Request Do you use desktop PC nowadays?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neku, Nov 12, 2019.

?

Which device do you currently use/possess?

1. Smartphone

80.9%
  2. Tablet

25.5%
  3. Laptop

66.0%
  4. Desktop PC

63.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. arsl31

arsl31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I possessed them all. I have a laptop for work-related issues (because the company's pc is old and unreliable), a tablet that can dual boot either to windows or android kitkat that i don't use anymore (because its not supported anymore, memory issues due to windows updates), a smartphone with good specs for mobile gaming and camera when doing documentations and reports, and an old ddr3 pc with gtx 1050ti and 16gbs of ram that I use to edit my works in photoshop or illustrator. I am the type not to hesitate buying tools that would make my work and my life easier. I think that would also be my definition of being thrift.

kenar, Akemilly, Havisu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Valex

Valex Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My laptop is very good in terms of specs for a budget laptop, however a desktop pc allows us to customize it though it will be pricey

Havisu, Maid Chan and Neku like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Dude you fap while CSing?

Neku likes this.
  4. XziebertX

XziebertX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Digital keyboard still can't beat physical keyboard so I'll stick to pc and laptop...
    Besides tablet and smartphone ain't easy/capable enough to do CAD

mir and Neku like this.
  5. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a desktop and a smartphone. I like the desktop for most things like gaming and reading(have a big monitor). I use my phone for a mobile game and to read at work.

Neku and Akemilly like this.
  6. Deleted member 25261

Deleted member 25261 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Notebook for money reasons, if not, a desktop. I've a smartphone but i hate it though I use for reading in the bed when tired.

Neku and Akemilly like this.
  7. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PC > Laptop in 1. Price 2. Lasting time 3. Capability 4. Easy Replacement 5. Cooling
    Laptop > PC in 1. Mobility 2. Nothing else (apart from maybe inbuilt cam?)

As I have had a gaming laptop with a gtx965 graphic chip, I can tell you three things about gaming laptops:
    The cooling sucks hard. It will either go broke within two years (making as much noise as a car on the highway), or not cool enough.
    The Mousepad sucks unless you turn it off completely, which also sucks.
    The akku-capacity isn't really suitable for usage away from a cable. Expect "6 hours Akku-capacity" to last for maybe 2 hours at most if you play anything at all and even if you don't it won't be much more than half the advertised amount.

Laptop-Tablets like the MS Surface are good to have as a work computer, since they are enough for most things and have the advantages of both laptops and tablets (which tbh are just oversized smartphones).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Neku and ludagad like this.
  8. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I need my phone anytime or else i will feels insecure, i need my laptop to do works anywhere i wanted, and pc is just nice to have, because it is expandable, but since its hard to move around with it, i gave it to my sister and just use my gaming laptop for anything except reading novel or manga. My phone are only used to contact other people and read novel and manga

Neku likes this.
  9. Daoist Pharmacist

Daoist Pharmacist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    n0thing hav the saem problem

Neku and Havisu like this.
  10. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg to differ. I have a gaming laptop with gtx1070, and i have desktop pc too..

Both will still accumulate dust overtime, especially when the room is not air-conditioned. And based on my testing, desktop pc will accumulate more dust than a laptop, and you have to open the whole casing to clean it even the back of the mobo, which is to be honest, really inconveniencing.

Laptop on the other hand, if chosed correctly, will be really easy to clean if you're already familiar with how to open it's casing.

And regarding the cooling system, that is also dependent to the chosen laptop. My laptop didn't sound that much even while i'm gaming, and the hot spot is not the place i will be putting my hands on, or at least at the hottest i wont even feels it. Moreover, it have bottom, back and side airhole and also have 6 ( if im not wrong) fans built inside it. Yet it doesn't make much noise.

About mouse, and keyboard. My laptop have a silent mechanical keyboard, and i use glorious model 0 as my mouse, razer vespula as my mousepad. I love this setup til now.

Been using the laptop for 2 years and a half now, and it still fantastic as new with minimal cleaning.

Of course, with my laptop spec, can get 2 pc of the same spec. But i need the mobility so much that i i would pay for it

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Neku likes this.
  11. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuh i think you're mistaken about customizing pc will be expansive. If you build your own pc, with all part are bought by your own, its actually will be much more cheaper than when you bought a complete set of pc with the same spec.

Neku likes this.
  12. Valex

Valex Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youre probably right, i think its just that im too lazy to build my own pc. However i would still prefer using a laptop as the ease of use is quite good and that there no better feeling than watching netflix/youtube on your bed with the screen relatively close

Neku and Havisu like this.
  13. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agreed with this. Nowadays i dont even open my pc since with my laptop can do anything my pc is capable of already. So i gave my pc to my sister lol

Neku likes this.
  14. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I mainly use my laptop because it's pretty beefy and my tower needs a few parts upgraded (dvd drive to blu-ray/dvd drive, processor and board changed out) because the parts are 5+ years old. Already changed out the PSU and graphics card fortunately.

Desktops are great for bigger screens and when you want to crank up the settings to the absolute maximum. Cooling's better too.

Havisu and Neku like this.
  15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know about guys, but girls can. There's a vibrator that starts up when a signal is given, such as when someone donates on twitch or when 'counterterrorist wins' come up.

Havisu, Neku, asriu and 1 other person like this.
  16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Do give me the links to those videos thanks.

Also for guys... the vibrator is either taped to the head or goes up the ass... but not helpful in orgasm though imo.

Neku likes this.
  17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    pc at home, laptop for mobile work, smartphone for regular communication and social media communication~

Neku likes this.
  18. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    You never know... He may be watching guides from Twitch Thots, :blobpeek:

Neku likes this.
  19. Warnock

Warnock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you only browse facebook sure, if you do any kind of gaming or your work isn't staring at some spreadsheet or email, a local pc is faster, watch all the game streaming services fail in a few years, i mean its not like google/apple/etc are inventing anything new, there has been several gaming streaming services thru the years..

Neku likes this.
  20. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a HUGE difference actually. Most streaming services of the past simply put servers in random locations, which led to high latency making it impractical. With companies like google who place servers next to ISPs for direct interconnects, the latency would be A LOT less. Because that is the only way to make things work.

As for work use, you'd be surprised. Many companies these days choose to use virtualize via thin client. The experience is not much different than local because the servers are located locally.

Neku likes this.