Discussion what happened to RRL?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Nov 14, 2019.

1. RandomEnchanter

RandomEnchanter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As i recall, boku said that there had been some outrage on Morbid about the sheer amount of smut compared to story and he took a week off of Hunter to post like 100 chapters on morbid to apease

2. Seipherwood

Seipherwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Morbid didnt have anywhere near the same amount Master of All had near the end, i think it was just people being assholes and the mods being lazy or in on it. But ah well, i still think he should move so he doesnt have to worry about it for any future / current novels.

3. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Always hated how RRL took down Re:Hamster... anyone knows where got the copy?

5. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no clue what kind of story Morbid is, but I know the trash novel with the plantkin you're talking about that people like for some reason, I hope Morbid wasn't deleted because Its rare to find quality smut with a decent story.

6. wrightl

wrightl Wizards are better than warriors

Reading List:
    Link
    So... Do you have the name of this story? Asking for a friend.

7. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if RRL got dmca'd / taken down due to copyright / whatever the name was; remember seeing some translation projects being posted on it

8. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    So how much longer does it stay down? The website i used said its already down 12h, and i just woke up.

9. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yassss its on finally.

10. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    YAAAAAS

11. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I forget the name ,but story is dead 2 year ago with 60 chapter (if I not wrong)
    Yes it pure smuts story with zero plot and 3rd POV. But author kinda creepy, I remember chapter with female explorers captured by minotaur and literally get screwed to dead, slaver breeding pit, monster playing with prey, losers of racial war , goblin nest, snake Monster mating ball, etc, etc

Something I wonder if author write while drinking or truly pervert.... Straight pervert, most chapter kinda m/f , dam... Now I want read it again pitty I don't have soft copy before it gone...
    If someone found the story please pm me...

12. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like @Mike777ac stories
    :blobpeek:
    Ode to hardcore OPness

13. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Only translations we allow on Royalroad are ones where the poster owns the translation and owns the English license/ has permission from company/person who owns them. Aka the people who would DMCA us.

Other than that, we reject/remove other translations. If you see a translation on Royalroad that’s obviously doesn’t have permission, please report it.

We used to be a translation site for a Korean novel years ago with the author’s permission but switched to hosting original novels and fanfictions.

Also it’s just RR now. We removed the L for SEO/copyright reasons and managed to nab the royalroad domain.

Some downtime when all of the people who could reset the servers were asleep. Also the servers being down didn’t send an alert like it was supposed to.

@girisuherman

It has more to do with the ratio of normal content versus sexual content. ELLC has a decent amount of smut but there’s a large amount of chapters without smut. It’s a bit confusing and the fault of our advertisers more or less.

Advertisers are puritans and will pull all ads if they feel the site has too much smut vs normal content. Having mature tags on mature fictions helps somewhat but not entirely.

It’s a complicated issue that may end up cutting our revenue stream and killing the site slowly or even lead to legal troubles.

We make sure to manually check fictions before any action is taken and generally rely on user reports and automated tools to find said smut fictions. If a fiction is removed while another fiction you feel was worse wasn’t removed, feel free to report the one not removed and we’ll look into it.

Note: On mobile and data, sorry for not combining posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
  14. Predator

Predator Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i havent been on rrl in a while maybe it is down

15. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, I will be happy to report you.

16. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought you meant reporting the stuff I wrote as smut on RR and got confused and then I saw that my posts got combined by a mod shortly after your post.