Japanese A Certain Middle-Aged Man’s VRMMO Activity Log

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Darkaeluz, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: A Certain Middle-Aged Man’s VRMMO Activity Log
    OVRMMO
    To Aru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
    とあるおっさんのVRMMO活動記
    Raw Link: https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/638137573/992069999
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-certain-middle-aged-mans-vrmmo-activity-log/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: it's a very good slice of life VRMMO story about the enjoyable misadventures of a middle-aged man playing in his free time.
    Description: 38-year-old Tanaka Daichi’s childhood dream of playing a VRMMO has finally come to life. As he creates his character, he decides to choose skills that are considered useless by others, since he has no interest in playing like a main character. Follow the adventures of Daichi as he strives to use his mismatched set of worthless skills to achieve his dream goal of simply being able to enjoy an alternate life in a virtual reality.

2. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    +1....haters hating how a pve guy is op compared to die-hard pvp guys....like wtf!!! since when did we have VRMMO games....

Geor and 0000000 like this.
  3. foodflare

foodflare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just thought I'd put some perspective for any potential people wanting this picked up as I had been reading this before.
    The following is from the previous translator on this page: https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/2018/03/21/ovrmmo-announcement/

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this to be picked up, but I wouldn't want anyone to pick it up without being aware of the current state of the work.

4. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    it's because of his perks and bonuses from his activities like the fairy queen one. but yeah some illogical things happens sometimes. but still a great read for a partial slice of life type of vrmmo game
    kinda like only sense online where the mc chooses crafting

5. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i kinda saw that too specially when the translation suddenly stops at 100+ chapters then i search translated chapters for the rest and to no availd did i found a single one exceeding the progress on nu so i tought that this won't be translated again and the reading stops here

6. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *BumP*
    this is one of the novel that i stop reading after its been published on alphapolis, i'd be happy if someone translate this too.

i dont think alphapolis will go that far to remove fanmade translation here but more that they just dont like how
    ppl reading the novel from wayback machine; since the damage from jp ppl reading it free from there is way more than us.

as you can see from the site itself they open some of the newest chapter for read and only put the volumes before on lock and you need to pay for it (19 volume at the time i write this), a different approach compared to webnovel that put the first few chapter free and the rest on payment lock.

They dont force you to pay for the latest chapter but leave them free for diehard fans that follows the novel since the beginning, and make it pay to read for those that came late and "support the author with it"

7. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 more bump

8. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    This got an Anime for anyone wanting to watch it, figured I would toss that info here. I really wish this got translated more. Maybe the anime wont just be a one shot of 11-13 episodes...doubtful but maybe?

>_> Necronecronecronecro