Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't this also stand to reason that a TV drama would never have been made off her novel if she is in this much trouble for said novel?

2. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agree. At the same time, Tencent is still riding off success from Untamed and has a lot of investment on Xiao Zhan's future projects. So indirectly or directly, I dont think MZDS as a franchise will be effected either now or immediate future. There is still a movie to come out and a game, and maybe a Korea fanmeet. After that, who knows..

3. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finally received the Taiwanese special edition of the novel!!!! It is soooooo gorgeous:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Ignore the fluffy feline furball :blobsnow: He is very shy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So much worth it. The art of 千二百 is sooooo beautiful and the extras are very nice (and Taiwanese version means no censure :blobowoevil_horns:). I'm very glad I bought it, even if it will take me a few years to be able to read it and my wallet is crying on a corner :blobcheeky:
    And this afeternoon I want to watch the CQL movie the living dead (I found it with subs :blobparty:). I found some comments on twitter that say that Wen Ning is a bit OOC-ish, but I still have curiosity.

4. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But calling it untamed was that part of the deal.. they could never reference her work publically

5. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking a question or making a statement?

If it's a question- I do not have the slightest idea.

If it's a statement- Could it really be that simple? Change the title of the drama you are basing off a novel that is having political controversy and you're ok?

6. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Untamed thanked the author at the end for giving us the amazing characters. Plus... everyone knows :)

I think they changed the name to disassociate itself with donghua which had the same name and released by Tencent as well. Plus the changes in the plotlines was more acceptable, hence they said it was 'loosely' based on MoDaoZuShi.

7. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone seen the 'Living Dead' yet?

I have seen it, and its free on Kissasian site. Would like to start the discussion but maybe some of you havent seen it yet?

8. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    yup hope the yiling laozu one come out at tat website ahhaha

nope so far haven see any news on it shall get those for my own christmas present by myself to my self MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns: though aft tat will be eatin grass ahhahahah :blob_teary::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

just checked the trackin info and OMG ITS STILL IN JAPANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN havent even ship out of japan fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk i think end of nov den will get omg die la this one sooooooooooo not goin to order from atai japan. anymore aft this:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ya they hav like so mani poses and even hav those mini clothes, hair, shoes etc and i saw one post on twitter the person said tat they got a few new face plates cause they don like lan zhan face plate ahhahahahhahah LOLOLOL:blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat::blobsweat:. but wonderin where they get those sia and will cost even more sia like tat though on one hand u can make mani poses and do other stuff like change clothes shoes, face, hair and its more interesting ahhahah

ikr im like waaaaaaaaaaaaa these ppl r so hardcore sia get other face expressions plate and those mini clothes, shoes and hair and change here and there. i see a lot of those improvies style of nendos not onli wangxian, maybe mostly wangxian but unless its tag wangxian i won knw cause they change the face and hair so im like huh wangxian??????????????? some time the caption nvr say anything tat say its wangxian ahhaha just say like ahhhhhhhhh tried new thing etc ahhaha

Sauling likes this.
  9. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen it, here are my impressions:
    I actually enjoyed the movie despite its flaws. It is entertaining in its own right, not brilliant, but very entertainig. But it leaves me with the impression that they somehow looked between scripts of a xianxia movie and inerted two chracters of ChenQingLing and heavily promoted as an extra part of canon so they could gain a bigger audience that most probably would not be able to achieve as a complete original movie.
    First of all, Wen Ning. I was actually warned about it, and I can confirm it: He is so Out Of Character in this movie. None of his awkwardness, cuteness and overall adorable behaviour. They seem to handwave the changes of his character as "time passed and he found his own way". Which seems to imply that finding his own motives, goals in life independent of Wei Ying means saying goodbye to his personality traits, which is kind of a pet peeeve of mine in storytelling. It ended up working opposite: instead of a character growing up, it ended up flattening his character, making him more of a generic xianxia big bro. Moreover, I feel that that his internal conflict about being a "living puppet" is already past over by the end of the original series, and not that big of a problem with him originally (it was more of a sense of blonging and what to do with his life past the demise of his family).

Lan Sizhui is adorable, and all of my criticism of Wen Ning being out of Character doesn't apply here. He is our same lovable junior. I have no complains on his part.
    The plot was fun, even if I have this feeling that it does not seem very related with the world of CQL (just add de Yin Iron and hope that no one will notice xD). If they developed more the love triangle it would have added a lot more to the movie. I must confess, even if the scene of Xiao Qing catching the flying bird lantern reminded me of Xiaolongnu of Condor Heroes catching sparrows, I found it and the lantern family business very beautiful. Maybe because this summer I enjoyed a lot walking on the streets of Hoi An? xD But the plot twist of this love triangle was easy to guess knowing we still had left 30 min of movie.

The ending felt rushed to me. First, come on, I love rock music, but this sudden power-up came from nowhere and made for a few unintentional laughs. And second, the final fate of Zhao Yi makes no sense to me. Don't understand how making him the "not-really-a-zombie" works as a punishment for him?
    It sounds a lot worse than I expected. I repeat, I still enjoyed the movie. But I don't feel it really as a CQL movie.

10. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys.. UNTAMED AUDIO CD Package is finally up for Pre Order in their TaoBao shop!!!!

Was up at 2am my time to order this :) hopefully they will release it soon!!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    YaoiMom22 likes this.
  12. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFV3b16dbFMiuon5G4CNKA/community?lb=UgwNBRnhisK6W8zHQmZ4AaABCQ

So I just saw this from my youtube feed, and I'm wondering what on earth provoked XZ's and YB's hardcore fans do something nasty to their "rival" celebrities (specifically or othewise), what exactly happened, what was posted that eventually led things to spiral out of control...:hmm:

After all the bts'es, interviews, the few times when both stars stood on the same stage, they always looked friendly and candid with each other, and give ample fanservice to everyone no matter whether it's directed to a XZ-only, YB-only or cp fan. There's always 50% XZ smiling and waving on screen plus singing, also 50% YB doing the same with cool dance moves as cherry on the cake, and on top of that, 100% of both of them looking/grinning at each other and patting on each other's back. Am I missing something here? :blobconfused:

One week after Nanjing, I think I'm well on my way to recovery from the addiction. I don't look up my feeds every other minute and get triggered as much as I used to everytime someone posts an old picture or clip from Untamed.

Congrats XZ for winning the most handsome award, you deserve it.
    And thank you for gracing today's Star newspaper pullout with your mind-blowing gucci fashion which I always want to set on fire, because I still think fondly of your Wei Wuxian costume and other more, say, business-suit and adult/mature-looking photoshoots :blobjoy: *just kidding* :cookie:

Off note, XZ's latest "tiger" MV is silly and strangely sexy (a wtf moment there). YB's "candy crush" jig is so cute, I want to make him into an animated wallpaper on my handphone...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:
    I have to say I'm walking with you on the same path, though singing a different tune. I'm starting to lose interest in Untamed, and MDZS has never really been that high up in my life's "List Of Things To Fangirl Over" (until Untamed came like a firestorm and left a trail of destruction in my Summer 2019 life :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:)

I asked the same question when I heard rumours about MXTX getting arrested and yadayadayada.. maybe it's the same wild old story being resurrected again from time to time. I would agree with the posters that if this was indeed true, then Tencent (or whoever is managing the franchise) would have ceased all distribution and promotions of Untamed immediately, and even pull the plug the other upcoming MXTX works.

I'm not a kpop fan and totally ignorant about the groups (sorry)... but I did see a few clips of XZ/with his band doing some EXO numbers and accompanied with info about his interests on that group. Totally harmless, I guess.. XZ mentioned he idolizes one female singer (can't remember the name), so does that singer get pulled into controversy too? :blobwhistle:

I'm interested to know, just what the heck are kpop fangirls saying that bring drama across two unrelated fandoms?
    Did someone say "Oh, he likes XXXX , and XXXX sucks, so the show he acts in and the novel that the show is based on also sucks" ??? :hmm::hmm::hmm: How inane can the conversation be?

What's the complaint about the extras? Did people complain about the plot, or something else? :blobpopcorn_two:

Please share, for my "academic research purpose" :blobspy:

Thank you! I keep forgetting to say my thanks although I'm always one of those who queue up to download the stuff you offer :aww:
    And now I will have to brush up on my Discord skills...
    I still follow your Untamed subs because it's the best among the rest... :blob_plusone:

And I shall continue to work on my wangxian fic, which is the only thing that keeps me tied to this fandom. I saw a couple of really steamy fanarts on twitter recently, and that lit my fire :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

14. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weibo is highly unregulated. Some Anti-Fans (who are active fans of XZ) posted things like death threats among others on WYB's page. This has been going on for quite a few months, so I'm glad Yehuwa is finally taking an action. Couple of things missing on YT's post:

1. Yibo and his team were given around 26 to 28 accounts to sue. He chose the ones with user names that didnt have 'xiaozhan' or 'Daytoy' in it. This is so a secondary celebrity (XZ) doesn't get legally implicated or be forced to defend himself or his fans. This whole event had been PR regulated very well, as usually in cases like these the second celebrity fans get extremely defensive and throws counterattack. But it hasn't happened yet.

2. Secret Garden (XZ's post) has been archived by XZ, again due to legal implications. Last few months that post had ended up being a den for Yibo haters as well without any form of control. Those posts have been archived and can be viewed by XZ only or can be provided as evidence if needed be.

This whole thing has nothing to do with XZ and Yibo's personal relationship, but honestly I think Yibo has had enough, and I'm glad he and his agency is finally standing up for the scheming haters.

15. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Death threats - ok, I get that. Totally not cool to say "go die" to someone famous who doesn't know you, and just because that someone gets more screentime on the telly than your favourite star.
    It's probably written in some China law that stuff like this can land people in jail too. So citizens who send death threats should, by all means, get sued and let the legal system takes its course.

Though.. I'm more interested in the thinking process and psychology behind this. What do the Anti-YB fans say (in XZ's secret garden or wherever else), and what do Anti-XZ fans say?

This reminds me of a clip I caught on twitter... I think it was right after the Nanjing concert, and someone livestreamed their walk out of the stadium. The poster was probably still feeling high and screaming stuff like 'bjyxszd' and 'szd' joined by other like-minded concertgoers. Then someone shouted back 'i love XZ' or 'i love WYB' and there was like a screaming match going between rabid fangirls for a couple of minutes.

If I translate this to modern English, the conversation would sound like this:
    CP fangirl: XZ and WYB are meant to be together.
    XZ fangirl, anti-others: I love XZ!
    YB fangirl, anti-others: I love WYB!
    And then, all three fangirls do stupid things like start catfights, flame wars and send death threats online.

The logic fails me :blobexpressionless:

16. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ice skaters dancing to WUJI
    Its WUJI on ice... I'm crying

YaoiMom22, setsuna3025 and Xea like this.
  17. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuji is the universal anthem of love !!! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

I really like the first couple of seconds when they performed some martial arts movements on ice skates. Extremely applause-worthy!!!

All those twirling when the the OP played reminded me so much of the fighting scenes in Untamed, because everyone was basically spinning around on wires too... :blobokhand:

I wish we can see Ice-skating performances by two males (like what happened at the end of YOI) - that would be THE DANCE of a lifetime...!

18. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:

When is the release or shipping date?

I thought it would be out today, so I waited in vain in my usual hang-out places... :blobsweat:

19. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the link - copy paste on browser instead of clicking directly. I managed to pre book mine, they initially will relesase 20000 now, and 30000 in the next batch.
    https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/de...rue&short_name=h.esyq5It&sm=0514f0&app=chrome

They will start shipping sometime in dec.

20. sayu9913

sayu9913 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe I remember that video! While some fans thought they were quite brave to shout out like that, some thought it was quite immature for them to shout out BJYX and attract attention, till now most of the BJYX has been quite under the radar specially since Xiaozhan's bday stunts. And we would like to keep it that way :):)

I think because CBiz is so competitive and branded, fans forget they are humans. Knocking someone from above will always give the one below a boost up, and Xiao Zhan has been slaying all leaderboards since August this year. Hence along with comes fake rumors, slander, threats etc. Its so sad!!