LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His sword skills he learned the "right way", but he didn't retain any of them after traveling back to the past. There's no reason to believe that his system granted skills and cultivation knowledge would be any different.

Astaroth and Westeller like this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you put it that way, I'm not sure sealing his sword skills made any sense to begin with. It's one thing for the arts that could hurt him, bizarre as that is, but for stuff that's pure knowledge? Like a cultivation method would be? That's no different from the rest of his memories and experiences, really. Time spent practicing the sword is lost while time spent on general events is retained? Nonsense.

But maybe it's more nuanced. I'm not rereading it now to get a finer understanding.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So I assume that because the cultivators from the other cultivation world have no Tianma they'll be extra susceptible to heart devils or w/e and MC will use the vase to make the Tianma invade that other world.

Maybe that will even shift the demon's attention a bit? Now the demons supposedly prey on the weak and stay way from the strong, so the other cultivation world would generally be avoided by the demons, but if they're weak to Tianma then that might not be the case.

Also something to consider is that the Tianma can possess others, like with the demon/spirit beasts and that general. So they'll have even higher leveled cultivators to possess there.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C275: Why would all the swords sacrifice themselves to kill him now and not back when he murdered their owners?

That aside, Why would he even be willing to come through the portal at that time? He knew that the MC's shifu was undergoing her tribulation. All she had to do was drag her tribulation to him and they would have died together. Its not a worthwhile risk to take when he can just wait a bit and finish the job after his tribulation is over.

C276: "I’ve only ever given help and have never received it” Not true. If that were true, she'd have died or been enslaved long ago. Her own stories about her past make this extremely clear.

"Even if the Quest fails, the reward shall not be rescinded because you will be dead" lol. Captain Obvious here ;)

"I’ll think of a way to fix you up!" Isn't this normally a threat?

As soon as I saw carp in the list, I knew he'd pick it, but I'm surprised it didn't turn into anything dragon related.

That aside, it should be extremely useful for killing anyone hiding behind a barrier, or on the other side of a portal. Though, its really far too similar to Ground Shrink otherwise.

C277: “Shifu, I also want to ask you for a scripture” She already gave him her entire library. He doesn't need to ask her for anything.

C278: If he wants to figure out how to lead Tianma to the enemy's world, then why not get all the help he can with the plan? Heck, his shifu might have already gathered the necessary intel and just not thought of this plan.

If the MC had learned formations, he could have left a trap at his location to immobilize the guy he switched with while he killed his friend. What's worse is, he actually has all the info and soul points he needs to learn such a formation.

Also, why didn't he go ahead and break through again before doing this? He's in a hurry to level up as fast as possible, right?

"They’ve only just left, so even if they don’t return for a short while, no one would notice." Unless they've got a way of detecting when their members die, which is likely considering how fast the venerables' deaths were noticed.

5. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely because of shock. I've always thought of these swords as pokemons, when their masters got killed the first time around, they were in shock and were unable to mount anything that remotely resembles resistance, but now that they know their masters are already dead, they decided to just die with them
    No he doesn't. He's essentially the head of a huge organization, he wouldn't pay attention to the level-up of someone who's not even as strong as his commanders. Of course it still begs the question of why he would willingly drag his Tribulation to where MC is, since anyone entering the range of another's Tribulation would increase its power regardless if they're going through Tribulation or not. I guess this is a plot hole?

Is it? I really have no idea.

Formality i guess? You'd want to inform your master if you're about to learn a potentially dangerous skill. I think this might also be why she just gave it to him without any question, since he knew he could've learnt it without asking her, but he still chose to ask
    There's a spoilery reason for this
    I mean, the two Verenable were stated to be the Zishan young master's disciples who has a soul link with him. I doubt two no-bodies who are basically being isolated from the rest of the camp would receive the same treatment.

6. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    No? She would have died, unable to overcome the now incredibly strengthened tribulation, but it's quite possible he would still be able to overcome his own. After all, she's just a Sainted realm cultivator. Would you fail a Rejuvenation realm tribulation if a Foundation Establishment cultivator tried to attack you in the middle of it? Probably not, right?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure he would know. They pulled back their Venerables specifically to set up a trap for her so that they could attack while she was trying to break through. Considering everything involved in such a massive trap, it would only be normal for them to have kept him in the loop about it.
    Its how I've normally seen it used in translations. They may have been translating a different idiom in the same way though.
    The increase in tribulation strength is normally not small, regardless of who joins it. It's not that he'd be facing a sainted realm tribulation. He'd be facing his own tribulation but amplified by some unknown factor that varies from series to series.

Arkeus likes this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh what the actual fuck? I figured the plan was to use the Tianma to deal with the invaders one way or another.

But making a deal with them? As if that would actually work? And he just handed the vase over from the get go???

Honestly that's pretty BS to me. (Though Gu Qingshan knowing how to somehow use the vase to connect to the Tianma's world would also be a bit BS, but at least he does have the War Soul System so...)

Westeller likes this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C279: "The cultivator came up to the door, knocked and started speaking." How do you knock on a tent door?

Shadow Shift is limited to things within the range of his inner sight, right? Why would he need to physically see anything within the tent in order to swap with it? And why was he even able to use his inner sight on anything within the formation without setting it off? Isn't that a massive security loop hole?

Why didn't the system ask him if he wanted to learn the formation from that plate? And why didn't he steal all the formation making supplies? Not only are they extremely valuable, but taking them would also massively inconvenience if not cripple the enemy camp.

C280: Why would he need to talk to them? He could just send the vase through to the other world. They would think it was nothing more than a low grade treasure for traveling to other worlds, and might even be stupid enough to use it to travel to the tianma world themselves with thoughts of plunder. Even if they didn't, they wouldn't know to shield it and it would act as a beacon leading the tianma to that world.

Failing that, he could just hand that first tianma the formation plate and tell her that it led to a world untouched by her people where at least two men unfamiliar with tianma were currently undergoing high level tribulations near the plate's exit point. She'd be ecstatic and turn it over to her master for a massive reward without him having to make any deals whatsoever.
    I don't think he handed it over. I think he just showed it to her so her master would have a good reason to come. It's still pretty stupid though since he's not strong enough to stop her from simply killing him and taking it.

Astaroth and Westeller like this.
  10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm confused, too. Gotta say, though, that this way is definitely more interesting.

11. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah he's plenty strong enough, idk if you noticed but he literally had his sword at her neck during the entire exchange, threatening her while making her help him contact her master.

No idea, the author used the word for "tent", but i think there might've been wooden structures like what the outpost in ch1 had.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler so i'm going to put this here
    Inner sight is such a commonly used thing that everyone who is a cultivator will notice a different cultivator using it, bascially it's like shining a flash light. Which is why he had to confirm with his vision and not his inner sight that there aren't any people in the way.
    As for the second part, if the formation reacts to every inner sight that passes through, it would be useless, because the people inside uses inner sight as well. If you're asking why they don't just shut it off while inside the camp, it's like asking a person with 360 degrees eyesight that can extend up to several miles to only look ahead, it's limiting and the bad outweighs the good

Because "might" isn't good enough. He's literally desperate enough to make a deal with the devils (or in this case, the Tianma), it's hardly guaranteed, but it's a better shot than anything else he can think of. Also, how would he even send it over in the first place? The formation plate is one-time use, and once it's used, it's broken forever, which makes your follow up suggestion impossible.

Let's say that the cultivators in the other world actually found the vase and doesn't destroy or seal it away, it seems putting it inside their storing items works about as well as sealing it, considering how MC managed to hold on to the vase without any disturbance by any Tianma until he actually needed to call them.

This is based on the assumption that she or her master will actually believe him, which btw is unlikely because he just threw the most priceless treasure of the Tianma into another world that they've never been to before( if we're following your suggestion).

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you see the problem isn't the Tianma he met first, it's her master that's the problem...

As for him having to contact the Tianma, I guess he kind of is forced to do that now that you mention it. At first I was thinking that he should just go to the other world himself and use the vase then TP back, but it did say that the formation would only work one more time, so he would have to somehow kill the young master and steal his formation disk... So that's basically even worse of an idea than contacting the Tianma (though I'm sure if this was ATG that's exactly what Yun Che would do and it would be a 'brilliant' plan that worked out with 0 plot armor... ;^) ).

Though this reminds me of something else, if the purple robed young master only had two formation disks or w/e that can only allow one to move between worlds twice, then haven't they already used them too many times or at least they shouldn't be able to use them any more?

First the entire group went to shen wu world, then the young master went back for his tribulation (as well as his followers to bait the divine spirit armor & the swords), then those guys from above sainted realm (forgot what it was called, P something?) came back and MC killed them.

Now, that should be at least 3 uses, right? So if the formation disk that's left in Shen Wu world (which MC just stole), then shouldn't the disk the young master have have 0 charges left? How does he plan to go back to Shen Wu would after his tribulation?

I guess he could make more? but then clearly he didn't spend all his resources just to get 2 like it said in the chapter. Of course maybe that subordinate didn't have complete information, but still...

13. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a quote from ch279
    he didn't only make 2, he made more, but there's only 2 of them left after the many uses

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh my bad. Ty clearing that one up though

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure I see the point in using the vase to send the enemy to the tianma's world. They should be more than capable of killing him in his own world given his total lack of preparedness for her kind. They're very hard to deal with without specialized tools.
    He had his sword at the neck of a weakling. The person he called for would not be a weakling, and might well be at the Virtualized or Projection realm, either of which is strong enough to squash him like a bug.
    The very next line stated that the tent opened in response to the knocking. Unless the tents are made of wood somehow, it still doesn't really make sense to me.
    My "failing that" was more of a "if he doesn't feel like doing that, then he can do this other thing instead", not "if that other thing fails, then he can do this". Though I can certainly understand why you'd have interpreted it that way.

As for whether or not they'd believe him, they wouldn't need to. They can just send a disposable scout using the formation plate and have them immediately return. They'd only need to go long enough to get the world's coordinates so that they could monitor it for a bit to see if any other tianma had laid claim to it. Considering that there are, at absolute minimum, two people already undergoing their tribulations, it shouldn't take very long at all to verify that the world is unclaimed. Once that's established, they can start flooding the world in a feeding frenzy. They'd probably want to go slowly at first in case the world was protected, but its not like they don't risk death every time they feed anyway, so going for the MC's two enemies who are undergoing their tribulations would make for excellent test cases with minimal risks.

Astaroth likes this.
  16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's exactly what MC doesn't want them to do. What he's lacking right now is time, that's the main reason why he's so desperate that he would resort to making a deal with the Tianma instead of playing it smart and use safer methods like bait-and-switch or luring them like you said. The Tianma representative said it herself, their master wouldn't act against a Virtualized realm unless she's sure about being able to kill them, so I'd presume that the Tianma doing everything that you're suggesting here wouldn't take just 1-2 days, perhaps even a week at least.

MC's goal up to this point is to save his Shifu, some how push her off her destiny of death, not to kill every single cultivator in the other world by colluding with the Tianma, and certainly not give the Tianma a free pass to a "food stock" that they can simply go to whenever they like. Making a deal with them and if he succeed( which we know he will because plot reasons) will at least ensure that they will cooperate with his plan with his timing instead of forming their own.

Astaroth and jacobpaige like this.
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "It was now that he wore the rattle." Wouldn't that make it rattle every time he moved his hand?

I wonder why they're so worried about a Virtualization realm cultivator that's completely unprepared for them, and why he didn't tell them that the target was undergoing his tribulation and was much easier to attack than even a normal unaware person.

On a slightly different topic, why did the MC need to explain what a tianma was the first time he was in Shen Mu World? If they didn't know, then how had all the cultivators not died out already? It's not like the tianma weren't in the cultivation world, or would be willing to hold back when facing so many unaware cultivators. It's also not like he was explaining it to loose cultivators. They were all people selected by the greatest formations master in the world and/or a rising star of the cultivation world from one of the strongest sects in the world. They were definitely not nobodies.

Astaroth likes this.
  18. Eunusss

Eunusss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    allow me to say you guys are nuts, how are you writing so much xD

19. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably easy enough to insert a small continuous amount of ki in the rattle to prevent it from shaking unless you want it.

I'm sure they're worried about the Virtualization cultivator strictly because of power level. Unless you can completely take them out before they realize what's going on, they will be able to counter attack. Much like a person with a machine gun getting the jump on a tank with its hatch open. If you can get to the hatch and spray inside and get everyone you're golden, however if they close the hatch, you're effed.

If I recall correctly, Tianma would normally show up only when a cultivator was making a breakthrough. All of the cultivators in their world has specific formations for defending against the Tianma and you really only got powerful Tianma once you got past a certain cultivation level. On Shen Mu world you had powerful Tianma wandering around invisible ready to attack cultivators not during breakthrough. That's basically a risk the cultivators weren't used to. Plus they were invisible so the lower level cultivators wouldn't be able to detect them.

20. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naturally it's because the author jumped the gun and wanted to introduced them to us early :p. If you really think about it, all the Tianma did when it was first introduced is to show that there are different kinds of demons that can kill them in different ways, they had no significant otherwise.