Discussion Joker sequel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 155674, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it seems after the success of the first movie, the Joaquin Joker might be getting a sequel :blobscream: (was looking for a chance to use this blob :blobrofl:)
    Anyway, source for this
    This would be great if it doesn't get canceled :blobsweat_2:

SquadCammander354, 0000000 and Arash1 like this.
  2. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think I want a sequal. Seems like the kind of story where adding more to it does nothing but dilute the message and the effect it has.

3. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    To be a little honest, I feel the same :blobsweat_2: but then again there is the possibility that it might also be great or even better :hmm:

0000000 and Enny2209 like this.
  4. Zackarov

Zackarov ~ Cheese Bear ~

Reading List:
    Link
    joker vs batman, but from joker perspective as the protagonist.

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm ok with a sequel. Even if it tanks. I don't look forward to it, but if it comes out, i'll watch it.

6. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    The question is not if there will be a sequel but if Joaquin will be in it. The article you have cited is only for the director. Joaquin has said in a different interview that he will not do another Joker movie just because of the first movie's success. This statement has been understood that he isn't saying no straight up to doing another movie, only that he has to be impressed by the script for him to do a second movie.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I did not watch it. My surrounding (not friends) are a bunch of mixed reactions, and I am getting tired of hearing "we live in a society" shit, I get it, 人在江湖,身不由己。The whole Joker let it go, let it go~ as his surrounding is shite so he shits back thing to me is OK, but please stop showing it in my face. The staircase dance thing is quite fun though.

GDLiZy and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  8. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be opening a can of worms right here just because I've heard so many critics praising this film but I don't think I'll be watching the second film because I wasn't even impressed by the first one.

Summarized reasons being there were too many plot holes within the first movie that weren't answered and the Joker's personality is different from what I had originally expected as someone who expected to see the development of the persona seen on Dark Knight.

But that's just me tho. Pretty sure they'll continue to make billions off the second movie regardless of a potato's choice :blobsweat:

9. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The joker movie really wasn't a "we live in a society" kinda movie. It was more about a sad mentally ill dude who seeks help and gets ignored and abused until he freaks out and goes off his meds and realizes that him freaking got him the attention he desperately wanted and so he escalates as he gets more and more abused.

10. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It made over a billion dollar in box office. I'm sure there will be sequel. Whether the sequel will be good or not is another story.

Batman begins is a good film. And it's sequel, The Dark Knight is an amazing film. But of course, there are countless examples of a sequel not living up to it's predecessor.

11. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it would probably be like that at some point seeing how the movie ended :hmm:
    Understandable :blobokhand:
    That is why I said "Joaquin Joker might be getting a sequel" :blobsweat_2:
    Otherwise it will probably another different joker even if the portrayed character is the same :blobsweat:
    Yes the staircase dance is very fun :blobjoy:
    I see your point, that joker was great, but there were debates about the topic, and Joaquin Joker is quite the change compared to other jokers :hmm:

Little Potato likes this.
  12. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed :blob_plusone:
    Yes, exactly :blobokhand:

13. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    The difference between you and me is just one bad day
    :blobsleeping::blobsleeping::blobsleeping:

14. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm quite impressed with how Joaquin potrays a man struggling with mental disorder in the movie, but the Joker's personality in the movie itself feels very different from the canons. compared with the Joker in the dark knights, for example.

Me no likey :blobpensive: