Discussion How do you deal with stress?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ruyue, Nov 10, 2019.

?

NNN

1. Yes, I will reach the enlightenment

2. No, this is honestly stupid, imagining not nutting bcuz the internet said so

3. I failed

4. What is this?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a sophomore in high school, and recently, I've started getting way more stressed than normal, due to school, home, religion, etc. I feel it's been getting increasingly difficult to balance all of these different elements, most likely due to my terrible time management.

Every person has gotten stressed in their lives, and so they develop ways in order to deal with this stress. So what are some of the ways you try to deal with stress?

Also if you have extra time, how are you?
    Has your day been good?
    (From what I've heard from most of the people I know, they either deal with stress by sleeping or listening to music. )

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    I cry. Think about something real sad, and release stress hormones with my tears.

Laughing is also good.

Funny stuff good.

Hugs good

Tea good

Food good

4. Razort

Razort Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shooting range. I used to go hunting with my dad and his friends and I also joined the military, so guns have always been around me. If a day becomes particularly stressful, you can bet I’m at a shooting range imagining the target as my current “foe” regardless of if it is alive or not.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  5. Ashley123

Ashley123 Your senior

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m in senior year, and I can relate because of bad time management. Ngl, I release stress with some alone time and some good educational movies. It just seems to work well for me :LOL:

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  6. mangoberry

mangoberry beatsaber is too addictive...

Reading List:
    Link
    novel updates
    thats how i do it

7. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for a walk.
    Meditate.
    Go somewhere nice and do nothing.
    Visit a friend or family that you connect well with.
    Stay away from electronics.

Use relaxing scents like lavender or cucumber. You can get hand creams, perfumes, oils and such for that. I think peppermint is also meant to be soothing.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a schedule, it's always do the trick.
    And stick to it and do what you want in free time.

9. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take two deep breaths and sit in a quiet and well lit place, preferably on the floor.
    Sit in a meditative pose, preferably in lotus position. Don't stiffen your body, stay relaxed and keep your back straight.
    Try to ponder over how you can manage your time more. Set your priorities and point out the situations where you are at your worst in managing your time. If necessary, you can keep a notepad and jot the points down.
    Inhale and exhale deeply, in a relaxed way and keep assuring yourself that you will manage your time more efficiently. Make yourself believe it slowly, without putting pressure on yourself.
    Do this everyday for at least seven days, preferably in the morning.
    This will give you a burst of positive energy which should slowly reach a point where it will be able to sustain you throughout the day.
    My dear friend, believing in yourself is the most important thing. Have faith that you can overcome your shortcomings in managing your time. Every other way, such as listening to music or reading will give you momentary relief, but it is not sustainable, unless you do something to eradicate the cause of your stress. Even if you can't succeed immediately you don't need to feel disappointed. Even giving it a try will benefit you a lot.

10. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    feeling stressed quite recently...
    ah...i don't have any stress relieve strategy tbh...i just stay alone in my room...feeling tired of everything... eventually the feeling subside, takes a whole day tho...even i can't sleep, afraid of tomorrow...
    well...i just did what i usually did...but without meeting anyone... when stressed, i don't wanna meet anyone... i can't even cry tbh, i'm sad but more of disappointment in myself, so what the use in crying...

well...eventually i'll feel tired and can't help but sleep... when i woke up, the feeling has subside more...
    sometimes watching anime also help

11. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Playing waifu game like honkai impact or azurlane

12. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Deep breaths :blobokhand:

then call my therapist

occasional "me time" with cakes, quiet little cafes, and absolutely no phone/internet also works pretty well

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sleep is always good. One of the reasons stress builds up is because most people do not get enough sleep. When you sleep, your brain reorganizes the day's experiences, and if you have a lot of stress, it either manages it in a way that allows you to make sense of it all or forces you to confront it and release it in a safe manner, through dreams.

Ai-chan used to be very stressed with numerous psychotic episodes, forcing Ai-chan to rely on anti-psychotic meds. But once Ai-chan learned how to sleep well and gets enough sleep, Ai-chan no longer has psychotic episodes and could stop taking anti-psychotic meds. Ai-chan also no longer felt like committing suicide as Ai-chan could live many different entire lives in Ai-chan's dreams. It's like living in many different isekai every night.

Best of all, your 8 hours sleep does not mean 8 hours of dreams. Your dreamworld and your real world run on two separate timeline. You can sleep for 3 hours and already lived out 80 years of your life. But you can also sleep for 8 hours and only get 6 hours of life. Don't be too hung up on it. It could be that you were too stressed out that your brain focused on reorganizing information instead of healing you. Give it time.

According to WebMD, there are new studies that suggest having proper sleep even helps reduce the chance for cancer! It is because sleep is your body's way to recover. When you sleep, all other bodily functions get suppressed, allowing your body to release hormones to fix whatever damage you suffer throughout the day. Sleep normalizes your body and reduces energy consumption thus allowing more energy to be used to recover, so sleep more if you're stressed out. Don't play computer games, go to sleep.

It's like RPG, you continue to kill monsters, but you're not getting anywhere because you need to sleep to level up. If you don't sleep, you will not level up. Similar in a way to Stardew Valley.

14. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm usually atleast a bit stressed all the time and don't have any foolproof ways to deal with it. There will always be something to worry about. What helps me the most is having a free day (Sundays for me) when I don't have work and don't have any plans and do absolutely nothing. I'll stay in bed till noon. Won't leave the house. Read whatever, watch whatever, sketch, just do things I enjoy. This way, all the stress I've built up throughout the week can disintegrate to a level I'm able to handle until I have time to relax again and that's how I manage to function.
    Sadly I tend to have stuff to do on most Sundays as well but atleast I have part of the day to myself

mir and Lurking like this.
  15. Spnagi

Spnagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite song, Funny video, Novel and video game.

16. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I shower, eat, sleep, then leave my work to the tmr me

Kubera likes this.
  17. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What about wetdreams?

18. Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I am doing goood~ gonna get back to hw soon. how are you?

19. Kikae

Kikae Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly that's me, tomorrow me can handle it and if not, there's always next next day me
    More seriously tho, when things gets really stressful, I would usually try to just get a day off or away from everything and just get some time to relax and not worry about things

Kubera, MasterCuddler and mir like this.
  20. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read
    I sleep
    I dance
    I listen to soothing music
    I play mindless computer games
    I also (unfortunately) scratch :sushi_dead:

The majority of the things I do is to distract myself from my thoughts when stressed because they usually either keep getting more and more negative, or they keep looping over mistakes I've made, or a combination of the two.
    The dancing removes some of the tension though, gets some of the energy out, especially when I have some anger about something.
    Another thing that can help is a nice shower. Sometimes I zone out while in the shower and think of all the negative stuff, but it's somehow easier to think calmly about things while in there. Plus warm water is good for relaxing muscles so, showers are a good idea too.
    Sometimes I'll treat myself to a nice meal from a restaurant on a bad day. It feels nice and can lift my mood.
    If I had the choice to, I'd also go somewhere quiet and look at plants. For some reason just sitting and zoning out looking at alot of greenary can sometimes flip a switch in my brain and it just goes very silent for awhile (which is bad for thinking, but very good for getting out of the spin cycle of negative thoughts)

I'm ok, but pretty stressed out. It's all the time lately. Though it was also 'most of the time' before, so it's not really that big of a difference. :sushi_sigh: But I'm really feeling the lack of a breather in between stressful bits.........

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019