Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    So awesome, I didn’t know it was so popular. Gonna check it out. It’s not chinese yuri fanart but there are gender bender fanart for Chinese Yaoi novels which are nice.

This one, I particularly like https://twitter.com/pininglwj/status/1131826275323076608?s=21

2. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    On that note, I wish there was a Yuri Garden in Amino to talk and share stuff more

3. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    actually, there is yuri gardens or yuri in amino. Fans of yuri communicate and draw GL in there. I had account, unfortunate, i forget or lose password.

AsianessPride likes this.
  4. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I have Yuri Manga & Anime Amino, but I didn’t know there was a yuri garden on it

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they have novels where the mc reincarnated into the body of a harem protagonist but he tries to get all the harem members to ditch him and start a yuri relationship with one another? I thought it would be funny to read

Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  6. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be very interesting to read, however, the yuri couples would be considered side characters right? I doubt anyone would write a novel like that, but it would be interesting to read if translated

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, but you won't find this Yuri Garden on Discord or other sites. Branching away from NUF was the death of the Danmei Room, so I'd rather have our small but stable community here than split us across other platforms and have the fandom die an early death.

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  8. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    It's getting quiet on NUF, huh?

Let's play some games, then~! First: Which anime/novels or popular ships (F/M or M/M) do you think would be improved by making them yuri?

I, for one, think that the magical girl anime "Mermaid Melody" should have had Luchia fall in love with a girl! It doesn't make sense for someone from an all-female species to bother a boy, and Kaito would be much cooler as a surfer girl.
    (I think everything with mermaids can be improved with yuri, frankly!)

"Zero no Tsukaima" would also be much more satisfying if Louise ditched her cheating boyfriend and found a nice, happy ending with a girl. There were so many for her to choose from~! (And I'm personally biased towards Agnes.)

Disney Genderbends are also a lot of fun~!

9. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't it be kinda fun if Ciel and Sebastian (kuroshitsuji) were gender bent. A straight-laced perfect handsome maid girl and a wicked sadistic genius ojousama...

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: Oh, absolutely~! We already know how frilly and adorable Ciel can be as a girl, and this is apparently how cool Sebastian would look as a woman:

94d53cf05fb4caa9fe7dd596440575a9.jpg

It's too bad I couldn't find one with them together, but it would be a truly irresistible pairing~!

cielcute.jpg

11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Tho I now remember that Ciel was engaged, so wouldn't a frilly little girl Ciel and the frilly... Nah, too much frill

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Light and L (desunoto) would then make a class prez kinda cliche character with a psychopath twist and a sleepy adorable cutie who's kinda kuudere, huh

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. jingsen

jingsen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A gender bent ciel is right up my alley, though it is also the way (s)he dresses in that form that makes me like it.

Moonpearl likes this.
  14. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Elizabeth is too frilly all by herself... Although, I think frill x frill might be cute after all. They're different types of frill, after all~!

Hm... That would be pretty interesting~!

Do you mean you rpefer him in the frilly pink dresses, or in the ouji-style outfits he usually wears?

15. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Not translated yet but ‘Willing to Hook’ is a favorite of mine; maybe ‘The task of crossing is not scientific (Quick wears)’
    Records of the poison doctor pursuing her wife’ is awesome, and Female amad Tyrant Cool’ as well

Ubik likes this.
  16. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I could see a Siesta x Louise ship with Siesta as the top and Louise the submissive tsundere. Henrietta x Louise also works.

Any dense harem protag story where the MC gets dumped by his neglected harem who turn to yuri.

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, finally back from vacation that turns out into need to nearly fully change the desktop. I'm just tired after restoring nearly all information :blobangery:

As comedy and good character interactions - yes. But I count Superhuman Princess higher as a whole story.
    Right now it's deleted looks like. If gender is changing rapidly in text it's mostly MTL one without even trying to edit.
    Looks nice. And it's quite short.
    Some them were awesome :aww:
    In Disney one it will be interesting to see "Beauty and the Beast" :blobsmirk:
    In anime:
    in recent "Darling in the FranXX"
    in older Robotech/Macross one (first series/season) (yuri triangle there will be entertaining at least) :blobpopcorn:
    These ones:
    Mistress, I Was Wrong
    I Favor the Villainess
    Yuri Fitness system (untranslated)
    -----------
    There are some manga series that have ended:
    Ikenai Otona - not the best one ending but MC looks like ending with some kind of harem of schoolgirs.

After some years someone picked up Sougou Tovarisch or Comprehensive Tovarisch and finally translated all that chapters that were left behind for eternity.

And Mimi Mix! has fully translated it was good enough while it lasted. And there is even new series by this author
    Is This What A God-Tier Game Means ? :
    Senoo Anna recently got a job at a social game company called Kami Games, which turns out to be run by actual Gods.
    Sexy... a selfish idol... an alcoholic... someone who loves cute girls... various other Gods and... a black lily?
    Game development begins!
    2 chapters so far it's more like comedy with some fanservice for now.
    There is: Lazy goddess as president. Alcoholic oni goddess as programming person. Archangel who is responsible for PR and idol in the meantime. Fox/dog perverted goddess as responsible for scenario and setting. And one human responsible for drawing. Combine that in crew that is gaming studio what could possibly go wrong? :blobjoy:

Moonpearl and Yandere Devil like this.
  19. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Mistress, I was wrong, Noble consort pet empress, Never dare to abuse female protagonist, Ivory Moonlight, Record of the Poison Doctor Pursuing Her Wife, after exchange shadow. I think all Chinese Yuri novel should adapt to manga.

20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh~! :aww: Yeah, if there's one novel I want to see get a manhua adaptation, it's "Female General and Eldest Princess". Having ones for "Didn't Know the General Was Female" and "The General’s Manor Young Concubine Survival Report" would be nice too.

As for Japanese ones... Definitely "I Favor the Villainess"~!

Harem that becomes yuri would definitely be great~! Although I personally don't like Siesta and I'm a little iffy about Henrietta, after the crap she pulled in the last season.

Welcome back~! Was the vacation at least nice?

"Beauty and the Beast" would certainly be a sweet yuri~! I think "Tarzan" would be interesting that way, too.

For guys who like harem anime, I guess they'd like it less. I don't care about their disappointment, though! :blobhero: