Spoiler The Film Emperor’s Daily Live Cooking Broadcast

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by bgta, Sep 21, 2019.

1. bgta

bgta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Film Emperor’s Daily Live Cooking Broadcast

On the Star Network there is a gourmet food broadcast, where all you can see are a pair of hands. However each dish that this broadcast comes out with is earthshakingly delicious. What’s more, the broadcast anchor’s voice is simply perfect!

With the broadcast’s rising popularity, several food programs extended him an olive branch. When the anchor appeared on screen, as they suspected, he is handsome enough to incur the wrath of both men and gods! The fans licked their screens with increasing frenzy, but after licking a while, they discovered…

Fans:…Wait a minute, isn’t this our fatally-ill idol who hasn’t long to live?

Small Gong: Take these damned nutrient solutions and throw them away! And get me that broadcast anchor!

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-film-emperors-daily-live-cooking-broadcast/

So, I was looking for spoilers about this new BL series by Chrysanthemum Garden, couldn't find any, decide to MTL, and since I MTLed it, I decided to give back to the community and share the spoilers.

The story is fairly slow, with focus in, and I mean like half of the story is about, MC cooking.

The (unreliable) summary continuing from current chapter:

• MC cooked shrimp, which was released just 2 hours before his live streaming
    • Some black powder (later confirmed as water army hires by the guy from the chef association, Qiu Lin) questioning MC "inhumane" way handling shrimp (cutting the head and peeling it)
    • ML was also watching MC live streaming, gave MC firework (fairly expensive and gave MC a lot of money) which silence the rest of the rest of the audience (kinda a privilege of the firework) and gave ML the admin/house manager title for MC stream channel. ML got quite some food from MC after this.
    • MC explained why he did what he did to the shrimp (head and the back of the shrimp contain bacteria) told the black powder to ask research center to confirm)
    • Later research center confirmed. MC popularity soared once again.
    • More cooking. MC contacted by the chef association, they asked MC to join them and to test for chef qualification. ML family talking about MC (ML mom's the owner of the streaming channel, while ML bro is the dean of research center, dad is also from military), ML mom is happy that ML and dad now start eating her food (she followed MC recipe)
    • ML bro used his identity as research center dean, contacted MC in the name of research and to get free food.
    • MC decided to join chef qualification test. His test was rigged by Qiu Lin, he got "difficult" ingredients (pork liver, chilly peppers, fish head). QL also refused to admid that MC cooking is good
    • ML, knowing that QL is behind the black powder incident, was already standing by. he contacted the head of chef association, and both watch the unfairness that MC got. They came out to uncover the unfairness. The old chef fell in love with MC cooking
    • QL arrogantly said that the head chef wouldn't do anything to him, since he's a rare 4 star chef and the only one who can inherit the head chef position. MC, angry, said he could also be a 4 star chef in one go.
    • More cooking, MC proved he passed all the test in a day, breaking history record. The last test was open for audience, he got approval from 95% of the audience, another record breaking. Some even said he should got a 5 star qualification, which was agreed by the judges. But since more people needed to agree if MC want to get 5 star, he just got a 4 star qualification.
    • Due to this incident, MC and ML meet in real life. they started to be friends from here on.
    • Another incident, MC identity as a former movie emperor was uncovered. yada yada, MC helped ML to build a military canteen, laying low from public while waiting to counterattack.
    • Counterattack, the guy who uncovered MC was sued for stealing a confidential agreement (?) something about MC agreement with his agency was supposed to be confidential and this guy stole it and the medical record.
    • MC became a chef for interstellar banquet. The leader of the other race want to marry MC because he wanted to eat good food. ML was (unknowingly) jealous.
    • Another news about MC, this time his mother sent out a video, talking how MC neglected her and his brother who is very sick. The same guy who uncover MC identity was behind this.
    • MC of course had no idea who the woman was. With the help of ML and family, he confirmed that the lady was his mom, but she wasn't a good one. They publish that MC had lost his memory and the bad deed of the mother. MC also decided to visit his brother, ML followed.
    • MC came from a very remote planet. MC bro had a genetic disease, making his body very fragile. MC!host worked really hard before, sending all of his money home exactly for his brother. Of course the mother keep al the money.
    • Giving the bro his medication and treatment. The nurse and the doctor were a bit hostile with MC in the beginning, thinking MC neglected his brother. Bro was a sweet boy.
    • Rain and flood and some water monster which turned out to be seafood. Of course MC had to cook them live. the remote planet now can use the seafood as a source of income
    • MC was back to the capital with his bro. Mother again making a fuss, bringing reporter, which backfire. MC cut his tie with mom in court, and gain custody of his brother.
    • MC decided to find a new house. ML said some house near his was on sale. It's also almost ML birthday, MC decided to give a surprise party with the help of ML's bro. He met the parents and spend the night at ML house to prepare the birthday banquet.
    • A war is happening, with zerg and warren (empire)
    • Some difficult with sending logistic, people on the front line had food scarcity.
    • MC though that the zerg was edible, ML listened to MC. Zergs were delicious. Food scarcity is solved.
    • MC followed ML to the front-line. he missed ML. MC found insecticide, helped them won the war. I think this is when MC realize he liked ML.
    • MC was back to capital, ML couldn't. MC was disappointed but understand.
    • Cooking contest. I skipped this part. :blobpats:
    • ML was back. they confess to each other
    • More about cooking contest. The main story ended here. MC had done a good job spreading love for natural food
    • extra is about a wilderness survival program, where MC cook in the wild

Whew, that was long.
    It was a light read. I read it in the middle of the night, and it made me hungry. Though honestly, it's not something to binge-read, since it's really mainly about cooking, I'm still gonna wait for the translation, with pictures and recipes of the food. :blobdrool:

2. Karti

Karti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

3. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found insecticide!? Hm... I guess the strength of that insecticide to solve Zerg problems has to be astronomically off the charts.

Thanks for the spoilers!

haqpiness and Heungbo like this.
  4. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    How did that guy become a chef??? lol what's he gonna do eat the shrimp shell and all? wtf author should at least donate 20 IQ points to that chef ah how pitiful

5. bgta

bgta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The setting of the world is that cooking a lost art. People doesn't eat, but drink nutritional liquid instead.

So, the shrimp was a new ingredients, and those chefs didn't know how to cook it at all. Hence the question.

haqpiness and JuuHachi like this.
  6. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks I really thought it would be one of those novels that had so much potential but got wasted

7. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was the responsible of his accident? The mom?
    And if it was she, why?

8. YeYueLiang

YeYueLiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh good, I was looking for this thread:blobpats:

9. Ozzieozz

Ozzieozz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the identity of the person (ye shao, i think is his name) targeting MC and why is he doing it?

ggeejj and immortaltear like this.
  10. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    It was ye shao

He is doing it cuz orig!mc was his rival in the acting company, so ye shao did sth to the mecha and ofc ye shao was afraid the truth will come out, esp when mc woke up, so ye shao kept targeting mc.

11. Kimikimta

Kimikimta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mtl is super easy to read btw:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobmelt:

12. YeYueLiang

YeYueLiang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the cooking stuff gave me hungry :blobpats:
    out of this i really love the sweet pair that are mc and ml :blobmelt:

13. KabitNiOhSehun

KabitNiOhSehun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance is kinda slow burn but so worth it HYC is so cute when falling in love. I personally think that base on their personality the slow budding of love is just right.