Dungeon Invasion story (Help)

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by maggitt147, Nov 17, 2019.

1. maggitt147

maggitt147 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I plan on writing an original story involving dungeons filled with monsters coming to earth. The thing is... I read plenty of stories like this but for reason i'm having problems thinking of story arcs or plot points to take place in the story. Like i have a couple ideas on where to go for the beginning but not much for the middle and end.

The main character will be a criminal and stay a criminal to the end but I mean theres only so much stuff you can do with a criminal who'll be wanted by his country, and then eventually the world. Can anyone give me ideas to explore with a dungeon invasion type story? Or is this not the right place for a topic like this?

2. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    Main character could become a dungeon owner? fight against the invasion and whoever comes after him

3. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a criminal redeeming himself?
    Maybe weak-to-strong type of story will be preferrable
    The end goal should be banishing every dungeon that emerge on earth

Btw, what type of dungeon?

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Criminal in the beginning and till the end. Misunderstood Good-hearted MC? Rebel against the govt? (Please dun write this if you live in China)

5. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    MC could, begin the story fighting against the invasion, but after a certian point, begin fighting for the invasion and ending up as the last living person on earth (finds the corpse of the one person he tried to protect all this time, this person could also be the one that actualy did the crimes).

MC is just a rough NPC in a online game,or a virus in the game, where MC thinks it's the real world.

MC is not so powerful himselfe compared to the rest, but is a briliant strategist and with manipulation and mind games ends up taking control of the battlefield through his wits.

maggitt147 likes this.
  6. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    Few ideas I can think of:
    • MC got framed for murdering people, sent to prison
    • Prison is turned into a dungeon, everyone in the prison are candidates for dungeon lord, forced into a battle royale for position, fight and survive or not fight and die
    • Cannot leave their domain area inside dungeon until all candidates are dead
    • Monsters spawned by dungeon inside are hostile to anyone

maggitt147 likes this.
  7. Lustrius

Lustrius Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a unique idea is to make the MC literally evil, like really evil. Not like the MC in Overlord because he does have reason and tbh he’s not really evil in the first place. You should make the Mc kill people for fun kinda thing, or betrays others so he himself can rise up. It’ll be cool if you add like a dark background of the Mc and the stuff he went through to become evil. If you’re thinking about the mid of the story maybe an accomplice who might’ve went through the same things he did or maybe someone who actually makes him into a good guy or something like that; idk depends on how your fan base liked the Mc the way he is or wants him to become good kinda thing. And it’ll be nice if he became weak to strong kinda story not really my type of story if he’s overpowered from the moment he was born, I’m sure most people will like it if he actually works his way up to the top. But that’s just my opinion for the mid story.

8. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take advantage to be a power broker and fulfill his desires. He likes stealing from trapped people, he enjoys watching them die to monsters, or he enjoys manipulating people in the dungeon.

9. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i cracked up here:blobrofl:

10. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. He's a criminal. Not intent on redeeming himself in the slightest. But i can do weak to strong!
    the dungeons will be varied depending on their environments. There will be oceanic dungeons that form near or in the ocean. Volcanic dungeons that form near volcanos. And inside those dungeons will be monsters related to the environment they are spawned in or the type of dungeon they are. So a forest dungeon would have wolf monsters, bug monsters, or goblins.

11. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    No he isnt misunderstood. He's a serial killer voodoo believer that intends to keep on doing what he's always done. but maybe on a bigger scale this time around.

0000000 likes this.
  12. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thanks for the suggestion! I was planning on having him go this way! He'll be evil beginning to end and it will be a weak to strong kind of story. For the mid story i kind of had something like the world getting used to this new dungeon world and how it works along with him becoming a nationally known criminal with a few allies with him.

13. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats a power broker? He will plan on fulfilling his desires though. Stealing from people will be vital to his character and rise in strength..., and i could add a lil sadism to his personality i suppose.

14. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the third one. I won't have him be a fighter type protagonist. He'll be a type of support due to his criminal background and upbringing. Having a sharp mind will be useful with the type of abilities i plan to give him.

15. Kurotsubaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, sorry, wrong wording. I mean what's the purpose of the dungeon. For otherworldly invasion? Colonization? Or god's trial?
    Also what kind of criminal the MC are? A mastermind type, brute type or mere pawn?

16. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Power broker is like information broker, exchange of goods, money or information to others. Use minions to gather what he needs to trade or sell to others, may need to break a few kneecaps along the way.

maggitt147 likes this.
  17. maggitt147

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking colonization. Because Earth's galaxy doesn't really have anyone using it for anything so these otherwordly beings came over to put it to good use.
    The mc will be a sinister mastermind type. He is weak in confrontal fights he hasn't prepared for but isn't completely hopeless in a 1v1.

18. Kurotsubaki

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah, now i got the skeletal of this story. What you need to do now is write these down and patch up all plot hole that comes up. Do your best!
    PM me if you wanna discus more