[Poll] Would you rather a batch release or regular release (same number of chapters)?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tpst, Nov 16, 2019.

?

Would you rather have a regular release or batch release?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2019.
  1. Regular release

28 vote(s)
    41.8%
  2. Batch release

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. I don't care as long as it's same number of chapters

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. I don't care, but prefer regular release

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. I don't care, but prefer batch release

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious what everyone's response will be (and if they have a reason for their preference). :bloboh: I don't know if there's already a thread/poll like this (if there is:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:, sorry >.<:blobtired::blobflag::blobtired:), but my search result returned 0 so... here it is :(:blob_ghost::blob_ghost: (and because I'm bored enough to make a thread lol);

"Would you rather have a regular release or batch release if you are getting the same number of chapters?"

Say, for example, a translator release 1 chapter every day, and will be away on an overseas trip (say without internet or computer).
    1) Would you rather receive 10 chapters over the 10 days as they usually do (maybe through scheduled release)?
    2) Would you rather receive 10 chapters all at once (either before they go away or when they come back) and binge?
    3) Would you not care as long as you receive the same number of chapters.

Personally, as a reader, I don't care too much as long as I get the same number of chapters. If anything, I prefer to binge all at once (so my vote goes to option 5)... since I'm an addict xD and can't stop myself ahaha. Option 2 also lets me immerse myself more in the series and lets me get more addicted to it. But I know a lot of people prefer option 1 too. :blobtaco:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    otaku31 and 0000000 like this.
  2. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Regular release is safer, in case of cliffhanger
    If translator release 10 chapters, it ends in cliffhanger, and they went vacuum for 10 days,... i'd imagine the fans would riot.

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you rather have breakfast, lunch and dinner by its time or stuffing yourself like a turkey and fast for the rest of the day?

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An addict like me needs frequent doses. So regular 4 me. With batch releases, it feels like I go thru the chs too fast, followed by what feels like an unbearably long wait.

Moreover, regular release also equals more exposure on NU front page, so it's better from advertising PoV.

5. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as translators release chapter, my heart's desires are fulfilled.
    Also I don't get much time to read nowadays so it doesn't make a difference to me now~

But if I had time, I guess regular chapters, like having daily doses of medicine, you don't wanna get drug overdose all in one day lolol I imagine the aftermath would be terrible if you get too high and it ends in a cliff

6. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Regular release. I appreciate batch releases, but only inasmuch as there are regular releases. Else I forget the story.

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, most of the times, I end up forgetting/ lost interest of the story due to long stagnations in between chapters, that being said, me decided to stock chapters for a oneshot binge read is a dead stupid idea.

Tpst likes this.
  8. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going overseas without a computer or internet for like half a month during December. Wanted to know which one people preferred since I will have the chapters stocked up before I go.

Nom de Plume and 0000000 like this.
  9. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    but what the point of batch if they do get the same amount of chapters? should give batch release a few bonus chapters to get a closer poll.

0000000 and Tpst like this.
  10. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A fair point actually. :hmm:

0000000 likes this.
  11. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be smart about it.
    Some translator out there know the art of being consistent while giving batch release of 2+ throughout the story.

otaku31, Nom de Plume and 0000000 like this.
  12. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Batch release only for an exciting part of the arc, cause those tend to leave on a bunch of cliffhangers.

It kills me inside.

I prefer chapter per day like normal.

0000000 and Nom de Plume like this.
  13. Dravileo

Dravileo Imofever never end

Reading List:
    Link
    I like clif-kun

0000000 likes this.
  14. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very few stories do I read single chapter releases anymore. Almost all the stories I end up reading in batches. I just find the stories are more enjoyable that way.

The exceptions are a few of the Patreon original novels I'm supporting, but even those I will stack periodically.

mir likes this.
  15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha
    I dont get your last sentence

On the poll, I pick neither.
    I only read completely translated novels even the ones my website translates eg My Castle My Castellan. I wont read chapter one until the novel is fully translated. Hopefully, thats soon

0000000 likes this.
  16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, there is one time i stocked a ton of OG chapters, but due to forgetting where I was, I
    A. Lost my mood to read due to having need to find where I last read and story
    B. Find myself overwhelming numb by the large number of chapters that I did not read.

So I did want I think was the right thing to do, just read the 5 latest chapters and absolutely not getting how the story goes. It ended up made me not liking the story so I kinda just dropped it, until I find my mood back to actually reread the damn thing again.

mir and Wujigege like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.