[Poll] Would you become a pet to a higher being?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 24, 2019.

Tags:
?

How bad would your condition have to be for you to consider going into a trapped cage?

1. I've always wanted to be a pet slave for aliens!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. I would happily enter a cage even if I was totally healthy

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. I would enter a cage even if I was healthy

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. I would reluctantly enter a cage even if I was healthy

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I would enter a cage if I was slightly hungry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I would enter a cage if I was moderately hungry

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. I would enter a cage if I was extremely hungry

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  8. I would enter a cage if I was starving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I would enter a cage if I was mildly injured

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I would enter a cage if I was moderately injured

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I would enter a cage if I was severely injured

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  12. I would enter a cage if I had a lethal injury

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  13. I would enter a cage if I suspected that I was diseased/sick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I would enter a cage if I felt slightly sick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I would enter a cage if I felt moderately sick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I would enter a cage if I felt very sick

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  17. I would enter a cage if I felt like I needed to be in a hospital

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  18. I would never enter a cage - Don't trust aliens

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  19. I would never enter a cage - I value my freedom

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  20. I would never enter a cage - Moral/Ethical reason

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  21. I would never enter a cage - Practical reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. I would never enter a cage - Sentimental reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. I would never enter a cage - Other reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I would kill myself rather than deal with this

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  25. I'm unsure

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  26. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsnow::blobsnow::blobsnow:

You were transmigrated to an isekai universe that is the home of an advanced alien civilization known as the v̶̯̫͊̚l̶̬̀f̴̗̽̒o̸̡͌d̵̨̩̋̒s̴̫̻̍ä̵̼h̵̥͐̿a̴̪͔͗̊d̶͙̈f̷̳͊s̷͕̀ī̶͙̌ǎ̴̭̇n̵̳͗ṣ̵̜͝͝.

The aliens are basically demigods and they are immortal. They are 5 times larger than humans (basically giants), extremely intelligent (capable of N-dimensional parallel thought) and they communicate with each other through telepathy and other transcendent senses. They are unable to communicate with humans (the aliens lack ears and eyes) and they are completely disinterested in doing so.

From their perspective, humans are vulgar dumb beasts no different from a cockroach or sewer rat. If they really tried, they could interpret the human language (like how human biologists can study the language of bird calls), but a majority of aliens don't bother because humans are a meaningless waste of time to them.

90% of their planet is synthetic, which also means that there is almost no food or natural plants/animals lying around in the wild.

The humans who live on this planet survive by scavenging off of the waste products and trash produced by the aliens. Attempting to enter the alien buildings will get humans killed or trapped or shot or electrocuted by a force field or some variation thereof with advanced technology beyond the ability of humans to comprehend. Alien technology seems to be incompatible with humans and no human has ever figured out how to operate alien technology.

Life in the streets of this synthetic world is extremely tough.

There is not enough food, and the humans often fight with each for the scraps. Nearly everyone is starving or on the brink of starving. There are a lot of diseases on the streets and there are no doctors or skilled professionals. If someone is injured, they are left to die.

The humans in this world are also largely lawless. However, all humans share the same language so you can naturally understand them.

+ + +

Lately, the aliens have been leaving out large cages with food in them.

It is fairly obvious that it is a trap meant to catch humans.

You saw a few of your fellow humans walk into the trap and get taken away by the aliens.

You weren't sure exactly what happened to them, but one day you spotted them inside an alien residence behind a big glass(?) (impenetrable transparent material) window. They appeared to look healthy, collared, and superficially they appeared to be treated as house pets.

You have no other information, and it is impossible to communicate with the trapped humans.

Would you consider going into the trapped cages with food?

The alternative is to stay on the streets, close to starvation every day. You are likely infested with parasites and other diseases, you are scratched up with injuries, and you aren't sure how long you will manage to stay alive for. The life expectancy for wild humans in this world is around 25 years old.

1. Do you choose freedom or the cage? Why?

2. If you were caught against your will, would you fight? What if you were told by a friend that resisting the aliens only causes them to be more cruel in their treatment towards you?

3. Suppose that some aliens are nice and some are mean. What percentage of aliens have to be nice for you to consider going into the cage? (e.g. if 90% of aliens were mean vs. if 10% of aliens were mean).

4. How would you feel if you were spayed/neutered by the aliens, or various other things were done to you without your consent? What if you were told that it was for "your own good"?

5. How would you expect to be treated as a pet, assuming that it is impossible for you to communicate with your owners? Would you have lines that you would absolutely refuse to cross and resist to the ends of the universe?

6. Could you ever learn to like your owner or develop protective feelings towards them?

NamGi and Osamaru like this.
  2. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I would make the higher being MY pet.

3. Draakon

Draakon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But how you survive 400 chapters before it?

mangoberry, GDLiZy, Ddraig and 3 others like this.
  4. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    What is about this pet?? Better farming nuffies here
    Nuffies
    Nuffies
    Nuffies
    Nuffies
    Here I come nuffies :blob_nuffies:

5. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    I might go

I can be a contrary cat

Charm some giant

And arbitrarily be sweet or bitey

6. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Cage..I choose stability over freedom. Wonder if my alien likes cuddles? *Wags butt* *Tilts head adorably*

2. If you were caught against your will, would you fight? What if you were told by a friend that resisting the aliens only causes them to be more cruel in their treatment towards you?
    It depends on the treatment. I would first talk to them, and if unlistened to and the treatment got worse, I'd probanly become catatonic and depressed. Maybe apathetic.

3. Suppose that some aliens are nice and some are mean. What percentage of aliens have to be nice for you to consider going into the cage? (e.g. if 90% of aliens were mean vs. if 10% of aliens were mean).
    50% hopefully I'm not gonna get skinned, and used as a coat or a pair of boots..

4. How would you feel if you were spayed/neutered by the aliens, or various other things were done to you without your consent? What if you were told that it was for "your own good"?
    I'm already defective, no need to waste your time. As long as it's safe and I won't feel the pain, I'm good.

5. How would you expect to be treated as a pet, assuming that it is impossible for you to communicate with your owners? Would you have lines that you would absolutely refuse to cross and resist to the ends of the universe?
    Like any other pet from a good household. You provide the goodies, I provide the cool tricks, affectionate cuddles, and hilarious pet antics. And uhm...them developing a human version of bestiality.

6. Could you ever learn to like your owner or develop protective feelings towards them?
    If they're nice? Yeah.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    lychee likes this.
  7. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    The scenario very much reminds of the BL novel 'Ai No Kusabi'. It just really depends on how desperate I am to survive and how nice my new owner is going to be.

This reminds me of a saying recently. 'Some people give up freedom for food and water. Some people give up food and water to fight for freedom.'

In this case, since the standards of living are so low, I would give up my freedom in exchange for food and water, provided that my future owner is going to treat me well. Otherwise, I would probably just kill myself early to save myself from the future despair caused by either the horrible living environments or the horrible outcome of being an abused pet.

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link

That's not called a pet. That's called a pest.

9. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'm not sure. Going by my general disposition of not caring about eating (unless it's already ready made, I may not eat an entire day or two until I am hungry enough to cook myself something), I'd either die in acceptance and spend the rest of my life dreaming away, fight tooth and nail for food and make it to 50 years old, 'cause when I have motivation, I'll pull through amazingly. Well, either of those two, or I would 55% probably go into the cage as a last resort. After all, it doesn't seem that bad and I may yet survive, even if I change in enslavement, and become immortal, however small the chance is.

I'd put up at the very least a token resistance, so that in either case of them looking for 'tame' or 'wild' humans, I'll have a good chance of not being discarded. It really largely depends on how I get caught and how they seem to behave. If it does seem like I'll be in for a world of hurt, I'd probably not resist much at all tbh.

Over 70% being nice would be good enough odds for me to try my luck if I am constantly starving and sick. 50% when I'm in a bad position that seems to only get worse until my soon coming death and finally 25% if I am at death's door. Any lower than that and I would prefer to have a clean death, as far as that is possible when I live on the streets.

I'd curse them, kill them, tear them to shreds... in my head, without having eyecontact (legilimency, anyone?). I would get over it and I am pretty sure I would even manage not to openly attack them, no matter what they tell me, since I always know that my life is in their hands and death is far from the worst they can do to me.

Hmm, I'll need examples for what lines.
    I'd expect to be treated as an intelligent pet, where the aliens show off to others what they managed to get their pets to do (hopefully teach the pathetic three-dimensional grunts some N-dimensional crap and not some weird looking outfit or shit).

Sure, but it depends on the Alien. How do they treat me, what is their social position, are they aesthetically pleasing, etc.?

lychee likes this.
  10. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww: This is a really great quote! I like it!

Little Potato likes this.
  11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, living longer for 25 years or dying while eating earthworms... What a tiuhh choice

12. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if my master is a girl and she doesn’t neuter me. Then I would love to be her pet!

13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    You have no idea who your master might be, or what they might do to you.

All you can see is a cage trap with food in it.

Who knows what happens to you after that point?

14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

Watch this oldie instead.:p

15. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty is no one's pet.

Bitty Kitty is a free and friendly kitty.

Lurking likes this.
  16. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I’m going to pass on it. I’m not masochist enough to be some guys pet and lose my jewels. I’ll just look for a cute alien girl and show up at her door. Hopefully she will take me.

17. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    It reminds me of Gantz

18. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pets can be treated quite horribly but at least they aren't collecting humans for experimentation, tricking other humans into believing they are treated well... Or are they? How intelligent are they really? Do we just think we are intelligent but are walking on the palms of their hands?

At first, I would resist out of suspicion but when life gets desperate. When I realize that life outside is so much worse than any life in a cage. Rape, pillaging, murder, and all that. I would resign myself while I am still in good condition so that I have a higher likelihood of being picked up by a good owner instead of being treated like a disposable faulty product with missing limbs and noticeable scars.

Aiya, all these scenarios are pretty terrible (to be in) recently.

Lurking, felidormit and lychee like this.
  19. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: merely morbid...... brain needs washing :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

SilverCrow63 likes this.
  20. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why go so far? A golden retriever named Max that live in middle-upper household have better life than a significant percentage of humans.

felidormit likes this.