[Poll] If men also had periods...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

Do you think governments would pass a period day law if both men and women had periods?

1. Yes - I'm very confident there would be a period day law

22 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. Yes - I'm confident there would be a period day law

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Yes - I think there would be a period day law

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Yes - There might be a period day law

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. No - There might not be a period day law

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. No - I think there wouldn't be a period day law

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  7. No - I'm confident there wouldn't be a period day law

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
  8. No - I'm very confident there wouldn't be a period day law

21 vote(s)
    25.6%
  9. I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. I do not wish to answer

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably the similar thing to period pain is the kidney stone pain when you pee..

2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, ew, yes I would like a sick day once and sometimes twice a month (the worst, sometimes it arrives 7-8 days earlier than I expect it). The first day I can pop some pills and deal with the pain. My problem is day number 2. Man, the flow is insane, especially after sitting for a while and then standing up. Forget any hygienic products, the flow just bursts through the sides and down my damn legs. I wasn't aware it could do that when I was starting out, so I had a nasty experience when I was 16-17 in a public place. Had to find creative ways to clean up for half an hour in the bathroom. While I had lectures, I had to sprint to the nearest toilet immediately after standing up and hope they're not all taken. It happened to my mother years ago when she was in a conference meeting that lasted 4 hours. After standing up - bloodbath. Imagine the inconvenience. Since that time, she always stayed home on day 2 if it happened on a weekday and called in sick or used her vacation days.

That said, if both sexes got it and everyone was aware what it was like and there was no hush-hush about it, maybe there'd be a sick day a month? But I tend more toward the 'developing medicine to deal with it without fucking up your hormones' option. You can't just have people out of commission every month. To girls who are sexually active and/or want to reduce pain and flow, the no-baby pills do help, but you can't take them indefinitely, they do tend to screw up your organism eventually. Anything you want to do to control your reproductive system is too invasive and painful, since it's entirely placed on the inside. Mother nature screwed us over, let me not get started on this rant. I guess if you like and want to have children, there's that 'benefit'. If men could give birth as well, I'd gladly give them the opportunity, cause I only get irritated when some tell me how blessed women are for being able to give life. Well, there are those who've told me women were cursed by god to have mentstruation because of Eve, so there's that. I wonder how religions would change in your alternate world, lol. But honestly, if both men and women were the same in strength, ability and sexual reproduction, I'd be hella bored. I like our diversity, I just wish I didn't have to hear things like 'women can't be leaders because they're too irrational' or 'of course my wife has to take my surname, I can't take her surname because I'll lose my identity' and shit like that.

3. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think kidney stone pain would be worse.

Kansuou, Raebit and GonZ555 like this.
  4. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    No Periods!? HECK YEAH!!!
    They’re of no goddamn use to me and make me feel like a bloated potato who’s being punched in the gut half the time...

And if men had it, maybe my dad(and the other men I know) would start being less sarcastic about the cramps I guess

and Yay for holidays!

Anra7777 likes this.
  5. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. To a certain extent yes cause I'm male.
    2. Only difference in common sense to accommodate male periods.
    3. Human being humans, basically no difference.
    When there's country, blame nationality, if not, religion. When all else fails gender. My country even has people fighting with others from across the road just cause they are under different religious community (same religion)

6. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, the sarcasm would be even worse since they know the pain.

7. Ruby20

Ruby20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hilarious. tee hee:p

8. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah too unpredictable. Maybe if there was a period syncing machine...lol. A week of vacation every month though is too much, unless it was accounted for very early on...even then I suspect there would be dissenters that want to abolish it to make you work longer.

1. If I didn't have a period, I wouldn't have to worry about pregnancy. My biggest fear about that is pain, and my mom wants grandchildren! Poor her..

2. Probably...I mean, at the very least they'd probably have Men's sanitary cups or whatever equivalent of tampon/pad.

3. Better because my husband would potentially be the one giving birth, and I'd be able to give my mum grandchildren :blobphone:

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah I doubt it. Especially considering many work places don't consider doctor/dentist visits to be a valid reason to miss work. Maybe it would be a thing for upper-class and upper-middle class. But not anyone else.

10. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What country are you at? In my place it's common to take a sick leave if needed.

11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    You can put in for it, or take it as a personal/vacation day, but it's not gonna be anything extra.

12. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry...why would government must made period law when it come to men having period while not when women having one?
    HA! you think i will support it!!! i will object it tremendously!! i'll use every mean for that law never to be typed and signed!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! YOU MEN SHOULD SUFFER!!!!

1. Would your own life be different at all if you had (or didn't have) periods?
    actually no...i don't get period crams or whatsoever...but i hate my mood fluctuation cause it effect everyone around me...especially when i get mad easily, i'm not like this usually, but now, everyone think i'm a cruel person...
    if i didn't have periods, did i still get pregnant??? i actually hate the fact that i, as a woman, can get pregnant. i have the thoughts of removing my wombs at 18 (since that's when i could legally suggest this thing) only to be slapped by the rules that
    • you must be over 30,
    • not in condition to have pregnancy, and / or
    • already having kids more than necessary (3 or above)
    • also you need consent from your husband

2. Would the world be different in any way?

that woman don't have periods or man have periods???
    if woman don't have periods, but still could get pregnant, then nothing major would change
    but if they couldn't be pregnant, then all hell break loose LOLOLOLOL...who wanna carry the baby? what about future generation? and so on, and so on... in my opinion, future generation can all go to hell...what nonsense are they worrying about, most likely happen is y'all will find another method to have future generation (clone, experimenting wombs from animals, etc)

if man have periods...hm...i do'n't really know...hope that they were not a sissy as to open new law just for period annoyance
    if they can get pregnant, then please carry the baby...they should be the one carrying the baby tbh...they are stronger lolololol, just kidding, in this case, woman are stronger.

i actually more supportive in pregnancy law, as in we still get monthly salaries in our pregnancy leave
    pregnancy leave last for a year, after the baby born!
    could take baby or child into the office or there were playground or daycare inside the building.

i hope when male could get pregnant, they just take the opportunity to enrich this law tbh...

3. How would you feel if you lived in a world where men and women are biologically equivalent (e.g. same strength, potential for pregnancy)? Would you think this world is better or worse than our own?
    worse i guess...the unplanned pregnancy most likely will increase
    but on another hand, the government will enrich pregnancy and/or abortion law and stricken rape law (i hope)
    population will increase, waste will increase, nature will die faster

it is better to stop pregnancy altogether tbh