Discussion Recommendation - World's Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by AardwarkThe2nd, Nov 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Also known as All-Heaven Armageddon Online on LNMTL, this novel is the bomb. You should totally read it. This is going to be a recommendation post for this novel.

... Personally, I never thought this novel would be translated, honestly. This is probably the best novel I've read within the 'world travelling' genre - where MC travels through dimensions to gain power. That's mostly because of the premise - guess it from the title! That's right, a goddamn super-apocalypse is raging through, destroying all the worlds and MC is fighting for a chance to save all creation.

Now, let's start with the basic background for the novel's start. If you read the start of the novel, you might have some questions.

First things first, the MC is from an advanced future world with superpowers, with the ability to enter a xianxia world with his powers...
    But the title has Online, right? Where is the VRMMO? Why is only MC going into the VR world?

To explain that, I'll have to spoil MC's past life - which is revealed fairly early, but it might detract from the experience, so...
    The 'VRMMO online game' from the title was launched in MC's previous life. A super awesome VR game was launched which allowed players to fight demons in a 'VR xianxia world' and bring back items to the real world. Like most of the VR game stories, it was revealed that the 'VR xianxia world' was a real world as well.
    After that, it turned out that the demons were attacking the real world as well! And MC's real world was destroyed, the VR xianxia world was close to destruction as well, with the MC dying and timetravelling.

Anyway, MC's ability isn't exactly 'play in the VR world' but rather 'travel to a xianxia world from the real world'. He has past-life knowledge of some events, a system, scientific knowledge allowing him to build mechas, a bunch of awesome sword techniques, decent cooking skill, awesome winemaking ability and probably the most charisma and intelligence I've seen a xianxia protagonist display. And his final goal is to save both worlds.

To do that, MC has two goals - Stop the VR game from launching and ushering in the apocalypse in the real world while facing all the calamities that lead up to it. Plus, destroy the demons in the xianxia world. Well, that's only in the beginning.

Around ch. 250, when the third world is revealed, the story leaves the training wheels as the true scope is revealed.
    The mother of all apocalypses that impacts all worlds, be they scientific or cultivation based, real or illusionary, even those in the past and future...

BTW, if you liked Daoist Gu but don't really appreciate the MC feeding cute girls to bears and burning children for power, you might like this. It has timetravel elements (later on) as well, but a smart, scheming yet genuinely heroic MC to start with.

But remember, at a certain point after ch. 250, loads of 4D scheming bullshit pops up. MC is smart, the other guy is smarter and you are dumber than both of them so you have to wait until everyone has finished their moves and MC gives explanations of his actions. I put the story on pause (briefly) for that reason.

Kuroguma, Skoll028 and Astaroth like this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation is also high quality and there's 2 to 4 chapters/day releases.

3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    ... why didn't you just make a review?

4. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's one thing though that still hasn't been explained.
    When the MC leaves for another world, why does Impartial Goddess not say anything about it, since he completey vanishes.

5. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    The heck dude. He never had a goal to stop VR from happening. On the contrary it would've helped his world to resist.

Skoll028 likes this.
  6. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grind through 100 chapters, fucking rubbish. This can't even hold Reverend Insanity's shoes.
    The level of intelligent is simply abysmal. It sounds like a bunch of children pretending to be adults.
    The story is inconsistency.
    I already knew something is wrong when the MC basically offends almost every fucking influential figures where he lives and gave away good stuff for a THOT whom he isn't even that close to.
    In short, if you like a braindead hypocrite horny protag, you're welcome.
    Sorry if my words are too agitating. After witnessing LORD AND SAVIOR Fang Yuan's brilliance, every other goody two shoes MCs make me angry.

7. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause she is an AI. AI doesn't have a sense of curiousity.

8. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    well....the AI got this "make me more human" thingy from the Mc so we can be 90% sure that she can feel curiousity

9. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    Not true. As you read the story you see clues that demonstrate that she is becoming more and more human like.

10. grish99

Reading List:
    Link
    its weird how you bring up reverend insanity to a novel that have nothing to do with it.
    its like you are brainwashed
    I quess that Revered is realy good at brainwashing people

11. grish99

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to think that she thinks it's just another god chosen skill.
    well Anna was thinking like that

12. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? What made you think of that? VR game is the biggest disaster which ends up with his world being destroyed by demons, he is definitely trying his best to not let the VR game hit.
    Yeah, the early arcs are a bit too classic xianxia. The story grows the beard with the xianxia world's anti-demon expedition arc which starts around ch. 150. Around ch. 250, the world opens up. Around ch. 350, everyone is 4D scheming.

13. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because most people wouldn’t read or trust the reviews?

14. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk why, but i am always apprehensive to qidian novels. Especially to popular novel outside webnovel.c

15. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the problem with this wn is the cheats. All of em fell into his lap just... right on time. Nothing could stop him, not even the world dimensional level disasters. why need strategy when you can buldoze through everything with cheat-sama.

16. grish99

Reading List:
    Link
    no....in his first life the demons (sea mosters at first) were attacking his world then the VR game come and let the people of his world cultivate and develop.
    even when the sea monster started attacking in his 2nd life he clearly lament that the VR game didnt start and he have to create his own VR game cause humanity hopeless without it.
    And he never took any action that will stop VR game .
    and he is using the VR game but not with standart "skill point" system but with his "war god" system

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Green Apple likes this.
  17. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're getting things confused from reading the lnmtl. He fights The Game of Eternal which was the biggest disaster for humanity. The VR World's Apocalypse Online was a blessing to humanity since it allowed them to cultivate and bring back items to help the fight. The MC doesn't try anything to stop the VR, he originally prepares and waits for it.
    It was due to his actions at the start of the regression that throws plans and fate off its course. This led the demons to change the main target to his world rather than the cultivation. That's why the Apocalypse starts early and there is no VR game.

18. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daoist Gu as mentioned by creator of this thread is another name for Reverend Insanity
    5s google search can tell you that.
    since original poster brought it up why can other people not bring up their own thoughts about how they are similar/which is better

19. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not true? She is an AI after all. Her OS was upgraded to become more flexible and work around preprogrammed rules. The fact that she began developing her own personality doesn't void the fact that she is an AI at her core.
    At this point she still seems to have no curiousity to ask questions about his disappearances or his awareness of what's going on with the apocalypse. In the future she might though.

P.s. As an AI she just as well could've assumed that it is his weird God's Chosen skill or sth.

20. grish99

Reading List:
    Link
    oh.
    pardon me
    didnt read the whole post