Discussion How stats affecting each other... IRL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0000000, Nov 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Only talking about Strength (STR), Stamina/ Constitution (CON), Dexterity (DEX) and Agility (AGI). If you have any other input on the other stats such as Intelligence, Wisdom, Luck, Charisma and others, please note down too, thanks. Also, if you know that there is another thread for this topic, please link me. Thank you.

Just loosely taking reference from DnD and MMORPGs that uses these four stats and try to put them into RL context, if you have questions and/ or solutions, please note down.

So following DnD, STR and CON are two different stats, with one for carry limit and attack points while the other constitutes health and stamina. In some MMORPGs however, STR covers the both fields in attack points and health. The inverse occurs in DnD where DEX covers AGI, where in MMORPGs DEX means hand-eye coordination in terms of crit rates while AGI means movement and attack speed.

Put it in Reincarnator terms, STR and CON are a pair while DEX and AGI is the other pair, one must balance both stats that is in the pair in order to achieve greater synergy in stats. Then if you put into RL context, one will notice how STR and AGI can work together as spoken in certain xuanhuan novels, as Mass*Acceleration=Force and that there are correlations between AGI and CON as well as STR and DEX. AGI means to move fast and with too little CON, it is basically like cheetahs with fast sprints but short running time. STR and DEX works by having the person with better control of his body to facilitate better force transmission like those in 全球高武, having high blood force (气血, basically STR) means shit if one has little control over how he is emitting/ wasting them (DEX).

From here sort of forms three extra pairings compared to the original two:
    STR-CON
    AGI-DEX
    STR-AGI
    AGI-CON
    STR-DEX

For tldr, is there any correlation between Dexterity and Constitution, and why if yes/no?

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    what is constitution? I dont play games
    is Dex how nimble one is?

0000000 likes this.
  3. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Strength without constitution has your body tearing itself apart with every feat of superhuman activity. Agility without dexterity has you charging straight into objects capable of ending your life in a heartbeat as you cannot accurately control the agile nature of your range of movement.

games and related stories use the stats system despite the relic nature of overlooking the fact you cannot put everything to judgement with a simple number.

your reference for constitution sounds more like the popular "Endurance" stat, rather than actual constitution which suggests how sturdy or resilient your physique is.

wisdom and intelligence and luck are all stats that also cannot be accurately represented with just numbers, depending on how they are viewed, as wisdom is how knowledgeable you are ( 2 people could be WIS 20, but one of them is wise about society or economics or business while the other is wise in science, history or nutrition etc) and INT is just how quickly do you grasp the concepts needed to create a solid foundation for WIS.

taking the stat system further, every named portion of the body should have its own corresponding stats relating to STR, CON, AGI, DEX etc and then a higher order system that displays your competence in coordinating these stats towards any given outcome.

Mnotia, mir, Astaroth and 2 others like this.
  4. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't agility be limited by strength and constitution as well? Assuming agility covers speed as well that is. It wouldn't make much sense if someone who can barely lift a chair or his/her body breaks at the slightest touch be able to move at supersonic speeds. They won't have the strength to go that fast and even if they were they would be torn apart by the wind resistance

0000000 likes this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Constitution is basically stamina, health points and how well you cope with poison and debuff.

Dexterity is hand-eye coordination, reflexes

6. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, but it's the PoV again, for example technically I view Agility as flexibility, whether still or in motion one's agileness is a sign of their flexibility, in motion or at rest. thus dexterity is almost built into agility as far as I am concerned.

But for my example, imagine you put your stats into a STR-AGI combo popular in games for the Main DPS. you are fast and powerful, but you cannot hit a target, dodge an attack or even absorb much of the impact. You are more likely to harm yourself them your opponent xD

0000000 likes this.
  7. Yggdrasil108

Yggdrasil108 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think DEX should be able to form a pair with every other physical stat since the ability to control your body and force transmission is positive for everything.
    If your CON sets how long you can run then you can artificially raise it with force transmission and the conversation of energy.

If you know about marathon running the Nike Vaporfly 4% (known for helping Eliud Kipchoge run a full marathon in under two hours) is an example for that. It helps the athlete to converse energy that would normally be lost thus helping to keep and reach a certain speed as well as making it easier to run for a longer time.
    In game term it would raise DEX which thus increases your CON as well as your AGI.

0000000 likes this.
  8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know wisdom + intelligent work great

0000000 likes this.
  9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    #Metoo.

But seriously, the reason why i did not add in these two stats is because they are quite vague like those of Luck.

And in some works, people who mainline these two stats turn into some weird energy/ mana being.

10. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    STR-AGI
    =>
    let's go into detail, shall we?
    having high STR / in your case explosive power, without the aid of AGI / movement speed will be like a super slow punch that contains at least 100 N force. It's impractical since if we put it blatantly the Force = STR * AGI [STR as the mass or explosive power multiplied by the acceleration as shown in AGI]

AGI-CON
    => let's go into detail, shall we?
    AGI as assumed to be movement speed or how fast your limb can move. Now each limb has mass. Let's say you go into a 5x G (Earth Gravity), how does it compare having a 10 AGI and 100 AGI?
    You just need a POV on how to view the stats. Have you ever watched human shredded apart / ignited for moving too fast? THE FLASH!
    So you need CON (Constitution) as assumed to be stats that affect the cells that make up the human body [regeneration/endurance/etc]

STR: reflects on how high you can produce explosive power maybe? or just pure muscle power?
    AGI: reflects on how fast your body can move
    DEX: reflects on how much control you have over your body movement
    CON: reflects on how high performance your body cells have [how fast it can repair itself, how much impact it can withstand / etc]
    INT: reflects on how much knowledge and how fast you can absorb knowledge
    WIS: works like DEX, but it's more like how you can apply your knowledge into practical thing [imagine a gear system, then the WIS represents the blueprint of how the gears gonna turn. Higher WIS means you can make a more complicated blueprint]

My internet is super slow now, so maybe it'll be a double post, but at least the explanation here can be use as a reference

0000000 likes this.
  11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TL;DR: Overlap between dex and con? Hmm... Maybe something about the body's flexibility. You can be fast, strong and hardy but be basically incapable of doing a split. Or any number of more impressible superhuman feats.

0000000 likes this.
  12. Faye

Faye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DEX - CON relationship can viewed on an example is "old veteran soldier"

as his CON regress by age, his DEX will regress slower than CON
    You can see him having agile movement, quick judgement and able to act in a nick of time, but can't last long enough in a prolonged battle

Honestly, I can't really how much is the impact of relationship between DEX and CON, but let's say people with high DEX mostly need to train their body so it can move according to their mind.

Example: Sasuke+Sharingan can watch how Rock Lee moves, but he can't control his body to move according to his mind, so he can't evade being hit by Rock Lee. Do you judge Sasuke as lacking in DEX or CON?

0000000 likes this.
  13. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    By real life logic, yes. Not by game logic. The mind collects and relays information that alters other abilities in real time as a system. If the body's injured, the mind will relay that to the rest to not go overboard and injure the body. In other words, stats would be rebalanced or handicapped the more damage is taken and the longer mental concentration is applied.

0000000 likes this.
  14. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Darkness you mean? She is strong but her attacks pretty much never lands

0000000 likes this.
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So let me summarise what has been written, it will be rough, but screw it.
    In normal human anatomy
    STR = Slow Muscle that generates High Power
    AGI = Fast Muscle that generates Low Power
    DEX = Nervous System
    CON/END/STA* = Toughness of Body and Energy Reserve

*Constitution/ Endurance/ Stamina

16. Risus

Risus ✵ Enigmatic Poet ✵ Tiger ✵ Reese's ✵

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, irl straightforward speed is governed more by strength, since strength is the term for what gives you the actual ability to exert force with your limbs.
    i.e. Pushing off one foot to the other. Agility would be more so ones ability to perform turns, bends, spins, juking, Being able to make complex movements while in motion.
    Of course without agility, or flexibility, or more accurately mobility ones stride would be trash. That person would be a very inefficient runner and probably injury prone. Incapable of using their strength fully and so being slower than they could be.
    Really a lotta games got the meaning of strength and agility fucked up, or maybe purposely simplify em, which confuses things in topics like this

Flexibility is largely passive and indicative of a joint's ability to get into different ranges of motion without muscular involvement.
    Mobility is where the muscle comes into play, its actually having control and being able to apply force in the ranges of motion flexibility can get you into.
    If you see Dex as a more general coordination id think it has a part to play in controlling your various ligaments in those ranges of motion.
    Said control would give you more stability and comfort in pretty much everything requiring movement, which ties in to Con as general health.

OP, youre stating mass*acceleration=force as an indicator of str-agi synergy as if strength equals mass? I mean... A person with more strength can handle more mass yes. And when one gains strength they gain mass yes. But while they hold correlation they are not the same.
    Strength is the ability to move an object with force, mass is how much matter that object holds.

If a muscle is fast it will generate greater power than a slower one (one needs more acceleration to exert more force, right?) but it will tire faster. This gets into the very fibers of the musculoskeletal system.
    Theyre divided into mostly fast twitch (which i jist mentioned) and slow twitch; which is endurance based and exerts less force but can go on longer because of it and its fuel source.

Youve heard of muscle memory, yeah? Well thats just your body forming and reinforcing neural pathways from doing things repetitively, which can equal greater reflexes and does equal greater coordination as your body learns to do what ypu want it to do almost automatically.
    Plus theres the whole muscle recruitment (think of it like noobs can only use 20% of their muscle while high level pros can use 50%, its like the 10% of the brain myth, but scientifically proven) thing due to firing of more motor neurons leading to strength gains.
    That mind-muscle connection is how you can link wis/int to phys stats, by way of dex?

Really dex, if you take its literal def, is a subset of agi. Like being agile but micro leading to a smoother operating macro?

Anyway, thats enough ranting. I like working out and gaming systems so i got all excited when i saw this topic

0000000 likes this.
  17. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...ource=android-browser&q=fast+and+slow+muscles
    Basically what I am trying to infer, but yeah, I get what you mean by the gaming terms oversimplifying how our body works. Even in WNs this problem of simplificating game terminology has been quite an issue.

18. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Imma dumb it down for my fellow 3heads.

No CON = cant move netter
    No STR = NO BANG
    No AGI = you dead
    No DEX= bad at moving around
    Too much CON = nothing bad
    Too much STR = you turn into a big mudcle
    Too much AGI = run and turn into a meat bomb
    Too much DEX = nothing bad

Heres the explanation for my 5heads.

Without CON the human body cannot withstand any amount of force (because CON stands for CONstitution). Lets say this; you just came out of a 2 year coma. You're not gonna be able to move because all the muscle and fat within your body has basically deaded itself trying to keep you alive and not deaded. When you wake up from your coma your body would have a Brit-boy quality immune system and not a strong Ameri-boy immune system. Viruses and bacteria would wipe you from existence while your body gets nae naed cause some left the window open. Also, with no CON you wont be able to handle the strength of inhaling and exhaling so you'd just fuckin die.

Without STR you'll be able to exert force but it'll be weak as a newborn babies maybe even weaker. For example; you kick a ball. Your foot will hit the ball with a certain amount of kinetic energy which will cause it to move or somethin. But, if you have no STR you'd kick the ball and nothing would happen or if my brain is correct your leg would break because the ball has more kinetic energy then your foot. So, without STR your weaker than a fucking newborn baby.

Without AGI you die.....please don't look at me like that (AGI means agility/speed). Ok, you want the big brain answer then get prepped. If you dont have enough speed/energy in your body the EVERYTHING in your body slows down to the point of molecules are no longer moving which means your body isnt heating up form the friction which also means you freeze to death because your not hot from friction. So, Without AGI you slowdown so much that you die from being hypothermia.

Without DEX your body cant operate properly (DEX means Dexterity/Control). If you have no DEX than that means you have no control over your body. Having no control over your body means you have to manually breath, digest food, make your heart beat, move your blood cells, keep your immune system clean, blink manually, sweat manually, and etc. The inside of the human body basically works on auto-pilot but what do you think will happen if someone added anti cheat software? We'd have to do everything manually. Now that may seem easy but remember YOU are doing this with the help of your brain. So that means you cant forget to keep your heart beating or forget to breath. So, without DEX you cant do shit other than remembering to breathe.

Edit: was halfway done when I accidentally clicked post reply....fuck life man.

0000000 likes this.
  19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    INT is your harddrive space and content... Everything you know and everything you can do is stored there... You can't lift a finger or conjure up a single thought about any subject, without some of your INT being allocated to store all the necessary variables and programming...

However... While every piece of knowledge and every skill you possess, falls under INT. Ultimately, INT is just potential... Being able to apply your skills and knowledge, requires that you are able to, both choose the right "program" for your current circumstanses and execute it, within the often very limited time... So... WIS is the quality of your programming and your access and processing speed...

djsosonut and 0000000 like this.