LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Animeninja808

Animeninja808 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the chapter just now pretty sure the next one involving Amemiya Hiroto might have him either fighting a war in a foreign country, or coming home and immediately finding out about Banda. Also to a lesser extent, I want to see Banda teach Mei everything about the Death Attribute.

2. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    You can tell he is from the writing style alone, even through the translation.

Paps likes this.
  3. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the second one has the possibility of mei beeing hurt, so it is unlikely
    how? can you explane how you know the gender of a person from the style of writing.
    PS: no i am not sarcastic, I realy want to know.

Paps likes this.
  4. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Banda has Van’s abilities so he’d just use the physical barrier that blocks all dmg and attacks from hurting her. Then again he has mind encroachment so maybe he’d use that to get the info out of any kidnappers. Or maybe he’ll use the parasite thing he did to that one bandit on said kidnappers. Dunno how it’ll play out but Avalon will definitely slip up due to him not knowing about Banda. Also feel like metamorph will come into play in regards to Avalon’s death. It’s be poetic justice if Avalon dies because of a piece he thinks he doesn’t have to worry about.

5. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    One rather obvious example is that males will tend to describe colors as red, blue, green, yellow, etc. whereas females (and probably gay guys) more often use chartreuse, maroon, eggshell, viridian, and so forth. Fashion-related stuff in general gets more detail with female writers, whereas dudes will generally only go into detail if it's important for the plot, hints at a character's personality, when they want to impress how hot their female characters are, and so on. Few men care about fashion simply for fashion's sake; we dress up for a concrete purpose rather than for fun.

This is just one very shallow example though, because I'm having a hard time trying to define the difference between a male and a female mindset in a concise way. Men and women just see the world in a different way than each other, and that bleeds into their writing and how their worlds are build and the way their characters behave, unless they're a really good writer.

There are studies on typically male or female speech patterns in both casual and formal settings which will tell you some things about this. Same with studies on how men and women perceive a given room and the furniture and objects put within and describe these out loud or categorize the room's arrangement internally. There are even studies on which parts of the body are paid attention to by and what they say to men and women, and studies on common approaches to solving any given problem when addressed by different genders, and studies on how interpersonal relationships and feelings are thought of, and countless more.

I'd say that telling an author's gender is probably something you pick up by subconsciously paying attention to a thousand small things (and maybe one or two more obvious tells). It's also something easily rendered invalid in the face of people who are slightly different than the norm in a certain way or two, but Densuke is just very obviously not one of those people and I don't know how to elucidate that properly either, sorry.

Paps and anon like this.
  6. LordZero25

LordZero25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you're judging the writing style in the raws and not the translated one. No offenses, the translation is good but let's not fool ourselves and think that english captures the nuances of japanese.

7. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as avalon doesn't threaten meis happiness permarnently, he should be save from Banda, as going to him means putting mei in a position where if something goes wrong, it goes wrong badly and that is something Banda would want to aviod. Don't forget Van is someone who always prepares for the worst possibilities and, as long as he is calm, doesn't take unnecessary risks. besides that i like your thinking.
    thanks, i find the topic very interessting. so far i only heard that men use hights and sizes while women use shapes when describing how to get somewhere.

Eddy andres likes this.
  8. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    thing is that the character sheet just released states that Banda is more hotheaded than Van is.

Also the guy that uses the helmet on metamorph will probably die at her hands after the drugs in the headset stop working. the main question is what ends up happening to Avalon after he dies. Will Rodiot do the immensely stupid thing of giving him part of the DK’s soul or will the deities of Origin take his soul and quarantine it like DK’s souls was.

Also I wonder what will happen to all of the reincarnators that are helping Avalon. Will they all die at once or be slowly killed off by Avalon or Banda. I’m immensely looking forward to next arc as a lot of these questions will probably be answered unless next arc is about a war between Van’s empire and the empire that was run by that elf emperor

anon and Eddy andres like this.
  9. MonitorShotput

MonitorShotput Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was stated that Banda could be assumed to have all of the abilities that Van had at the time he was created, so that should include his Soul Devour, God Devourer, and Abyss skills, so if Rodcorte noticed Banda's existence, he may not even attempt to retrieve their souls for fear of being severely injured. This is Rodcorte, the God of screw-ups and bad choices.
    I mean, Banda is essentially a Spirit Clone of Van, so the only beings capable of directly attacking him in Origin are it's Gods, which he has the Divine Protection of anyway. As long as he is "descended" into Meh-kun, he can probably boost her physical abilities to a ridiculous level, so I'd love to see Avalon's reaction to Mei rag-dolling all of the people he sends after her.

anon likes this.
  10. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with your last statement 1000%. I’d love to see that happen

11. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if those souls are guided by Banda they get yanked out of Roddy's circle anyway, so he can't really do much about it. Other than whine. Which he will.

12. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then shouldn't mei be guided? First by meeting van, second by being near banda.

13. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    the ones on Avalon’s side haven’t been guided by Van though.

14. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what power he needs to raise from vandeliu level to allow him to communicate with Banda, he must improve his guide to have more reach or his grotesque mind so that the Vandeliu server v.3.11.2 is updated and connects with the babysitter of the tentacle girl.

15. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way you say it makes me wonder if the multi-thought process skills and stuff he has would wind up evolving into something like Hive Mind or something similar. He is literally the central processing node of all his copies and DK familiars. Or even better would to call the skill 'We Are One'.

yuki.hime, anon and Eddy andres like this.
  16. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mei is guided.
    Rody's "assistants" said that her soul disappeared from Rod's circle, and they also hid it from Doltcorte.

17. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The Mimic is being guided, some may get guided through her actions too, if she uses Hijiri's face to proclaim the wonders of The Undead.

18. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if anyone has already seen this movie, but when I remembered it, I realized that the monsters of this movie are the closest to the appearance of Banda that I could imagine.
    Name: Mimic from Guillermo del Toro.
    [​IMG]

19. Crimson Nanashi

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one is mimic? The only one I know that can change their appearance is Metamorph

20. WolfeKuPo

WolfeKuPo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is Metamorph that is getting guided