Recommendations Looking for a sick apocalypse novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sonido, Nov 6, 2019.

1. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apocalyptic setting preferably zombies.
    Dont want too many game elements or godly interventions, as it destroys the submersion u have and makes the whole novel sound like a joke.
    Once in the beginning is okay like God and Devil World.

I feel like the best zombie „feeling“ i had was high school of the dead. Don’t judge me, not talking about the ecchi part, but the whole being stuck in highschool with the dead and running around with your classmates sounds nice.
    All the apocalypse mangas are enjoyable but most novels fail to deliver.

God and Devil World was good at first but became total shit later on.
    Tried Apocalypse Cockroach for a few chapters. intro was slow but when he met the first girl i just wanted to kill myself. A shut in cannot act so „chill“ infront of a girl. Ducking edgy protagonist.
    Please don’t recommend Terror Infinity for the same reason.

Please recommend something evil.
    The stuff you wouldn’t tell anyone u were reading:blobReach:

2. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best apocalypse story for me is... Dominion’s End.
    The translation speed is like the movement of tectonic plate. But hands down, highly recommended.

Kana_SST, sonido and Meloman like this.
  3. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Dominion’s end is great. But it’s definitely different to the stuff the poster is talking about. No stupid harems, for instance.

sonido likes this.
  4. imlookingfor28929

imlookingfor28929 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been waiting for this for a long time...
    This is my moment.

Let me recommend you The Dark King
    It is post-apocalyptic and enjoyable (eventhough it is a trainwreck and boring at times, I'd still read a part of it for the good parts, which are good)

sonido likes this.
  5. WeaselLord

WeaselLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland is good for all your variety of apocalyptic needs, since it has the Terror Infinity advantage of a bunch of different apocalypse worlds without the problem you had with TI, the nationalism, or the copyright infringement of Terror Infinity. This one does have zombie-like creatures that vary depending on which world it is but they are all zombie-like.

I recently started reading Dark Blood Age, and although I am on pause for the moment, that is because I am not sure where it is going (or how fast it will get there), since I am at around chapter 40, I can't say for sure but so far there are no zombies (unless you count the weird things controlled by the tentacle monsters). (this one is also hit or miss, about half the reviews are 1 star and the other half are 5 stars)

I started and caught up on (in one day) Worlds' Apocalypse Online, which so far I found extremely good, it has things that are basically zombies but aren't called that, but they aren't the only "feature" of the apocalypse so I don't know if this counts either.

Edit: I forgot to mention this but Worlds' Apocalypse Online actually doesn't have much game elements, it does have some, but nowhere near the amount implied by the name.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    sonido likes this.
  6. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_grin:
    I don’t know if Dominions End and Doomsday Wonderland is my cup of tea.
    Dont wanna pull the gender card but a female lead? Wouldn’t she be way too needy and emotional?

Joke aside, read this slime novel once(the old days before going full chinese cultivation novels) where mc was male but for some kinky reason in a female/non gender body.
    The female loli body kept throwing me off even tho the story was enjoyable (at the time) but i just couldn’t relate to the mc.

I need a strong male mc, not sure how girls feel reading male dominated novels but as a man i need a manly mc, with man tears.

I AM NOT GAY THO.:blob_grin:

„I need a strong male mc, not sure how girls feel reading male dominated novels but as a man i need a manly mc, with man tears.“

WAIT A MINUTE...:hmm:

Wujigege likes this.
  7. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What she said.

8. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, well, well, how the turntables.

Your comedy skill is maxed out.
    Would give u a cake.
    Aiaiaiai, too bad we aren’t on reddit.

Hmm, dark king sounds interesting.
    Will give it a go.:blobhero:

9. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The sad truth is like 80-90% stories of apocalypse are YAOI. Just do a search with apocalypse tag and you'll see. apparently there aren't enough females during apocalypses, so males chose what's available :)

Dominion's end is actually book published on paper format. It is professionally edited, etc. And it does reflect on the story.

On the other side of the spectrum, if you thought that devils and god worlds was.... pro-chinese... discover - I Dedicated the Dimension to the Country. The most pro-china bullshit apocalypse story I've ever seen.

sonido likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is one called The Trembling World
    Not sure if its good since I prefer Kingdom Building Novels like My Castle My Castellan
    but it might suit your needs
    There is also another novel about a protagonist or rather many people on earth who sleep and then wake up in an apocalyptic world
    They can go back and forth between the real world and the grey apocalyptic world

sonido likes this.
  11. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are YAOI Novels in such a high demand? These damn female cultivators:blobdevil:

There is something wrong with the Tags, the minute you chose 2 or more Tags u get bullshit recommendations, at least for me it never worked.

Am not exactly „pro chinese“:blobReach:
    Only meant to say that chinese novels are generally better than other asian novels.
    Japanese novels tend to be plagued by gay beta isekais and cringe harem stories and korean novels are way too short, and therefore fast paced. Not that there aren’t any good japanese novels like Overlord. But that’s about it.

But yes, the racism was pretty obvious in God and Devil World, not that i would mind.
    Both sides probably have multiple reasons to hate each other, who am i to judge.

But we shouldn’t censor authors.
    Except when they start shit talking my nationality.
    Then we should:blob_grin:

12. sonido

sonido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate, there are no deep grievances between us, why must you be so ruthless??!

What am i reading?
    Chapter 2 and i already want to hang myself.
    Children are getting adopted and the whole thing looks more like these adults want to adopt them as sex slaves. Mc is way too cringe. A young EdgeLord in the making. He pretends to be dumb, well okay thats valid. But he obviously learned the language at some point in the past 3 Months why did he come out of the closet in the last second? And why is that 7-8 year old girl so ruthless, ruthless like a 16 year old at least. This smells like an mc who will go off tangents holding a speech where he has to justify any and all actions of his. And the mc is just weird. Why is he so picky when being adopted? Why is the 7 year old mc more cunning and street smart than me?

Well most of the time a friend of mine recommends me a novel and i curse him after reading 5 chapters only to still stick with it and praising the novel later on as great.
    Hmm, should i still read this novel?

13. Setin

Setin New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    我在殺戮中誕生

Evil protagonist with MC who is OP, best apocalypse novel for me. there are no clichés, in the first 30 chapters the MC kills everything he sees and nobody lives. no major antagonists until chapter ~ 200.

14. SlimIcee

SlimIcee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re: Survival is a pure zombie survival novel. Like you asked, there's no extra genres tossed in like superpowers and such. It's a very realistic novel and has characters that are fleshed out and memorable.