LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. CuriousBlackCat

CuriousBlackCat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...why can't our MC just do anything normally? Anything at all. Absolutely anything. I mean really...

Any. Thing.

justmehere likes this.
  2. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes a lot of sense seeing as how people are reacting to all these random lightning strikes.

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    SS core is probably going to skip the fourth stage and turn into a living being like lamia-sama or ghost gf bae. Though a fat whale isn't much of a waifu material, eh?

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If he were a normal MC, I'd expect his whale to become a dragon by the time it finished forming. Now I'm half-expecting it to become some sort of armored aquatic tank...

"Coincidentally, when Immortal Fairy Bie Xue said that, Lady Onion in Song Shuhang's size-reducing purse had just woken up from her coma." lol.

5. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause he's the MC after all why did naruto get the strongest bijuu or ichigo every race power?

6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it... Isn't SS kinda like spiderman?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a part of me that's expecting a shibari joke in the next chapter...

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The commands seem to wear off quite quickly though? Even if he gets it to work, it wouldn't really matter since it'd wear off long before she drove again.

9. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The worst cultivation Lineages is definitely the Scholar Lineages. 1-4th stages you will only thin shadows at best 5th-6th stage no one remember your dao name. 7th stage even you yourself will forget your own dao name. I think even 8th stage showing divinity for the masses won't solve this. Scholar Lineages must end.
    Shuhang has been planning to distribute his 7 dao names so far
    Little Cai = Virtuous Saber
    Tyrant Saber Song One = ghost spirit #1(at least the Song ONE part)
    Daoist Wood=reserved
    Whale road street = Joseph (Cause he moved and lived there now so this dao name can only be applied to him)
    Mountain of Books=
    Scholar Wayfinder= reserved
    Benevolent cultivator =

I wonder if he also give one of his dao name to Li Yizhu?
    And there only 2 dao names left
    Maybe he can give his other dao name to his other 2 disciple that is on another plane.

10. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I just looked forward in the Raws. His development becomes even more unique. With my foreknowledge, I'm starting to suspect that Song Shuhang may not be able to boil water on a stove top normally... wait, since Venerable White messed with the stove top he has access to, that's actually true too!
    I've only currently found up to his growth to 5th Stage, and the some of the side effects of that:
    Events directly regarding to the MC finishing his core and truly reaching 4th Stage start at chapter 1160.
    MC reaches true 4th stage at the end of chapter 1162, but the effects of doing so start in chapter 1163.
    MC forms his first Dao Bone at the very end of 1163, and we get details about what happens with the Dao Bone in 1164.
    The events that push the MC to the end of 4th Stage and into 5th Stage starts late chapter 1352, but the actual event that pushes his growth starts chapter 1353.
    The MC starts to his Tribulation in chapter 1356, and finishes in 1357.
    MC sees how many Dragon Patterns he gains in chapter 1361.
    An interesting event starts in chapter 1370, and comes to the MC's notice at the end of chapter 1373. The results of the event starts at the end of chapter 1404, and finishes in 1406, with no real major details for that event happening between 1373 and 1404.

11. CuriousBlackCat

CuriousBlackCat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was meant to be a joke not an actual question.

Thank you for the time you took, but I really wasn't looking for any hint of what happens in future chapters. I mentioned this earlier as well that the best part of this story is being unable to figure out what happens next, especially since I've been able to call plot twists and stuff like that in most series I follow, so finding one that throws me for a loop on a regular is honestly wonderful.

12. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    How many Dragon Patterns did he form in the end?

13. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why I put everything remotely major in spoilers. Honestly, your comment just reminded me of what I had read ahead years ago, and I wanted to go back and reread it.

That's a... surprisingly tricky question to answer. To the point where I don't actually want to, as I would not be able to give the what happens justice.

14. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    It is kind of funny on how they treat seniority here. For example a cultivator have a great great great grand daughter who went out to experience the world. And later came back being a dao companion of a 10,000 year old fossil. That cultivator took out his sword to have a "talk" with that fossil. And it turns out it was his ancestor. He immediately kneel.
    Or maybe having a family reunion for cultivator like your great great great great grandson turns out marrying your great great grand aunt. Quiet a heartache.
    Cultivators family are a mess.

15. cnnl99

cnnl99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest waiting till the translation catch up, as Shuhang's 5th Stage is rather... special.

16. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's be honest, that's probably one of the most realistic facts that would happen in a Cultivation Society that NEVER gets addressed in Cultivation Novels. And the bowing to their ancestor is due to Chinese Culture making "respecting their ancestors" a major societal value, and that carrying over into a fictional culture where it doesn't make sense. Which is why the MC of Cultivation Novels either doesn't have Ancestors, or has a "good reason" to fight with their main ancestral family (such as the MC's parents being unfairly betrayed by said main family).

17. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    In this novel seniority is based on strength alone (I forgot in which chapter it was mentioned). Because of SS promoting every month (you'd be rather slow to not realize it by now) sooner or later he will pass the cultivation level of every member of the Nine province number (1) group. It would be kind of awkward to be addressed as Senior by someone who has a higher cultivation level than you. For example Medicine Master (4th stage) being addressed as Senior by SS (10th stage Immortal).

18. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be SS being polite.

19. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    But what would other people say. And the pressure of being called a Senior by a big shot would be enormous

S4TY4 likes this.
  20. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    He might not care.