question if you'll graduate, it's a question of when. I believe in you.

Arash1 and joey183 like this.
  10. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the only reason your aunt's nagging is giving you stress is because deep down inside, you know what she say is the truth, which is also why you are feeling so much pressure because you can't refute her words.

As someone who has been through this as I'm also a late graduate myself, my advice is to just keep it inside and try your very 120% to successfully graduate because time will not wait for you. The longer you take to graduate, the harder it is to get a decent job for a living. Try to motivate yourself to study/revise your lessons everyday to give you confidence to pass.

Congrats on graduating. Try to submit resume for job hunting. You can use the 1st year to try out which job is suitable for you.

kiara8 likes this.
  11. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    But who is this relative to even hurry you? If your parents aren't hurrying you, this person doesn't really have the right. Do they pay for your education? For your food? Provide you with lodgings? If not, just ignore lmao. Or if you want to blow up on them, throw these questions I just asked to them lol. If that doesn't work, maybe talk to your parents so she could stop nagging you.

You can do it OP, hang in there. You're close to the finish line!

12. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I dont really like my program. I only entered hospitality because its basically the place without any need of skill.
    I really wanted to be a Librarian or A book store clerk. I see a lot of it in japan. I also wished to be a translator but Im not good at languages. A simple job like that will do. I dont want to be engineer, nurse, nor IT

13. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    College problems? Wait, when has college overall not had problems?

14. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk why u are delaying graduating but take your time. The stress must be immense and I hope you can deal with it. Talk to a friend about it and maybe get their opinion. Also librarians make money and they require I think a year or two of library school. Then probably get a job at a university. If that’s what u want to do. The job isn’t going extinct just transforming to meet the needs of the time.

15. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    well...stop talking to her... you don't need negative people in your life (that what i do with my mom tbh)
    try your hardest to graduate, man! someone pay those tuition, you need to graduate (i don't know your college system, but here, we pay for every semesters we take...so that my parents money there...)

just try your hardest to graduate. first, she will stop nagging...second, she will nag about you not finding job, third she will nag about your salary, fourth she will nag you about girlfriend/boyfriend, then marriage, then children, and so on and so on...so all in all, stop talking to her...move far away from her if you can...
    i don't even join my big famz gathering on new year anymore cause of this

16. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty gambols by chasing a flutterby and leaving behind a hint of soap!