Discussion [Poll] If your spouse became the demon lord...?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you join the Demon Lord and kill your friends?

1. Yes - Because I embrace the Dark Side

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes - Because I want to be with the Demon Lord

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Yes - Because I think the Demon Lord can change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - Because I want to try changing/saving the Demon Lord

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Yes - Because there is a chance they'll recover their memories

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes - Because I don't want to die

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Yes - Other reason

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. No - Because I will never join the Dark Side

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No - Because I won't kill my friends

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  10. No - Because I don't see the current Demon Lord as the same person as before

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  11. No - Because I can't forgive the Demon Lord for all their crimes in this life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. No - Because I think it's naive to think I can change the Demon Lord

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  13. No - Because I think the Demon Lord is manipulating/using me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. No - Because the Demon Lord is scary/terrifying

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. No - Because it goes against my morals

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  16. No - Other reason

8 vote(s)
    14.5%
  17. I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  18. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Yesterday you hit your head, and it caused you to regain your memories from your past life.

Specifically, you remembered a lifetime when you were happily married to... to... the current Demon Lord!

Of course, the current Demon Lord wasn't a Demon Lord back then, and both of you were just happy normal individuals. You lived together until old age and you were genuinely deeply in love with each other. The (former) Demon Lord was a kind, loving, and wonderful person. You were soul mates with each other and they were everything you could have ever wanted in an ideal lover.

In this lifetime, you instantly recognized the current Demon Lord as your former spouse because you have a special ability to see souls. The current Demon Lord's soul is identical to your former spouse's soul, and it feels extremely nostalgic to you since you regained your memories.

The current Demon Lord did not retain their memories from their past life. They have no memory of you, and if anything they see you as a mortal enemy.

+ + +

The current you is a member of the Hero's party, which has a mission objective of exterminating the Demon Lord to save the universe. There is a 99.9% chance of failure, but any proper protagonist knows to disregard statistics that the probability of successfully navigating an asteroid field is 3,720 to 1.

You are a support class member and your attack/defense/constitution and other base statistics are horrible. You are weaker than a common Villager A. The only reason why you are part of the Hero's party is because you have uncanny passive abilities (e.g. seeing people's "souls"). For instance, when you get a "bad feeling", you are never wrong about your vague intuition. You have saved the Hero's party multiple times because you spoke up when you had a "bad feeling", and your entire team trusts you with their lives.

You do not know very much about the current Demon Lord except that they are extraordinarily cruel, evil, dark, morbid, and everything bad bad bad bad! Your party has fought the Demon Lord multiple times before you regained your memories, and s/he is legitimately the most terrifying existence in the entire universe... which is incidentally why they threaten the existence of the whole universe.

You vaguely know that the current Demon Lord had a very dark and evil childhood in this lifetime. The environment that they were raised in was unimaginably horrible/traumatic, and you are convinced that they only turned out this way because their environment twisted them into their current evil state.

You have very mixed feelings right now, since you regained your memories.

You still harbor feelings of love for the current Demon Lord's soul (which you can see), but you objectively know that they are a totally different person from who they were in their previous lifetime.

+ + +

You ultimately decided to continue with the Hero's Party, and you didn't tell anyone about formerly being married to the Demon Lord (note: this would be like claiming you were married to Adolf Hitler in your past life).

In the final battle between the Hero's Party and the Demon Lord, the Hero lost.

However, before blatantly killing everyone off, the Demon Lord suddenly turns to you (...somehow you didn't get any injuries despite that whole battle).

"Hey. You. Join me in destroying the Universe with Pure Evil, or else I'll kill you."

You are flabbergasted and you don't give a response immediately.

"Oh, but kill your friends first. Otherwise, I won't believe in your resolve to join the Dark side."

The rest of your party is entirely incapacitated and severely wounded. There is zero chance of them turning the tide, and your team is completely out of tricks. You have a dagger equipped, which is normally entirely useless, but you could use it to murder your former companions.

The hero and his party are in total despair, but they are confused about why the Demon Lord is telling you this. Normally, you are totally powerless and incapable of hurting a fly.

What would you do?

Note: Assume that negotiating is impossible, and the Demon Lord has zero patience for conversation. You have to choose first (to kill your friends or be killed yourself) before the Demon Lord is interested in talking to you.

1. Open response: What would you have done immediately after regaining your memories?

2. Open response: What would you do at the final battle?

3. Do you believe that people can be saved from the "Dark Side"?

4. If the Demon Lord has no memory of you, would you still think of them as your spouse?

5. In general, would you pick the Hero's side or the Demon Lord's side?

Snowbun, NamGi and arashi-chan12 like this.
  2. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's that time of day again, huh? Lychee-poll time.

3. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    It's has started again ~
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill myself while muttering her name with a gentle smile just to torture her with guilt once she awakens her memories after watching me slit my own throat and slowly bleed to death.

Llamadragon, Pyoo, Fulminata and 11 others like this.
  5. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Open response: What would you have done immediately after regaining your memories?
    Do the same thing even without the memories. The only thing change is the awkwardness of fighting your once fiancee.
    Become a healer and buff the team.
    Yes. Everyone has a dark side but you only need the right amount of persuation to turn them good.
    4. If the Demon Lord has no memory of you, would you still think of them as your spouse?
    No. It would be best if she didn't know who i am for there are less regrets in killing the enemy.
    I rather place being in the neutral side. Bloodshed is always the best answer but finding the middle ground is the best result.

6. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    So many polls...so many options...so many ... ?!:blobdizzy:

Innieminnie and AMissingLinguist like this.
  7. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell him you love him, then kill yourself because you can't betray your friends or your feelings for him.

8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Good to know that nugians embrace the dark side. Just think about all the fun things you could get them to do:blobspearpeek:

ThunderingSnow likes this.
  9. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know ho many this kind of poll appear in a day

10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I want to say, why the only redeeming quality is something like a spider sense, second, do you have a bad impression on spiderman :blobunsure:?
    Anyway
    Hit my head again to lose them
    Me: My dear, I have regained my past memories, I have come to seek you and run away together, come join me
    Demon lord: What?
    Party members: What?
    Me: Come beloved, let us leave all things behind and run away to a far away place
    Party members: what is wrong with you? did you hit your head or something?
    Me: Yes, how did you know?
    Party members: ...
    Demon lord: Enough! DIE!!
    *I get struck by demon lord attack, instant death thanks to lychee's bad impression on spiderman*
    GAME OVER
    [​IMG]
    Maybe, maybe not, but the offer is tempting
    [​IMG]

Yeah... it will probably be a bad life since you said this
    It will be an unnecessary drama :hmm:
    My side, I don't like the image of spiderman in this poll world, so I will make a better spiderman in this case :blobtriumph:
    If the demon lord doesn't regain her memories, you will always stay in her mind as the scared weakling who suicided beacause of fear :hmm:

Snowbun, felidormit, Pyoo and 3 others like this.
  11. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably nothing different, but if I saw a chance to try and convince her to stop her destruction I would take it.
    Not kill the other party members. I would probably stand still and wait for the killing blow than say the name she had in her previous life. Like stated in the scenario, screw the low probability that it would work. If it works you win if it doesn't you die. Her offer indicates that there is something there that is telling her she needs you, and the trigger for her memories may be you calling her that name.
    Yes. I have seen it happen enough times to know that people aren't inherently evil and if given a chance many will take it, but they are the ones that need to want to change.
    If I can see souls and didn't have a new spouse in that life, probably.
    I'd try to stay neutral. Can't change her if you are her enemy since anything you said could be seen as a trick, but can't side with her since it would just reinforce the darkness engulfing her.

12. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    • I said yes, because, as a Hero, I'm going to assume I was given a crystal to trap the demon lord or something, but one that would leave him alive bc the good side ought to have believed it immoral to kill. Now, I would trap my party in yhe crystal and lie to the lord saying that they were killed in the crystal, where they would be perfectly alive and he would assume that the weapon that was supposed to be used to end his reign might kill them. Then, I would heal my party and teleport the crystal over to the wizard who gave it to me to set them free, with a message asking them to hide away as many people as they could in an underground city. I would go on to help the lord's reign, trying to reform him with buttloads of doting (or maybe hitting him on the head when he was asleep to help him get his memories back), and secretly making sure each side of the war maintained as few losses as possible without directly interfering.

mir, Innieminnie and lychee like this.
  13. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably join the Demon Lord because if I was ever in the Hero's party, then that means I was forced or threatened into joining them because with my lazy personality, there's no way I would ever willingly take on a task as hard as saving the world.

Llamadragon and arashi-chan12 like this.
  14. Karumin

Karumin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

15. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you take the same child, duplicate them, and them raise them completely differently they will be nowhere near the same person. Their personalities, morals, likes, dislikes and everything about them will be different depending on what they were exposed to and went through. You can't even say for certain that they'll have the same favourite foods, since even though it's the same tongue you acquire different tastes as you go on like if you grew up eating none vs tons of spicy food.

I don't think I can abandon someone I have a lifetime of memories worth of loving them and them loving me back though, but it's not gonna be pretty if I try and approach them as they are now
    I'd find a way to extend my lifespan and live in a cottage or something and become that witch that is good at what she does but also plays tricks to have a bit of fun so you gotta be careful what you ask for
    The demon lord can come find me when they remember and are done being edgy

Arcturus, mir, arashi-chan12 and 3 others like this.
  16. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus, me in the hero's party? Yeah no. I'd like to think I'm compassionate to an extent but I don't volunteer at places everyday and spend my free time trying to make the world change for the better. That's basically the level of commitment you'd need to decide you're going to go defeat the demon lord. I'm no saint, I'd rather spend my time reading novels, drawing, or replying to polls like these.
    Also, my only power is seeing souls and I can't even protect myself at all. I'm not THAT suicidal yet.

Pyoo, arashi-chan12 and Innieminnie like this.
  17. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I laughed when I read this

mir, Innieminnie and ThunderingSnow like this.
  18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    but that was a tried and tested method to regain memories yanno?

btw do you need some bricks?

Innieminnie likes this.
  19. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Carry on as before
    See if I can heal my friends and have us all run?
    I would like to think “yes,” but then I see people here in the real world who can’t, either because their brain chemistry won’t let them or because their opinions are intractable and they’ve boarded their minds in to the point where no logic will get through.
    No. They are a different person. I know that we’ve trained ourselves from all those quick transmigration novels to think that they’re the same person, but I doubt that in reality this would be the case.
    Hero’s

Arcturus, mir, lychee and 1 other person like this.
  20. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Look into obscure magics/ask those more knowledgeable in obscure ancient magics about reincarnation and pasts lives. See if anything can be done. Immediately quit the party and do research on the demon king, or do research while in the party to find motives. Try to open up communication with the demon king, perhaps show him the better nature of humanity? Appeal to his nature, state his soul is not evil, that no one's souls are. Stuff like this.

What do you mean? Like would I kill my friends and join the demon king? I would use my dagger and point it at my friends, and slowly approach them. While walking I would tell a story of my past life, ending in that betrayl like this just wasn't me, and if I did it I wouldn't be the same person my soulmate fell in love with. If he killed me, I would call out his past name one last time and wish him peace.

Yes.

No.

I would be a neutral party who helped the hero, but wouldn't hurt the demon lord- only trying to make him see reason.

lychee and arashi-chan12 like this.