Recommendations Help! I want to expand my horizons

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tofu Cat, Nov 14, 2019.

1. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Describe anything you recommend you lazy fokers

If you mostly read romance novels i can recommend some novels that are actually good, The Briefcase/The teacher's Briefcase by Hiromi Arakawa is a romance about a woman reaching her forties and a man on his sixties, Jane Austin is also good and a basic in romance, like Tolkien in fantasy and her books acknowledge the importance of social position on a relationship, which helps them to avoid plenty of boring drama other romances tend to have and focuses on actual real life problems
    Going to other genres i can recommend tales rather than full stories, there are many science fiction anthologies but "I Robot" is a good one, but look for more tales, the classics tend to be great
    For fantasy The Dark Elf trilogy is a great start and is a personal journey of self discovery while kicking ass.
    For webnovels Everybody Loves Large Chests and Kumo Desuga Nani Ka? are great stories of monster MCs that actually delve into the amorality of those creatures without being edgy.
    Warlock of the Magus World and Reverend Insanity are cultivation novels with evil MCs, not edgy, plain evil with cold logic and smart enemies, for a good MC World of Cultivation has an MC who builds power by taking care of his friends and other people
    For isekai Mushoku Tensei is the basis from which the fast food novels have copied, Overlord is the basis for OP MCs done right, He Who Fight With Monsters in royal road is also a great isekai that avoids the Mushoku Tensei settings and crafts an original world with new magic systems and a witty MC
    The Neverending Story is a classic and a big metaphor about the nature of fantasy and its influence over people, all wrapped in an adventure package
    Frankestein? the novel is about a creature lost in a world that despises him for looking monstrous until it becomes -kinda- as evil as they expect him to be, the classics are classics for a reason
    Nishino, the boy at the bottom of the school caste and the top of the underworld is a reversal of the regular-boy-meets-pretty-girl-and-discovers-a-secret-world-of-superpowers as he is already top dog of the super powered world but the meeting with the pretty girl comes at a time when he realizes the value of a youth filled with friends and tries to connect to other people, he can easily steam roll most enemies but socializing proves to be a challenge on its own
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is the basis of all VR stories and frnakly i never bothered with other VRs after reading it because they look like lazy copies
    Im the evil lord of an intergalactic empire! is one of the best misunderstandings story so far and it has a little of every genre

Kuraichan, ky_s, parsaj and 2 others like this.
  3. Qiun

Qiun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry. Bad with words.

Tofu Cat likes this.
  4. kagome6609

kagome6609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cub Raising Association
    Isekai Yururi Kikou ~Raising Children While Being an Adventurer~
    Mezametara Chikashitsu!? ~Tensei Shoujo no Yume no Saki~
    Number One Lazy Merchant of the Beast World
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil
    Reborn Little Girl Won’t Give Up
    Shinka no Mi
    Shh, There’s a Beast in the Imperial Palace
    Stop, Friendly Fire!
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time
    The Man Picked up by the Gods (Reboot)
    The People Who’re Supposed To Kill Me Fell For Me Instead
    The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love- while the tags do say rape it's only in one part of the story if you really don't like rape you can skip that part and still be able to read the story
    The Rise of Otaku
    I Never Run Out of Mana
    Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata ~Senjou wo Kakeru Kaifuku Youin~
    Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Tofu Cat likes this.
  5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tofu Cat likes this.
  6. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    aye. only one limit to my horizon expansion lol

Lunaix likes this.
  7. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    God the description scares me half to death, but also sounds amazing :blobpopcorn_cool:
    huh... wdym “0% shared series”, I can’t find where it says that lul

8. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Tofu Cat likes this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when you click on "reading list" below someone's avatar on NUF, you'll get to see their reading lists (if they're public). Among other things you can see how many novels you have in common.

Tofu Cat likes this.
  10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU EVERYBODY it will take a whilee for me to read everything :blobmelt:

Qiun likes this.
  12. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    The Record of Unusual Creatures, really good Sci-Fi + Fantasy novel that starts slow. Matches your lax conditions too, so go try it when you have the time!