Discussion Power of brain

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Nov 15, 2019.

?

did you also realized after reading this?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2019.
  1. yes

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. no, I realized this before

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. well I just don't care

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. dont wish to answers

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you ever wonder when you read novel every mc sound same? I mean when I read novel basically I read it loud inside my head but now I just realized something... Every male mc I read almost have same voice inside my head just little different tone between character. Is this physiology thing or just me?

Also I just aware when I read story at begining basically mc just netural voice and faceless just like dummy model but after 2 or 3 dialogue suddenly it change, like my brain suddenly forming a imaginary world inside my head, the place where they talking, how they look like, and most importantly detail that suddenly snap or change when I read description of something while seamlessly continues making scene while I read.

Well I amazed my brain kinda automatically convert text to image then added right sound effects from my memory while I read, for example.

" I stomp at throttle and my car speed away just in time as back windows shattered by bullet"

when I read this, I got picture of man that almost look like James Bond inside black car followed by dozen guy emerged from door start shooting at car, my imagination stop here but suddenly I see they are on dock and bad guy emerged from hangar. Now this where its wrong, at first I see bad guy came out from normal door but second time I read whole scene change just like my brain added more detail then on third one I picture this on middle of night and dozen cargo ship docked with bad guy holding automatic pistol screaming "dont let her get away" and the MC ride black sedan that look like Mercedes Benz L300... And now i really realized why I'm always re-read chapter.

So tell me what did you see? And what you think?

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely picture characters with any particular clarity. I focus more on the world around them, instead.

mir, Renaxan, Liyus and 4 others like this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

mir likes this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I dun form the world and shit, because I am just skimming the words like I do with my textbooks, reports and customer reviews.

Arash1 likes this.
  5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I picture them based on their personality traits. Though I can imagine since most male MCs are virtually the same, many might imagine them to all look the same as well.

KizunaAi and girisuherman like this.
  6. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wish to break out of this cycle, remember to use memes, it can dilute and counter your own memetic inception!

7. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its previous memories your brain has stored so it comes up with a picture for you. For example your car bullet example for me its an army humvee with bullets breaking the back thats probably becauae i watch army movies more than james bond.

girisuherman likes this.
  8. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes basically brain recycle memory with other one mixed and make them look like new scene

9. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so did you do same with gendre? Like xianxia mc is monster of muscle bathing on blood of enemy with stone head or fantasy classic adventure armor?

10. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i also like that, and i just realize that by picturing the novel you can basically skim through the Filler dialogue or description and still enjoying them to the fullest

11. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This world is imperfect...

12. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just my voice in my head. Sometimes there might be other voices, most of the time just mine.
    Sometimes in my head i read certain dialogues during epic scenes with intonation, depending on how they were portrayed. Makes it better.

13. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    JN - Well I could their visualize their character and except those isekai emotionless mc
    CN - I always visual them shouting at the top of their lungs or their mouth is wide open
    KN - robot, puppet and etc name it

These are just base on novel I read so far.

14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    i tone change in my head sometimes.

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    When Ai-chan read the title of this thread, Ai-chan gets glimpses of The Life of Brian.