The weather looks good today...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DiabolicGod, Nov 24, 2019.

?

Smalltalk?

1. I am MALE and I suck at smalltalk

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I am MALE and I can do smalltalk for short amounts of time, but it gets awkward fast

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. I am MALE and I can do smalltalk moderately well

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. I am MALE and I am in my element doing smalltalk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am FEMALE and I suck at smalltalk

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. I am FEMALE and I can do smalltalk for short amounts of time, but it gets awkward fast

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I am FEMALE and I can do smalltalk moderately well

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. I am FEMALE and I am in my element doing smalltalk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I am Male and I like doing smalltalk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I am Male and I dislike doing smalltalk

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. I am Female and I like doing smalltalk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I am Female and I dislike doing smalltalk

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  13. I don't really care

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At @lychee 's thread, I was forced to admit to myself that I easily get annoyed by most people (that I am forced to interact with) and that I dislike small talk, so now I want to know how good you are at small talk.
    Small talk is an informal type of discourse that does not cover any functional topics of conversation or any transactions that need to be addressed. The phenomenon of small talk was initially studied in 1923 by Bronisław Malinowski, who coined the term "phatic communication" to describe it.
    Some other questions:

1. Do you get annoyed at people easily?
    2. Do you prefer talking or being in the presence of males, females, or do you prefer to be alone?
    3. What makes someone comfortable to be around for you?
    4. What makes someone uncomfortable to be around for you?
    Bonus
    : If you answered 1. with yes, why is that?

lychee likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No
    2. Do you prefer talking or being in the presence of males, females, or do you prefer to be alone?
    I like being alone but when in a team, conference or some group I prefer listening
    I don't know :hmm:

No idea :hmm:

DiabolicGod likes this.
  3. nuubman

nuubman Russia greatest love machine !

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no, depends on my luck, sometimes I find myself talking to idiots and other times i find myself talking to decent people though I'd rather not socialize so as a definite answer I would say yes.
    Do you prefer talking or being in the presence of males, females, or do you prefer to be alone?
    I like being alone since I don't need to think about how to be normal and thus socialize, but if the person knows me and my quircks I don't mind talking to the person, most of the time I prefer to be alone but sometimes I have the need of talking to someone because I can't bear the loneliness
    What makes someone comfortable to be around for you?
    Sorry I can't understand the question, please specify.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  4. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Either i ask back whatever they ask me, or follow The Sims interactions.

Kinda. After getting irritated multiple times, i am already annoyed when i see them
    Presence of same sex, but doing thing by ourselves seperately.
    How close we are
    How close we are, did we have a fight, etc. If stranger: body odor, privacy bubble

DiabolicGod likes this.
  5. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you get annoyed at people easily?
    no. i usually keep myself neutral, so i don't really think/feel someone annoying or likeable until a certain time passed. maybe i'm just apathetic about people in general.

Do you prefer talking or being in the presence of males, females, or do you prefer to be alone?

i usually listen, only speak up when i feel comfortable.
    i'm not good with crowds; i tend to find myself being alone or to have a small circle of friends.

What makes someone comfortable to be around for you? What makes someone uncomfortable to be around for you?
    don't know. just rely on gut feelings.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  6. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    No. However, I did answer in the poll that I hate small talk.

Prefer being alone (huge introvert). I have reasons why I dislike being around both genders, so it's hard for me to name why it's one or the other.

Someone who I feel comfortable and relaxed around.

For guys, it is uncomfortable if I get the feeling that they like me. For girls, it is uncomfortable when I subconsciously start comparing myself with them, or there are various other kinds of female drama.

Overall I would say that I'm more comfortable around guys (assuming that they're not particularly attracted and their personality is good).

DiabolicGod likes this.
  7. DankMCD

DankMCD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -
    Yes
    -
    I will only talk to them if I have something to to talk about with them or if they have something to talk about with me.
    -
    Bold of you to assume I'm comfortable around them when I have anxiety
    -
    Anxiety
    Bonus: If you answered 1. with yes, why is that?
    - There are instances where they're around me and just wants to talk about anything I have no interest on when I prefer to be alone and don't have anywhere to go just to stay away from them but, I have a solution for that, that's why I bought myself some really good headphones so I can ignore them and pretend that I can't hear them over the headphones.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably yes. A couple of minutes is all it takes for most, unless a) I need to do something that they have to do too, or can helpme with, b) we engage in an interesting conversation about a subject I want to know about or have been burning to talk to someone about, c) they know me/ are rare cases of nice persons that I won't get annoyed at because they can feel when they are starting to irritate with their presence, or finally d) I am in a very good mood
    Alone for around 60% of my waking time, the rest preferably in small groups or (up to 10%) in bigger groups. I am open to talking to anyone about most things, so long as they keep me interested and don't annoy me with bs I don't care about. Can't really feel comfortable with only one other person, no matter who (family, friends, either gender).
    Enthusiastic, but not overenthusiastic, people who can read the mood, and are generally nice.
    Anyone who can't read my mood, talks about things I couldn't care less about, smokers (who smoke in close vincinity), people preaching stupidity or being proud of something I find dumb (religion, some politics, vegans, etc.)
    Bonus: If you answered 1. with yes, why is that?
    Haven't really found anyone I can relate to and most people are stupid in some way from my pov
    What traits does someone have to have in order for you to relax around them and feel comfortable in their presence. Like, describe attributes of someone you'd voluntarily spend a weekend on a small ship with. Sorta.
    Genius. Now I have to play The Sims in order to learn better small talk, cause mine is over in a minute ^^
    Same, same.
    (y)
    Would do the same, but I usually have my headphones and Ipod at the bottom of my bagpack and by then they already started talking :(