Spoiler My House of Horrors

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aina Seira, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    kkgoh likes this.
  2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even before the ban, the author has been hinting towards the MC being crazy and has done it multiple times

anyway i doubt the entire plot will be a dream of a madman but who knows what will happen since it got banned

some things i have noted is that the spookiness in the novel has been toned down alot
    the specters arent really...seen as ghosts anymore...it could be just us being used to read them as some other creatures or whatever but...
    we also have hints of sci fi now which is kinda...meh...dislike tbh
    the title has changed and any mention of haunted houses or ghosts are also more or less gone or changed into something fantasy/sci-fi-ish
    the mc has also...grown alot...he's now not scared at all, more curious and investigative...and capable of chasing the spectres down with the intent to kill them....?

kkgoh likes this.
  3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea noticed that too. No longer as scary after Chapter 680, which seems to coincide with the initial ban (around Chapter 700?). I paused around Chapter 760+.

The last scary part I read was Li Wan City at 680. The game of tag at the hospital was creepy. That gluttonous ghost reminds me of Se7en.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And now we know that Kevin Spacey really is a psycho =/
    [​IMG]

The other haunted house competitor, horror movie/theater and nightschool seemed kinda lame...

4. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    he wasn't even scared at all tho since the start... at most he is just being cautious so that he won't suddenly ends up facing a strong spectre without any insurance

Ban was at 709 (during the birthday scene), well stuff won't be scary since after li wan town the rest of the arcs are just mini-arc, well not sure about 761+ since I also stop reading it due to me hating cliff.

well as for the sci-fi things, ye I hate it as well but we have no choice else it won't get unbanned.. (stupid censorship) another thing to note is that the author seems trying new stuff for the School of the Afterlife
    with him not being able to bring his specter to the mission place

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    kkgoh likes this.
  5. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if South Park got banned (more on a dare by South Park creators though) and they can't move the needle on Chinese censorship, doubt anyone ever will.

Sci-fi horror can be scary though. "The Fly" (1986), "Event Horizon" (1997), etc.
    Chinese censors have actually allowed some zombie films to pass, "Resident Evil". Probably because the zombies were created by viruses and not supernatural beings. So I guess it's less creepy, more action ...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt read the spoilers from the start but I'm confuse with why Chen ge see "his younger self" being murder by someone (adult) in the tunnel(?)

*still at chap 590

7. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't quite recall, haven't read in awhile. But ...

When Chen Ge was a kid, he disobeyed his parents and went off on his own (some kinda tunnel, etc, w/o adult supervision). He encountered a spirit (not sure if it was the ghost fetus or something). Chen Ge's shadow (metaphysical sense) was separated from him. And the shadow is the one undergoing all forms of torture/suffering. Chen Ge maintains a vague connection to his lost shadow, hence he sees himself being murdered.

8. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the censorship just whyy :'(
    My House of Horror is one of good novel!!
    I hope the changes wont butcher the story, I like all the horror suspense :(

9. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who feels disappointing with the current arc? Compared to previous arcs I find it greatly lacking.

kkgoh likes this.
  10. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about horror is no go, I hope it is fake not real :'(

11. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the Night School arc?
    Yea, feels more like the boring action-horror/slasher genre now (Alien, Resident Evil, etc), rather than creepy supernatural horror that the novel was best known for. Not sure if that's the result of censorship.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  12. Hmntlzn

Hmntlzn 9th Mistress_❤

Reading List:
    Link
    I followed this novel because I love horrors, so I read the raws (around 400+ chap) +half year ago I think.

I thought that Chen Ge will start his 4 stars scenario after I stop reading the novel for awhile. But it has more fillers (well, almost all fillers are related/lead to the bigger scenario tho)
    I guess I'll stop reading MHOH for now.

13. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    not a filler, considering that he was quite weak back then.. he would've died doing the 4 star scenario specially since back in chap 400 or so he only has 1 red specter and Zhang Ya wasn't even a top red.

He was close to failing the 3.5 star scenario even tho he has multiple red helping him +2 top red

14. Halnye

Halnye Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve scrolled past the novel multiple times. Is it any good? I see good reviews but not really interested in the genre.

15. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good, just do not read at night especially when you are alone, not advisable.

Raebit likes this.
  16. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's precisely why you should read at night when you're alone. Thrill seekers will enjoy it. Else where's the fun?

A lot of the scenarios are pretty novel. At least I haven't seen/read them in other popular western/asian horror, which is what makes House of Horrors fascinating for me.

Inland, Hmntlzn and Er xiao jie like this.
  17. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the current arc finished? School of the afterlife I mean.

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously the novel was a good horror novel at the start but it started going down the second he started chasing the ghosts with his hammer

then morgue below the university was also very creepy until MC went in...with hammers swinging....

this was all before the ban and now it seems like it'll be less horror-ish and more sci-fi sadly

19. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different taste for different readers i guess, i personally find the current arc the most interesting so far. I like the diverse characters than just MC swinging his hammer around.

20. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw guys can someone spoil me what happens in the school of afterlife. Is ig done yet? Broadstrokes is fine?