Discussion Why does SAO's fans keep making SAO worst?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Havisu, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    And their opinions are absolute too; sao is the best anime, sao is the first isekai anime, sao is the anime that started the isekai/trapped in game trends. Etc.. which is completely bullshyt.

Even if i love monogatari series soo fking much, i wont said its the best anime and other animes are beneath it

You're mistaken one thing brother, you are not normal now, its they who are normal and plebeians, you on the other hand, have ascended into true weebhood.

You means that overlord fan YouTube channel? Aren't he lukewarm? At least when i saw them, i f
    felt pity to them lol

0000000 likes this.
  2. jingsen

jingsen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not bothered with watching SAO now as its in the harem collecting genre which I avoid like a plague. "Oh a new girl that is not a villain? Its your fate to join the growing harem of a "beta" protagonist who can't reject them decisively". I even see quite a few people post "welcome to the harem" comments in some trailers of the anime that features Alice.

I find that attitude really disgusting tbh. I used to think SAO was decent, but that was when I was young, foolish and not exposed to NU novels and bad harem stories. I can't even see a girl in SAO now without automatically thinking that the girls will fall for the main character aka Kirito

Sabruness and 0000000 like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I genuinely felt sad when Eugeo died just so Kiritard can get into Alice's panties...

Then was visibly disgusted (yet inwardly intrigued) by someone mentioning a GB Eugeo... good lord....

jersanxx1 and Havisu like this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I only ascend when I learn the actual weeb words, (Informal) Japanese, Jenglish and the assorted Jap language mixed with German/ French/ Spanish and others.

5. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    so do i, i used to be fans of the WN until alicization arc

0000000 likes this.
  6. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    True. When someone else got crush with a girl who are not villain, they would be used like tissue, and the user of the tissue is kirito, the target of when using those tissue is the girl the tissue got crush with. After the tissue have lost it uses, it was thrown into garbage bin and kirito automatically got the crush..

0000000 likes this.
  7. ADABANA

ADABANA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love kirito in the current season.he is so silent and cool you would almost think his brain got fried from always being hook in

into a game

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    0000000 and kenar like this.
  8. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia doesn't mean harem. Just like 'historical', shounen, or others mean harem. It just happens that male chinese, japanese and a portion of korean authors do make a large swath of fan service or wish fulfilment. Harem, like romance, is just an additional tag and subgenre.

Xianxia is Chinese fantasy featuring dao or other ancient chinese style focus.

Wuxia is chinese martial arts genre, with magic, dao or other things unsually not focused on.

Xuanhuan is hybrid fantasy that isn't specifically xianxia; it can be 'western influence' but not necessarily so. (Edit: corrected a typo)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    0000000 likes this.
  9. jingsen

jingsen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A GB Eugeo sounds like its right up my alley.:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    But ya, Eugeo and Alice could have been a redeeming factor of the SAO series that would make me watch alicialization, but then they went the cliche route of sacrificing the only other active male named Eugeo, and having Alice and kirito spend "quality" time together(though kirito is a vegetable).

0000000 and Havisu like this.
  10. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    theyve already done that actually

0000000 likes this.
  11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Xuanhuan actually.

drewjn and 0000000 like this.
  12. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    And by making alice spend "quality" time with kirito, she will feels more and more love toward him, while since he was vegetable, he wont develop any feeling toward her at all, and so her being in harem would be justified. This author still doesn't learn anything from backlash he got. He still want kirito to get another girl, just like trophy, except that this time it would be justified

0000000 likes this.
  13. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mistakes happen, but thank you for the grammar policing.

0000000 likes this.
  14. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I read SAO novel series and I like those stories, what I don't like from the series are those clingy girls except Asuna who want to be kirito girlfriend. Seriously just one girl is already enough for him.

0000000 likes this.
  15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually don't try to correct everyone's grammar but this is an actual term so I needed to make sure that someone else who's reading this know the right word to avoid confusion in the future.

drewjn and 0000000 like this.
  16. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I love threads like this. In my humble opinion a good novel, anime, film shows something new or touch the viewer emotional somehow.

If you ask me I would give counter with Shuffle! Also, a harem-romance-ecchi and start the argumentation, if it romances, cross worlds/dimensions. not on earth I would start with Vision of Escaflowne etc.

The Fanboys of SAO which has some wish fulfillment for mostly teenagers. I could now start with that each 2-4 years there is such a “good” harem-romance-ecchi etc it is the new generation that has not seen older anime of it kind. So they are on it the business wave that keeps the show go on.
    Edit: And there is nothing wrong with that.

0000000 likes this.
  17. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I want my KiritoXEugeo back. Sadly that won't happen :blob_teary:

Irie, Bright_Lucky_Star and 0000000 like this.
  18. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fine. I corrected it and only meant to thank you for it.

19. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think most people attack, it or it's fanbase, because of it being average or mediocre. It is more of the continuing exaggeration said fans vocally and consistently make of it. I personally don't bother with joining the convo as it happens to series all the time.

There will always be a new series pushed by salivating fans that are willing to insult other series and fandoms. It's par for the course now. At least it is still worth giving credit when it starts a trend (for better or worse).

I usually only but in when a term or subject is blatantly misrepresented during a debate. Granted, when they are usually the type to go into something like a 'waifu wars' and shout "just look at her!", I rarely expect much anyways.

thepope likes this.
  20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's partly because it's mediocre but mostly because the fanbase push it like it's divine gospel and the best thing to happen to the weeb world EVER.

Years back, i tried watching SAO. I ended up seriously considering banging my head against a wall just to purge that burning garbage from my mind. Normally, i'd be meh and not care after that. It's the fanbase that made me join the 'anti-SAO' camp. To me, now, SAO seems like a stereotypical CN cultivation novel, just with a beta edgelord protag.

LITERALLY the ONLY good thing to come from SAO is the separate and infinitely better GGO series