Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm welcome and have fun here

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to NUF!

3. Chafalleiro

Chafalleiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, for short you can call me chafa.

Mainly I like slacking, reading, playing, making things (I really love when they work and don't explode or crash the PC).

I just click randomly in tags and read a bit until I find something I like.

Here, I'm following Death Mage that has very interesting characters and funny developements. Rimuru tempest, more complex that it seems at a first galnce, and now Abnormal State Skill, wich is having interesting developement in the argument.

But I don't really have a favorite book, more like a list of them. Most of them are science fiction or classics. Fiasco of Stanislav Lem, for it's complex characters, the sutile lessons of maths and the humor. The Gods Themselves, Asimov, I like the confrontation he presents between the needs and dangers of individuals and communities. Miau, Benito Pérez Galdós, a realist novel from the XIX that shows the life of a simple man battered by an absurd world. La forja de un Rebelde, Arturo Barea, an autobiography of a man that lived in the firsts third of the SXX Spain, a love driven history of my country which takes no sides, just tells the life. Los lógicos, Jesús Mosterin, the life and works of five of the best mathematicians of the twentieth century. Richard the third, Shakespeare, wow, there is so much transpiring behind the story told there.

4. AnchorDeep

AnchorDeep Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, you can call me Anchor, or AnchorDeep, up to you.

I've been reading novels for a long time but just made an account to ask a question and realised I didn't have the privileges to :(
    Anyway, my current favourite novel is Second Coming of Gluttony because I love its character development throughout the series and thankfully fights don't last 10 chapters.

My favourite genre is second chance (mc is sent back in time).

Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself and I hope to get to know a lot of you.

5. Kikae

Kikae Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helloo, you can call me Mina
    I like to read a lot, draw or listen to music
    I got into cnovels from MDZS and then I just fell into pit after pit. I mostly read BL, sometimes BG. I like transmigration, world hopping/QT, some nice fluff or smut, both is good too
    My favorite novel has to be FOD, it was the first QT novel I ever read, it's also the first BL novel I've ever read besides the 3 MXTX novels (MDZS, SV and HOB), and honestly it's just a really great novel and one that I would read over and over

18scholars and Nyann like this.
  6. senyadon

senyadon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! senya here. I am hopelessly addicted to MXTX and 2HA. Am a grad student, like to hike, play video games and sleep. My favorite cnovel at the moment is probably Scum Villain. Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds is up there too!

Inker likes this.
  7. zarya

zarya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I'm Zarya, goes by Ari / Zar. I'm into kdramas, cdramas, Chinese light novels (predominantly BLs). I LIKE happy endings. Dancer, foodie, sleeps a lot :v

8. hariett98

hariett98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi!, the name's Hariett or you can just call me 'yeit'. i'm a fan of manga, manhua, manhwa, lightnovels, kdrama, cdrama, anime, kpop, jrock, cnovels, movies and many more...^_^

9. hariett98

hariett98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi!, the name's Hariett or you can just call me 'yeit'. i'm a fan of manga, manhua, manhwa, lightnovels, kdrama, cdrama, anime, kpop, jrock, cnovels, movies and many more...^_^

Inker likes this.
  10. Alice17

Alice17 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Alice17 here. I'm more of a manga/anime/manhua/manhwa fan that just recently started reading Chinese novel translations. Scum-Villain was my first one (still need to read the rest of the extras, read some ehehe) and I'm currently reading MDZS (manhua and part of the novel, soo behind) and 2Ha! Going through 2Ha withdrawal right now.....

18scholars, Nyann and hariett98 like this.
  11. Tridentfire

Tridentfire New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi new to the forum. Current favourite novel type’s are modern/future cultivation stories.

12. 18scholars

18scholars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I’m 18Scholars, and today is my first day here! My hobbies include making art or writing, and obsessing over the next update for my novels(≧∇≦)I love romance novels, especially BL, but I’m open to all different types of stories! Some of my favorite stories have been by author MXTX, and I can’t wait to find others who love BL like me! ^^

Inker and Nyann like this.
  13. Vadara

Vadara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup. I've been reading LN's for about a year but I've been a weeb for a loooooot longer. Also have started reading CN novels too recently. They seem pretty okay. My favorite genres are harems, action/shounen, sooooometimes BL (but I'm very picky about it, being a guy with specific tastes), and comedy.

I'm a writer by trade, so I'm working on my own stories right now. Got one out and in-progress and maybe will work on another one soon.

Nyann likes this.
  14. Cool Guy

Cool Guy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Cool Guy
    Hobbies:reading LN with either a scifi or fantasy setting , video games although I play a lot less then I use to, I listen to music all the time while I lean towards edm I do have all types of genres in my library, movies with a leaning towards terrible films like the room or any Neil Breen film.

Inker likes this.
  15. Kairi_T

Kairi_T New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Kairi_T
    I am new to light novels, i usually don't read it, prefer mangás. I am getting into it.

16. Latteboo

Latteboo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone~ I am sorry that my introduction came very late.
    You can call me Latte. Nice to meet you all~ :blobbunny:
    As for hobby and interest, I just love to gain knowledge (thought I am very lazy in reading books) :sweating_profusely:
    Hmm, I love to travel and discover new places. :blob_blush: Shopping too fufu~
    I speak 6 languages. Plot twist : All are not fluent including my mother tongue :blobsweat_2: But good enough to read mangas/novels :blobmelt:
    As for mangas/novels, I love to read something around shoujo historical/fantasy genre.
    Just in case anyone has the same interest in me, :blobpats: here is my reading list~

Nyann likes this.
  17. Deleted member 214614

Deleted member 214614 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello to you all,

You can call me as you want ---☆
    I love reading a lot, while drinking tea.
    I appreciate novels of any kind as long as history can carry me into its universe.
    I don’t really have a favorite novel yet, sorry...

I hope to integrate myself among you ---☆

Nyann likes this.
  18. Nancy2303

Nancy2303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all I'm new to this forum:blobsmilehappy: you can call me Nancy
    Hobbies: reading novels,listening to music,cooking,gardening,sewing....
    As for what I like to read, I like transmigration/reincarnation novels with strong female protagonists and also fluffy,sweet romantic novels....and the list goes on...some random novels if I get bored...that's it and my first Chinese novel is hidden marriage after that I started reading other web novels :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Nyann likes this.
  19. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yay! Another fudanshi! :blob_pompom: @Welcome to NUF!
    Found you for each other! :aww:

20. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I'm new around here. I hope you treat me well. I just started reading Coiling Dragon and it's so good!

Westeller likes this.