Discussion How to make a good title about mumble rap?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ruyue, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumble rap, often known as "Sound Cloud Rap" is a subgenre of rap that has been gaining popularity in recent years. Some popular mumble rap artists include 6ix9ine(former rapper), Cardi B, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Playboi Carti, XXXTentacion(deceased), and Rich The Kid.
    Mumble rap is "the most recent art form of rapping - or arguably the art of not rapping. Rather than rapping clearly, eloquently, articulately and with prowess and esteem, mumble rappers string occasional words together, like “cat”, “sat” and if you're lucky, “mat”. And mumble rappers tend to do just that, they mumble" (http://theconversation.com/mumble-r...a-true-reflection-of-contemporary-times-85550).

Do you listen to mumble rap?
    What are your thoughts on it?
    Do you care that white mumble rappers say the n-word?

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ...wtf is that?

3. WorthierSky8

WorthierSky8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumble rap is garbage...it all sounds the same...just a bunch of mumbling in triplets and weird noises every now and then.
    I cam listen to almost any genre of music and like some of it (heavy metal, classic metal, new metal, rock and roll, rockabilly, bebop, hard bop, jazz, swing, blues, country, reggae, hip hop, blue grass, latin, kpop, jpop, dance hall, ska, hip hop, rap, ect) but not mumble rap.
    And it's not just about not understanding them (can't understand half of what I listen to from around the world). It all has the same flow and no real groove.

mir and Liola like this.
  4. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't listen to mumble rap i have heard it before. I don't like it never considered it a true problem just another neccessary step in the evolution in rap. When the hype dies down those who like it can incorporate some of it into the mainstream or take something from it. But the larger community has treated it as an blight upon rap in general. This has made it stagnant and almost incompatible with the old heads. Two bumping heads can't brainstorm

I'm black so yeah white people using the N-word is a little triggering, it mostly depends on why they are using it but to be real it's always gonna be a sensativs topic as long as the KKK and prejudice is around.

I look at it this way if you have earned the respect of the black community and are embraced by it your welcome to try your luck.

Mostly Latino's are able to use it. Immortal Technique, Fat Joe, Big Pun, Chris Rivers (Big Pun's Son), French Montana etc... If Eminem said it some would be greatly upset said the N word which he has at a live concert it won't draw much attention. it didn't blow up when he did wouldn't blow up now.

Black people love Latino's and we (culture) created Rap. So Latino's were embraced from the jump

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone who don't know what this thread is about, here is a video

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    And I am not exactly a fan of any type of rap

7. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't understand the rap, then it's pointless.

unless it sounds good, treat it like it's some foreign language or smth...

but most of the time it's just generic bland beats and some skrrrts, everything sounds the same -_-

all's well if the beat is dope tho*

8. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumbles unintelligibly.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  9. Megatron

Megatron Decepticon

Reading List:
    Link
    Only time I listen to mumble rap is at a club. I can appreciate it since it has a catchy beat so it's nice to dance with, but it's not something I go out of my way to listen to or even have on my phone. You can't even understand what they say anyway so I probably won't even catch it if they say the N-word

10. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link

mumble rap

11. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I rarely listen to rap unless its a classic like Eminem or someone from Kpop/Jpop like Soyeon or Daoko.

Given by the names you listed, nah. Those arent even good rappers. Just hyped shit.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Scatman? :aww:

13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumble rap is pretty on brand with the culture they advertise - low energy from pot and numb from meds. Honestly, I don't love or hate it, I'm apathetic about it. I don't listen to the radio and I don't purposely play these songs. I'm more annoyed by pop cause when I worked at one place, they always had the radio on and that station played the same 3 pop songs on repeat and I wanted to go on a killing spree. If anything, mumble rap is less annoying to me, you can nod off to it or ignore it as a background noise, unlike the repetitive and intrusive melodies of pop songs. Also, white rappers have no business using the n-word and I don't see why they would need to. Just use homie, fam, banger or whatever else cool slang black culture has developed. I understand why they like these words so much, but there's no need to take absolutely everything away. Just leave that one and its derivatives out. They already get to call women bitches and hoes. Take it as a win and move on.

14. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Garbage

15. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumble rappers to me seem like they are trying to speak baby, maybe they're on to something.
    Quick someone grab a baby and play the mumble rap and see if it talks back. :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco:

16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    can i assume this genre of music make no sense? it's more better listen some classic music than mumbling nonsense you can't understand....

17. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty performs a cat opera hoping that will help.

18. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm dead set against mumble rap. Just... no. It's all gibberish to me.