Recommendations Weirdest Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MiRel, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MiRel

MiRel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the weirdest novels y'all ever read? I'm really curious

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hoppala, IAmEvil, Kansuou and 19 others like this.
  3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

hoppala, MiRel and otaku31 like this.
  4. Mister Div

Mister Div ? ¿ Founder of The Anti loli Alliance!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    weirdest novel well it was not a light novel and i cant remember the name of it but think berserk with twins set in new york

MiRel likes this.
  5. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever read a second person novel? Power of Creation in Machine Sliced Bread have that. Also, it's an r-18 novel. I'll just put the warning here.

Arash1 and MiRel like this.
  6. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

hoppala, Arash1, MiRel and 2 others like this.
  8. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
  9. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot the title, but it's a oneshot on NU.
    Let's just say it fucks up the little theater in my head. It's basically conversation between 2 people. One of them is... Idk the right word, phylosophing? about stories/life, and it brings up, for example,
    "some story have people with gender ambigious name, and it turns out he's a girl."
    "Like your name?"
    "Yeah."
    And my brain record screech stop, the director inside my head recast the play, re imagine the scene with a girl. Then i continue reading:
    Of course, i am a man
    The director inside my head table flips and reshoot the scene again
    That reshoot happens a lot, and it both wow'd and pissed me.

MiRel likes this.
  10. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is one the MC is a single cell.
    4.6 Billion Year Symphony of Evolution
    A cell that was born at the beginning of the life of a planet will see the rise and decline of countless civilizations, the speciation and extinction of organisms. Under the endless calamities of the world, nothing remains unchanging. Only by continuously changing oneself and evolving in the face of adversity could one achieve perfect victory.

The story starts from a little cell…

Cthulhu Gonfalon
    Cthulhu Gonfalon is a story about a man who woke up in another world. After a drink over his loss in a game, Sui Xiong ended up in the middle of the sea. Surprisingly, he now found out he no longer existed in a human shape but in a spirit state without any flesh. In order to survive and find a way to return to Earth, he then searched for a body to accommodate his spirit. After several confrontations with some creatures under the sea, he decided to settle for a Jellyfish flesh. This Jellyfish was extraordinarily huge. With its tentacles, it caught others’ spirits to nurture its own power. In this world, Sui Xiong wasn’t only matchlessly powerful but he also had an ability to cast magic. With this gifted ability and combined with his knowledge from the civilized world on Earth, he could help a deceased person resurrect, change a person’s look, and do tons of other crazy things that he didn’t know.

As his journey to discover this world went on, he encountered many bizarre and mystic creatures along the way, who were Gods, Humans, Devil Beasts, Giant Dragons and lots of other undetermined organisms. Some of them might insanely worship him, while others hated him. Some might become his enemies. Some might end up becoming his teammates in the end. From a gamer on Earth to here, he became a God (even he himself could not verify this yet), had his own religion and even a church with a Holy Land to fight for justice.

What kind of world is this? What kind of existences might live in this world? What kind of secret this world owns? Can Sui Xiong return to Earth?

Keep on following the story to find out the answers for those questions.

Little explanation about Cthulhu: Cthulhu has been described in appearance as resembling an octopus, a dragon and a human caricature, hundreds of meters tall, with webbed human-looking arms and legs and a pair of rudimentary wings on its back. Cthulhu’s head is depicted as similar to the entirety of a gigantic octopus, with an unknown number of tentacles surrounding its supposed mouth.

I Was a Sword When I Reincarnated (WN)
    I opened my eyes to find myself in another world. For some odd reason, I ended up as a sword. Before my eyes laid a plain full of magic beasts, and so, I launched my body and flew in search of a partner, a wielder (females only).

Wait. Absorbing magic stones gets me skills? Oh hell yeah! This be fun! More, more, give me more! Gimme all your magic stones! Okay, yeah no , but I am accepting anything anyone’s willing to give.

This tale is one that follows your everyday nerd, normal as could be, save for the fact that he happened to reincarnate as a sword.

MiRel likes this.
  11. Sadim

Sadim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like There is a Narrative Trick in this Story to me.

UnGrave, tak and MiRel like this.
  12. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Hardcore OPness

MiRel likes this.
  13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A novel that was really more like a collection of short stories about Egyptian gods as real people with interpersonal drama, different episodes having different main and supporting characters.

It was one of the first web novels I ever read. I don't remember details, so I couldn't say how it was weird, but I remember feeling the same thing I felt when trying to read a novel through Google translate for the first time.

And some of Alan Dean Foster's books were kinda weird. Like the The Journeys of the Catechist, and the ending parts of The Howling Stones.
    The Catechist ones, I remember there was even a scene where they were walking for hours across a shallow lake, and thinking about some cryptic 'eye of the beholder' line someone had told them as a warning, when the lake blinks and they realize they've been walking across a huge eye and have to run as fast as they can to get out of the 'lake' before it blinks again.
    Weird right?
    Also I think one of the main characters was a panther.
    cough
    I clicked this thread from the main page and didn't notice this was in "looking for..."
    You'd be looking for links to weird novels. I'll edit when I get some tomorrow.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  14. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Reincarnated Into a Vending Machine

15. AL007

AL007 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kpop novels / wattpad
    :whistle: most weirdest novels :sick:

BigBadBoi, Meloman, Arash1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    I reincarnated as a vending machine, panties,onsen,mahou shoujo wand,etc .

Arash1, UnGrave, MiRel and 1 other person like this.
  17. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I out myself now as homophobic.
    Not real but there was a story do not know title anymore but was one of the harem stories on some point the MC did it with a trap some years ago i have find it weird or wrong placed.

As far as wierd thing go for me mostly every good story have some twist but real wierd things that are left alone without an explanation latter on are rare.

MiRel likes this.
  18. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the title but it's was one shot story, at first paragraph there is word 'this chapter untranslated' then rest of paragraph kinda gilber mess of number symbol and every possible alphabet

MiRel likes this.
  19. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't have any 'ist', just that some very talented authors are weird by my standards. Phillip K. Dick is high on that list.

For novels that are both easy to read and enjoyable in weirdistan waters:

David wong- John dies at the end
    Matt ruff- bad monkeys

MiRel likes this.
  20. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say the weirdest novel I've ever read was that one time I tried writing a story in junior high school, and when I read it back to myself oh by was it weird. It didn't make much sense, I was too lazy to name any of the characters so I gave them numbers, and I'm pretty sure it was from the perspective of a rock or something... I don't know what my teachers were teaching me back then.

mir, MiRel, Meloman and 1 other person like this.