Spoiler I am a Witch Requested by My Crush to Make Love Potion

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by 7174PK, Oct 22, 2019.

1. 7174PK

7174PK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-am-a-witch-requested-by-my-crush-to-make-love-potion/
    Synopsis:
    ne day, the ‘Good Witch of the Lake’ was asked by her crush to make a love potion, and thus, was heartbroken.

–If this is the first and the last, then let me be together with him for at least a little bit longer.

To at least extend the time, she began ordering as many materials as she could. That’s when the Knight took a notice of her staple food–a lettuce. For somewhat unknown reason, the Knight began to come and eat as well.

Starring a Hikikomori witch with lettuce as her nutrients source, and the serious yet also arrogant Knight–a romantic tale that started from a Love Potion.

Spoiler please~

Ivy012345, cutynight, Xi-hime and 6 others like this.
  2. Kanishka Kushram

Kanishka Kushram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please!!!!

3. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
  4. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
  5. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she end up with the guy she likes?

6. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, I think this is the link to the raws? I’m not sure since can’t Japanese.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9512f k/

If someone finds out more about the plot, could you please tell me if the ML stays in the service of the prince? Since the prince treated the MC so badly?

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Xi-hime and syofiaa like this.
  7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a manga on this light novel. I wanna know some spoilers :blob_plusone:

8. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    link to the manga?

9. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    - Her crush the knight slowly fall in love with her and gets to know her. With a healthy dose of lust because he saw her naked when she came out of the lake from her bath and realized she is exactly his type.
    - She meets the Princess that she thought her crush was in love with. Princess was planning on using the potion on herself to make herself fall in love with her old husband and by the end of the story she is already pregnant with her hubby's child.
    - People begin with ML's help understand their baseless bigotry against her, and come to realize all her potions make it possible for their lives to be easier.
    - The violent thief comes to her house and plans on violating her. ML to the rescue and KO's so quickly it became anti-climatic.
    - The guards come to MC's house accusing her of housing the thief and plans on roughing her up. MC is desperately protecting the ML because she doesn't want to ruin his reputation. ML has enough of their shit and pulls rank on them (he is the Knight Commander and of high noble rank). Then throw some sarcasm their way, "Sorry my face looks like a criminals."
    - The Prince accuses the MC of poisoning people, and arrests her.
    - Turns out its the brocon's younger sister who admires witches who accidentally made poison and turns out to be a witch herself.
    - The Prince tries to eat shit and backtrack in a huffy manner. MC is having none of it and doses the Prince with a potion to humiliate himself.
    - The story ends with people seeing ML and MC dance in a ball with their engagement affirmed. People gossiping that shouldn't the MC be centuries old (they're probably referring to her now dead grandmother) and that she used spells to make herself look young. MC shakes off their words since the ones saying that were women who have been long thirsty for ML.
    - MC has a merchant friend who has been looking after for a long time and is now relieved like a daddy giving his daughter away to a good man.

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole story is fully translated so anyone who reads the spoiler here should go and read it. It's super fluffy and fun.

Shizun and syofiaa like this.
  11. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    53622.jpeg
    20200828_202242.jpg 20200828_202244.jpg
    20200828_202146.jpg 20200828_202150.jpg 20200828_202215.jpg 20200828_202226.jpg
    (And yes, two last arts were on coverartist Twitter, but they are prob manga artist arts)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  13. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    it was all a misunderstanding. she thought ml was going to use it on the princess. however, he was orders of the princess to retrieve the love potion on her behalf. when she realized the misunderstanding she snuck out the castle to go see the witch ml came to fall for, and explained why he asked her for the love potion. it was for her to use because she is being married out to a foreign country to some old king. she probably won't be able to fall in love with the king without help so she wanted a love potion to life easier for herself.

im_trash42, Elisee, Opelia and 15 others like this.
  14. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets name our lil boy Soldierro:blobtaco:
    Since it's funny :')

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  15. DDHW

DDHW Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found out about this novels with the manga, looks cute but more importantly, is there any 2nd ML or love triangle ?
    I curse every novel which has those.

ketchupblood and Mikaa like this.
  16. ketchupblood

ketchupblood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No love triangle, except in the MC's head before the misunderstanding about who actually needs the love potion gets cleared up.

Xi-hime, syofiaa, Mikaa and 1 other person like this.
  17. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I can’t possibly be the only one who’s really disturbed by a certain series of events in this novel.
    The ML serves directly under the prince as a knight. The prince arrests MC on false charges, takes her captive and proceeds to beat her. The ML rushes in to save her, but after everything is said and done, he still remains in service of his ‘master’. You know, the same one who beat the shit out of his wife and probably left her with some serious lasting trauma. Then the MC gets the ‘honor’ to attend a ball with the guy who beat her up participating.

Now picture an equivalent in real life. Your fiancé works at a company. You go visit him there, and you run into his boss. The boss then proceeds to accuse you of stealing some classified documents from his office, punches you in the stomach, and proceeds to have security take you into custody until the police arrive. Your boyfriend shows up with the documents in hand. Turns out he needed them for something and you weren’t the one who took them. He gives his boss a glare and takes you home. A week later, you find out that the boss successfully evaded any charges for assault, the boyfriend is still working for him, because the boss is an old friend of his father and your bf feels indebted to him. To top it all off, you’ve been invited to attend a social function with your boyfriend organized by his boss’s family. You know, the family of the guy who took you captive and socked you a few days earlier.

Does any of this sound like a good model for a relationship?

And before anyone gets on my case about this being a medieval-ish setting, where a knight was bound by honor and stuff, please remember that this is specifically a fantasy setting, where the author can play around with the social norms as they see fit. Not to mention, the focus is on romance, not historical accuracy. It’s not supposed to depict realistic relationships between a royal and a knight, it’s supposed to deliver a satisfying love story. And how can a love story be satisfying, knowing that your s/o has sworn an oath of fealty to a guy who captured you and physically assaulted you, and that your s/o is still perfectly willing to serve under him despite all that. This is a problem I have with many knight-centric romance novels. How can a relationship be fulfilling if you live your entire life knowing that the person you dedicated your love to can only put half of his own love and loyalty into the relationship, because he’s been mentally conditioned to unquestioningly serve whoever sits on the big shiny chair? His oath of fealty basically means that if the king orders him to run a sword through you, he has to do it.

This mentality of blind loyalty is so prevalent in many Japanese works, and I honestly can’t stomach it. And it would be okay (read: I could avoid it) if it were only found in stuff like historical novels or dark takes on the human psyche, but it just pops up in random (supposedly lighthearted) romance novels, sometimes about 40-50 chapters in (as was the case here), and the entire story is ruined for me.

‘The emperor/king is always right and you have to be ready to do anything he asks, even kill yourself if he asks you to. This is the mentality that many knight characters in these novels follow, and it’s often portrayed as a positive thing. Which is absurd given that this is the same mentality that was at work for kamikaze pilots during the world war. Blind loyalty and a willingness to give up everything for your liege’s whims.

And this is the natural conclusion for entering a relationship with a person that’s been conditioned to operate under this mindset. The prince beats up and traumatizes his wife, and all the ML does is give him a word or two of protest before going back to blissfully serve under him.

18. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out about the manga. Its nice that the spoilers and series are already done

Xi-hime likes this.
  19. Bethsaida505

Bethsaida505 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a link of this novel?

20. TyShaye

TyShaye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for saving me the trouble of reading the story. The mentality you mentioned with the blind loyalty is so real and it always feels so weird to me, like it's pushing some underlying agenda. The knight characters are always my type, but when their entire being belongs to their master how could they possibly love the heroine more?