[Poll] Could you date a genderless nonhumanoid alien?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

Could you date/marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien if they had an attractive personality?

1. I could marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien - romantically and physically attracted

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. I could marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien - only romantically attracted

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. I could marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien - platonic feelings only

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. I could marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien - for the practical convenience

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I could marry a genderless nonhumanoid alien - other reason

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - romantically and physically attracted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - only physically attracted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - only romantically attracted

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  9. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - platonic feelings only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - for a practical reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I could date a genderless nonhumanoid alien - just to try it out/curiosity

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  12. I could only be friends - I wouldn't be attracted to their appearance

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  13. I could only be friends - I wouldn't date/marry anything non-human

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I could only be friends - I have a practical concern

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  15. I could only be friends - I have a religious concern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I could only be friends - I have a moral/ethical concern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I could only be friends - I think this is disgusting/repulsive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I could only be friends - I don't want to risk trying something new

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. I could only be friends - other reason

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  20. I could never be friends with a genderless nonhumanoid alien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm not interested in any kind of dating/marriage, even on Earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Dating/marriage is impossible for me, even on Earth

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  23. I'm unsure

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  24. I do not wish to answer

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Back to the classic #lycheewondersaboutsexuality series with another bizarre hypothetical. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

The Magical Girl of Fruit and Vegetables is up to no good again, and she teleports you to another universe simply because she is curious about various mysteries of human nature.

In this other universe, there are absolutely no humans.

Instead, you've been dumped on a planet with many diverse species of aliens. In fact, this galaxy has trillions of interconnected alien solar systems, all with different species and different appearances.

On this planet, there are no humanoid aliens. This means that the aliens do not resemble humans in any way (e.g. human face, human torso/limbs...). However, there is almost any other kind of alien appearance imaginable.

This planet also lacks aliens with male/female gender. In fact, the concept of gender does not exist. However, reproductive technology in this universe is extremely advanced, and different species of aliens are able to reproduce with each other — creating aliens with very diverse appearances.

You've been transmigrated into this world and have to live your new life here.

+ + +

Three months after living in this alien universe, you discover that most aliens on this planet are really friendly and nice. They have good personalities and their mannerisms are quite "human", although they lack the appearance.

In fact, if you "forgot" about the part that they all look drastically different, you could easily imagine all of them as "humans" on Earth. They basically behave like humans.

For instance, one of your coworkers in the coffee shop that you work at is a tsundere. They get flustered easily and they're quite shy. They also read a lot of books and they doodle in the margin of their notebook whenever your manager starts rambling about boring tax laws at a staff meeting.

Your landlord has a little child who is the cutest thing ever. It knocks on your door in the every morning and brings you the mail — and it really likes the homemade cookies that you make, and it has puppydog-like eyes (although it has three eyes) whenever it visits because you can tell it's secretly hoping for a snack. Meanwhile, its parent is always angry when it catches their child bothering you, and they scold it for making trouble for other people.

There are a lot of examples and everyone that you know has a vivid human-like personality.

Of course, the aliens have their own quirks too (e.g. photosynthesis or whatever weird biology you don't understand) — but generally you are quite comfortable in this world.

It is similar enough to Earth that you fit in extremely easily.

+ + +

One day one of your alien co-workers stops you after work, and they appear very nervous and embarrassed.

They struggle to get the words out (it's a little awkward), but ultimately they ask if you're willing to meet up on the weekend to do an activity that you both enjoy, and maybe get dinner after.

...You realize after a few seconds that they're basically asking you out on a date.

You have a very good relationship with this alien and you like their personality a lot. You enjoy hanging out with that alien, have fun talking to them, share hobbies, and overall have good chemistry with them.

You've never thought about them in a romantic or sexual way (I mean... they just look so different!), but... it's honestly because you never thought about it before.

Thinking objectively, the alien actually has a personality very close to your ideal romantic partner back on Earth. You feel like you could talk to them for hours and hours and hours and you'd never get bored. Furthermore, you feel like your life would be a lot more dull without them.

You know virtually nothing about their anatomy. They don't look ugly or repulsive (in your opinion)... just... very different. For the dirty-minded individuals, you're completely unsure whether "sex" would work — but you've also never seen them naked — so you can't fully say whether you'd be attracted or repulsed by their bodily appearance yet since you don't know them at that detail.

How would you respond to your coworker's request for a date?

Note: For the poll, feel free to imagine any alien you like (as long as it is non-humanoid).

1. Could a genderless nonhumanoid alien be a potential romantic/sexual interest if their personality was attractive to you? What would you do in this situation?

2. How important is physical appearance to you in sex/romance?

3. If the alien turns out to be amazing (in personality), dedicated, supportive, loving, and everything you could possibly ever want in a husband/wife, would you marry the alien in this world?

4. How do you imagine your life in this alien world?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Lurking likes this.
  2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone's dating Rimuru-kun~

NamGi, Chrono Vlad, Renaxan and 5 others like this.
  3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    That makes it even better ;)

Arcturus likes this.
  4. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee Are you tired ? If you don't rest , your head is going wrong way ~~~:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
    I give you some cookies , go rest ~~:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
    :blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy:

5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I have many concerns with this. what does gender-less entail? cus there are species that have can fall into this category and still have a bazooka and or a grand canyon.

6. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't even read the OP, just the poll question. The answer is no.

Edit:

Answer the polls, I could be friends, of course. But marriage means sex and also attraction. And how can you have sex with someone that has no gender?

7. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes. Possibly try to arrange a second date.
    2. Should be attractive. Could not give less shit about it/her being human.
    3. Yes I would.
    4. Normal but bit quirkier? Abnormality ends when the abnormal become your normal.

8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    They do not have homologous human sexual organs and they simply don't reproduce that way.

However, they could potentially have other biological features that could substitute (or they could lack them entirely) -- it's up to you. There's a lot of different kinds of aliens.

9. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    tentaclestentaclestentacles

Sabruness, Ddraig, felidormit and 2 others like this.
  10. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Men dug the earth, emptied the mantle, hollowed the mountains, what is the soft flesh of an alien against that?

11. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    @lychee it sure nice to have time to waste. And how the heck are you even thinking these up and typing whole stuff.
    You should start writing novels if you have this much imagination

12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I do like to write, but I've never been able to keep up with one or finish one :blobcry:

13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't even need a poll. The madness of humanity has answered.

[​IMG]

Innieminnie likes this.
  14. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Try random short story with one chapter per mc

15. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Could a genderless nonhumanoid alien be a potential romantic/sexual interest if their personality was attractive to you? What would you do in this situation?
    No...uhm, I'm not sure if I can develop romantic feelings without feeling some kind of pressure to make it work. Definitely not sexually attracted...if the alien could accept that I probably won't be interested in any romantic and Definetly not a sexual relationship then yeah. We could be platonic soulmatea or something. I'd accept and tell them this on the date if they didn't already know.

2. How important is physical appearance to you in sex/romance?
    I mean, I really don't want to no matter how attractive you are..

3. If the alien turns out to be amazing (in personality), dedicated, supportive, loving, and everything you could possibly ever want in a husband/wife, would you marry the alien in this world?
    :aww: Yes, providing they know it's purely soulmate/friendship only with maybe a dash lf romance if cuddling and hugging is counted.

4. How do you imagine your life in this alien world?
    Without the above alien? Probably sad and lonely because I miss my family. I'd also probably be poor since I just popped up out of nowhere without any identification. Am I sleeping on the street?! :blobfearful: Wait you said something about a Barista...cafe job?

16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It would probably be an anthology or fast transmigration since I can't keep a consistent setting :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

Although, I'm also pretty sure no one would read what I wrote.

And writing is also slow. A single idea takes weeks to months to write. :blobpensive:

Lastly, I like interacting with people -- and usually conventionally writing isn't very interactive. So I kind of like seeing and reading what's peoples thoughts on various subjects with the polls

17. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh i remember doujin about consentacles romance..
    So probably yes? After reading that long time ago my mindset has changed. I dont really reading those question poll so im sorry if its oot.

18. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    that's still humanoid, werewolf is humanoid, mermaid is humanoid... "monster girls" are still humanoid. I think the aliens would resemble animals/monsters/insects/plants.

19. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm unsure if i can have romantic relationship them, but it sure nice if we can be best buddies.

when i try to think more about romantic relationship with a non-humanoid alien, a sudden thought about furries crossed, and if romance with alien counts as bestiality.

20. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favourites.