[Poll] Could you act like a fake lover with a stranger?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 21, 2019.

Tags:
?

How confidently could you hide as a fake couple for 10 weeks?

1. 100% confident - I’d last until the very end!

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. 100% confident - I’d definitely make a profit

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. 100% confident - I’m sure I can last 10 weeks no matter who my partner is

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. 90% confident

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. 80% confident

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. 66% confident

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. 50% confident

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  8. 33% confident

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. 20% confident

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. 10% confident

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. 0% confident - It’s impossible for me to last 10 weeks

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  12. 0% confident - I would be discovered right away

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  13. I would get in a fight with my partner immediately

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  14. I wouldn’t even try and lose immediately

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  15. I would intentionally lose immediately

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  16. I would kill myself (or my partner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I’m unsure

11 vote(s)
    13.6%
  18. I do not wish to answer

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    how hard could it be to find someone who is greedy and manipulative?

2. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) No idea. It would depend on who I was matched up with.
    2) Odds are the real couples would, but that really depends on which side works best together to win and whether the real couples are perceptive enough.
    3) Try to talk to as many people as possible, and try to find someone that I could get along with.
    4) Just act like myself and try to get closer to the partner I end up with. Reason being is the more you know about your partner the less likely you would be to be found out. Oh, and I would be "caught" talking to them about who could be a fake couple every so often.
    5) Pretty much look for those who seem a bit awkward at first and befriend them. If they are fake make a deal that I would watch their back if they outed the other fakes. If they were real then use them as bait for others.

3. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. It was a bit unclear.
    1 Hard to say. The first weeks are the most important as it's the period where the fake couple are more awkward. It's very important for the fake couple to have some sort of synergy to adapt. Having a social awkward partner is most of times a instant death.

2 6 month tie maybe? Seem way too complicated to predict every scenario.For the first half of the game, real couple have a huge advantage early on but the later, they are going to die extremely fast because of lack of safe target.

3 The faster to calm down after the initial panic.

4 Just enjoy my life on the ship. The game is a totally scam. Surviving at least 10 week to not lose money is ridiculous. Mostly about the amount of stress you build up trying either to guess and foul people. I feel my chance to survive for 10 weeks as real or fake couple is the same.

5 Talking. I need to find a big amount of fake couple that are well hidden to use them as cannon fodder after the most obvious ones are killed. Try to force act to make people suspect us as fake couple but not enough to believe that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  4. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me and the fake couple will be in the room all day and all night only ordering in for food.

No one will notice us whilst we fudge the days away

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    If you were in a fake couple, couldn't you just go on a murder spree and kill all of the real couples and then win? Murder as in literal murder btw. *Pokes @lychee *

felidormit likes this.
  6. JokeProgrammer

JokeProgrammer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobflag::blobflag::blobflag:
    For real ?

7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a very large assumption. If the split in 50/50, while the overall risk to the fakes is higher the risk per fake couple would actually be lower. A tree in the forest, you could say.
    If i were the magical girl, i would make it so that it seems like everyone votes even though the fakes dont vote. That way, the fake couples have a chance to actually act their way through when it comes to interacting with real couples.

8. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't even decently act as a girlfriend when I really was dating let alone fake it with some random person lol.

9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If you put me in a monster pit, I am bringing you along :blobspearpeek: and a wifi :blobpats:

10. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Or alternatively you befriend the real couples and help them to vote off fakes couples you don't like. Honestly, I could see this game involving a ton of intrigue having nothing to do with romance/relationships.

11. Silverfrost

Silverfrost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just do the small things, actions speak louder than words.

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda want to write a quick dumb program to run a few simulations and see what you get when everyone guesses randomly without judging behaviors...

Now if I had to guess fake couples, I'd go after the try-hards first - the overly showy like they have something to prove. After I eliminate those, no idea. If I were to pretend in a fake couple, I probably wouldn't change anything much other than consult them from time to time about trivial shit. I wouldn't even worry about skinship. I'd say we're aromantic asexuals and have a platonic relationship, I mean, we exist. In 200,000 people, there have to be like 200-2000 asexuals. I'd look for other disinterested people and wait out till the 23rd hour till most are done pairing up lol. Or I'll hold a sign 'Asexual looking for asexual'. Tempted to do that in real life sometimes lol. But then I remember I don't wanna share my free time and living space with someone else. I'm not gonna waste a million to kill a real couple - waste of money. They're gonna take themselves out by guessing wrong most of the times. But really, this just sounds like a scheme to put a majority of people in debt.

13. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I once got into a relationship not because I really liked the girl but simply because I don't want to be lonely. And we did all couple's things. Dinner, holding hands, cuddle, kiss, even some hot action. This is easy.

14. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read enough shoujo and Josei manga and I'm definitely prepared
    Though in all honesty 4 to 5 weeks might be my max

15. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How confidently could you last >10 weeks as a fake couple?
    80% depend on my partner, because me on works and me on home literally different like night and day, like borderline of DID. In fact I will act like I in love at public and normal self at private.. first you must know and real time read subtile sign of what not do, what is allowed from your partner... And if you fake, you need find a golden digger (sorry about this) they more experience on this

2. Who do you think will “win” this game? The real couples or the fake couples? Or will it be a 6-month tie?
    Depend on how they act, something fake one more stable than real one or depend on compatibility personality of coupe. And probably fake coupe can fallen in love each other.

3. How would you pick your fake couple partner during the 24-hour pairing period?
    Observe them and find confused one or find the one that smile at you or try take your attention, from my experience (dating sim) don't pick shy one, ultra beauty, high and mighty, because they hard to get. More importantly pick yandere if you can see one, act as semi-pasif let her/him take lead and probably you will auto win.... Just hope when you return your partner far away as possible or it will bite you.

4. How would you imagine yourself playing this game?

I will puke rainbow because it too flower

5. If you were a real couple, what’s your strategy for finding fake couple’s?
    Progress... Everyone is stranger how they can suddenly became very close each other, slip of word, awkward act, and dozen other subtile sign that I explained in word... Also please don't see me as stalker, but as former security my job observe people even it very boring

16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    This system is bugged......a fake couple can plot with a true couple to eliminate the othwr and both gain without loses....

17. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do monster pits next

18. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    That would clearly prove that you're a fake couple, and other's could vote you at the end of the week.

Real couples have zero incentive to kill other couples. In fact, it decreases their probability of coming out not-broke.

19. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you can't be obvious about knifing people. You gotta be careful about it. Set traps that kill people, things like that. Keep everyone in the dark And once, you've cultivated an atmosphere of sufficient fear...

20. girisuherman

Reading List:
    Link
    Romantic spaceship became horror spaceship

lychee likes this.