[Poll] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
?

Could you assimilate into this island society with only your own gender?

1. I'm male - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm male - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. I’m male - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. I’m male - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. I’m male - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I’m male - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I’m male - No, I would rather die than live in this setting

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. I'm female - Yes! I'd love to live in this kind of world!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. I'm female - Yes, I could fit right in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - Yes... but I would secretly disagree

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  13. I'm female - I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  14. I’m female - No, I would verbally disagree with my own society

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  15. I’m female - No, I would secretly sabotage my own society

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  16. I’m female - No, I would actively fight against my society

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I’m female - No, I would try to defect to the opposite society (they might imprison/kill me)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I’m female - No, I would rather die than then live in this setting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I have trouble believing this. Do you remember a source for looking it up? I tried googling it, but only got the wrong results.

lychee likes this.
  2. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really the point I'm struggling with too.

Although, tbh, maybe @Astaroth really was onto something.

I think we should make a radio! Make telecommunications!

And then give the technology to the other island.

Therefore, you would be able to broadcast stuff to the other island, and this could be the beginning of communication, right?

Any kind of reconciliation begins with communication. Maybe even cultural exchange with media?

Save the world with Internet and novels? :hmm::hmm::hmm:

ludagad likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, well... The deity couldn't have picked a less qualified person. I might just sit about and enjoy lesbian paradise.

Except that the men attacking kind of get in the way, so... Maybe set up a deal between them? Send rations across during their summers in exchange for everyone leaving everyone else alone? Also plan on how to ration properly for winter.

If that fails... I guess it's time to set fire to Man Island.

lychee likes this.
  4. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i need to first be someone respected, therefore I can be more convincing
    Otherwise second would be disguising and going somewhere respected in male island too, in wuch case i guess religion job is the best for me

Then,

Introduce sex, things would be solved with time, i assume at first situations like rape can incure but women have magical talent so such things shouldnt be problem, main problem can be how males react those who tried to rape, because killing them could infire another war

Second option is, getting 4 babies from both island and taking them to that inhibited island, and raising them there, that way, if they sail there one day they will see harmonious relationship, maybe it can result in better things

Otherwise i wish to spend rest of my time there watching male island incase i iee a hoshi

5. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    teach them to fap, an introduction to sex pleasure

DragonMage18 likes this.
  6. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Could try to become a deity with the help of magic, and use my status to change peoples view of the oposing gender.
    Could also try to move the ilands further appart so it's impractical to actualy go on tha raids.
    There is also the chois of using magic to place barriers around the ilands so only one gender can access the islands.

That's the only alternatives i se that i can possibly do to solve the wars in my lifetime. afterall hate to the degree stated takes cenuries to partialy remove, and there will always exist some stuborn people that will hate the other gender and continue the old traditions even after cenuries have gone by.

EDIT: Well as other people have said you could introduce sex (most likely you have to introduce anal sex). But i don't think that will work as intended, since there is so much hatred bethween the genders. So they are more likly to just go on some raids to capture someone from the other islands. To use the prisoners for their sexual pleassure.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  7. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, another idea!

Run to the other island's lake, wish for a baby, obtain one of the opposite sex (maybe a few?), then escape.

Then you raise it with your values -- maybe a few babies of you own gender -- and release it back to their gender's island.

Slowly engineer a peace movement, I guess -- and a cult that secretly steals babies and raises them with different values

8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Rejected on the basis that it's too op. You're not a xianxia protagonist!

9. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no saying whether radios will work because weird physics

10. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: I know I made that rule myself, but I would try! It would be a life's work!

I believe in the power of mass media!!! Anime!!!!!

11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Electricity doesn't exist.

12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic does! Although I have no idea what magic can do!!! >.<

13. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if they dont need each other for reproduction and are self sufficient on their own, cant we just treat them as two seperate species and not bother?

Pyoo and Moonpearl like this.
  14. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I'm gonna be a jerk and say this is a dumb concept. You are asking us to believe that the balance was never broken in who know how many years to the point that a deity had to step in. And if a deity stepped in ... well let's just say it takes a very special group of absolute fucktards to continue a conflict they know they can never outright win and force them to consider coexistence and diplomacy.

Even if you balance the purely physical abilites that doesn't mean that one side won't produce someone that has mental abilities for strategy that will break the balance or that nature won't throw either side a curveball they fail to cope with destroying the balance. The whole premise basically revolves around the idea of everyone in the world being an absolute fucking moron to the point that I would scream at the celestial just to kill them all and try again. If she chose to stay the course or didn't respond my goal would become complete genocide of both sides. Since the only way this situation could ever occur is that neither side ever broke the balance it's fair to assume something is maintaining it, so I would need to find a way to decimate both sides simultaneously so the balance is maintained until the population of each side is small enough that whatever is trying to protect both genders needs to intervene to stop me from killing them both. As for how to do that I am sure there would be some evil deity that would damn my soul for eternity that would be willing to help me be a successful genocidal maniac.

4. Yes. I have asked myself a similar theoretical question. If I encountered an alien running from the government would I help them escape knowingly even if it might jeopardize myself and possibly the world. My answer to that one is a yes, so my answer to this one would be as well. As for why I would help the alien, I simply believe that any species that managed to achieve that sort of space travel and came to rescue one of their own would very likely not be warlike. Though to be fair that's largely because I believe the cooperation necessary to achieve any real headway into interstellar and intergalactic space travel would generally not exist within more war-like races. They might diverge into war-like races but it seems to me like expanding into the universe would destroy most of the reasons to do so.

lychee likes this.
  15. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    True it's to OP. But should stil be able to use magic to do some of it, just to a very limited degree. or just get help from my fellow islanders to do it. Should not be to hard to convince them to help move the island away so the damn bitch witches can't find our island. I just have to make sure that everyone tat know that it was done and or knows how to do it can't talk or do it anymore.

EDIT: Well as other people have said you could introduce sex (most likely you have to introduce anal sex). But i don't think that will work as intended, since there is so much hatred bethween the genders. So they are more likly to just go on some raids to capture someone from the other islands. To use the prisoners for their sexual pleassure

16. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to see, what will happen if the water from both spring is mixed. Will it make an ultimate hybrid?

Vast ocean, one island is filled with tribes of girls...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The other is filled with only the manliest of men...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    can I journey to the grand line and seek one piece?

1. Maybe yes, maybe no? I'm straight.
    2. By smuggling the water to mix both spring into a futanari spring. The next generation after me should be only be birthed from that spring.
    3. War is not my thing. Can't I be a shut in in my home?
    4. Will I fall in love?

lychee likes this.
  17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really great inference! Thanks! :bloblove:

18. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, this just occurred to me, but...! If I somehow become the Queen of Woman Island, can't I carry out that trade deal on behalf of my people?

Then, I'm either going to aim for that spot myself or aim for the person who's about to become queen. For yuri paradise (and peace and quiet), let's become Queen/Queen Consort~!

(Damn, now I really want to go to Woman Island though... :blobsalt: Time to hunt for some fulfilling fiction.)

In response to this, though:
    4. Suppose there is a war prisoner from the other island on your island. Would you help them escape but risk being caught yourself?
    Yeah, I'd probably mess up by saving them... Would take a great deal of commitment to my world peace plan to look away while they were killed. Unless I can set them free as part of it.

lychee likes this.
  19. Hallow Cause

Hallow Cause Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note that I'm answering these questions assuming that I'm just a normal citizen.

Yes. I may not be as happy as I am when I'm living in this world, but I would certainly be able to live a happy life there.

Do I want to? Yes. Can I do it? I doubt that. Depending on how long they have been living with that certain belief, the difficulty may vary. Nevertheless, it's difficult to shake their beliefs, ideals, etc. Much less trying to cement it to their society...

Unless pure genocide and eradication are the goals of both sides, which I would give it my all to stop the conflict, why stop the war? Most cultural assimilation in the society we live in resulted from war, with one side attaining victory. There way be a risk of mutual destruction, but it's more realistic and more plausible...

I despise it but it must be done. Also, I would most certainly like it if I'm not involved in the physical conflict whatsoever...

Just one? No. The risk far outweighs the return, I would maybe risk my livelihood if there were 40+ of them, but I'm not gonna be optimistic about it...

20. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I'm really surprised that nobody mentioned the Mars island going bicurious/gay?

I mean @Moonpearl already mentioned "lesbian paradise" with Venus

Would Mars also have that kind of thing as well?

I'm genuinely kind of curious what that society would be like

Moonpearl likes this.